• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon in USUM

I was surprised. I'm thinking only the UBs will be new (maybe a few more of them) and not "proper" Pokemon but who knows? would be interesting if they added another 70 or so so flesh out and have a similar number to another gens (not counting 6) but I think that'd be a bit much. Just expecting a few more UB and Alola forms

I'm convinced that Burst will be Fire/Fairy. And since the counterparts share a type, I think they'll send us a curveball and make Assembly Fire/Ghost. Just my crazy 'theory'.

As I said in another thread, they'll likely share a type since they're version exclusives, and the previous version exclusives shared at least one typing - Bug/Fighting and Steel respectively.

Only types I can see them matching would be Psychic or Ghost.
What if they're Fire/Rock and Ghost/Rock?

What if they're Fire/Rock and Ghost/Rock?

Not the person you quoted, but so far all the UBs have different types with no overlap (other than version exclusives), but Rock is already done with Nihilego.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing a breakdown of type options for UB Burst and UB Assembly

Let's see, since the UBs don't share any types except version exclusives then our options are...
  • Bug
  • Dragon
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Fire
  • Flying
  • Grass
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Electric
  • Normal
  • Poison
  • Psychic
  • Rock
  • Water
  • Dark
  • Steel
  • Fairy
With one shared type between the pair. I think we can safely rule out water and normal, which would leave us with 6 types options for Burst and Assembly with one being common.

• Fire
  • Ice
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Psychic
  • Fairy

Not the person you quoted, but so far all the UBs have different types with no overlap (other than version exclusives), but Rock is already done with Nihilego.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing a breakdown of type options for UB Burst and UB Assembly

Let's see, since the UBs don't share any types except version exclusives then our options are...
  • Bug
  • Dragon
  • Ice
  • Fighting
  • Fire
  • Flying
  • Grass
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Electric
  • Normal
  • Poison
  • Psychic
  • Rock
  • Water
  • Dark
  • Steel
  • Fairy
With one shared type between the pair. I think we can safely rule out water and normal, which would leave us with 6 types options for Burst and Assembly with one being common.

• Fire
  • Ice
  • Ghost
  • Ground
  • Psychic
  • Fairy
I am hoping for Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy. But it'll probably be Fire/Psychic and Ghost/Psychic.

I am hoping for Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy. But it'll probably be Fire/Psychic and Ghost/Psychic.
I hope they're not Psychic. I was actually wanting to rule off Psychic in the chart due to the mascots, but their status as UBs is dubious.
I think it's unlikely we'll see a psychic UB. Anyways Paychic is too overused this generation.

Pretty sure that them having to share the same type and that no UB besides counterparts can share type is just Pokemon fans once again seeing another pattern when there none. Instead of trying to see imaginary patterns where there is none you should instead look at the UB and what their inspiration could be and use that to decide their type. Burst being a firework could make it Fire, a clown which could be Fairy, and possibly a dandelion which could be Grass. Assembly is just a bunch or sentient bricks which could make it Rock, that combines to form a floating wall which could make it Ghost or Psychic.

Pretty sure that them having to share the same type and that no UB besides counterparts can share type is just Pokemon fans once again seeing another pattern when there none. Instead of trying to see imaginary patterns where there is none you should instead look at the UB and what their inspiration could be and use that to decide their type. Burst being a firework could make it Fire, a clown which could be Fairy, and possibly a dandelion which could be Grass. Assembly is just a bunch or sentient bricks which could make it Rock, that combines to form a floating wall which could make it Ghost or Psychic.

It's not a made up pattern... it's been true for every UB we've seen so far. No one can really deny the fact that none of the UBs so far have shared a type except counterparts.
And it isn't just for UBs. The version exclusives usually have the same inspiration or type: A-Sandslash and Ninetales, Passimian and Oranguru, Drampa and Turtonator.
We're not just speculating on patterns and completely negating the theme.
The intention of this 'pattern observation' was to speculate the type based on theme as well as the UBs inspiration. The both aren't mutually exclusive.
And if you'd notice, there are highly plausible combinations which fit into the first 'pattern'- that no UBs share a type.

My list of plausible types: Fire/Psychic and Steel/Psychic, Fire/Fairy and Fire/Ghost.
I'm almost sure that Burst is Fire/Fairy but not sure on Assembly. GameFreak usually don't give the obviously glaring types to UBs, but put in some twist, which I believe will be the case with Assembly.

I'm half-expecting Game Freak to add in a Mythical Pikaclone they forgot to add into SM for the 20th anniversary. Please Game Freak, make a Mythical that's the source of all Pikaclones in-universe. I want it! I need it!

but it resembles a clown
The only clown Pokemon are Psychic/Fairy, Fighting and a Water-type that evolves into a Water/Fairy. There's nothing particularly clownish about the Psychic-type; if anything, Fairy makes more sense because of Burst's whimsical, brightly-colored design. I guess I could see Fire/Psychic, since that would still give it SE STAB against Deci and Metagross... But I sort of doubt it, yo.

Do you remember the "Star" rumor with 20 new pokemon speculation? It doesn't seem to be likely to have 20 more pokemon, we could have more UBs, but maybe they were referring to Alolan formes, since we got two exclusive UBs, and we probably gong to get more form changes, other than that, I don't see them getting new pokemon.

on the other hand Burst looks a little like a Disco ball, that would suggest psychic/electric.

Yeah, there's always the possibility it's a move not of its type. For example, Assembly might not be part Steel, but they show it using Iron Defense likely to represent it being a giant structure/wall.

I could see Burst's move being Fling if we follow similar logic. It throws its head as part of its concept so it fits like Iron Def fits something looking like Assembly. And Fling is Dark, so would be super effective on both Decidueye and Metagross. The fireworks might just be part of its animations, not the attack's animation, like how Passimian's fruit is thrown or Mega Sceptile's tail is fired.

Yeah, there's always the possibility it's a move not of its type. For example, Assembly might not be part Steel, but they show it using Iron Defense likely to represent it being a giant structure/wall.

I could see Burst's move being Fling if we follow similar logic. It throws its head as part of its concept so it fits like Iron Def fits something looking like Assembly. And Fling is Dark, so would be super effective on both Decidueye and Metagross. The fireworks might just be part of its animations, not the attack's animation, like how Passimian's fruit is thrown or Mega Sceptile's tail is fired.

Like I said before, very rarely is a Pokémon's first shown move a non-STAB (in fact, I cannot remember any SM Pokémon which used a non STAB move on its first reveal.

Comfey was shown using Synthesis, in the Japanese trailers, Jangmo-o was shown using Headbutt, Stufful was shown using Brutal Swing, promotional material showed Rockruff using Bite, and Passimian was shown using Fling.

Back
Top Bottom