• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

eh, i doubt they'll do that. (and it's just as bland as the original story to begin with.) what seems most likely-- given that the OG encounter with the wormhole is included-- is that Lusamine's actions inadvertently pull out Necrozma either instead of the Nihilego she was searching for or as a sort of intermediary point between saving Lusamine.

there's unfortunately been little indicator that Game Freak will do something truly interesting with USUM's story.
Why not insert the Ultra Beasts earlier in the plot? The games have "Ultra" in the title, so the least Game Freak can do is put them into the main game instead of keeping them exclusive to the Looker side quest.

Why not insert the Ultra Beasts earlier in the plot? The games have "Ultra" in the title, so the least Game Freak can do is put them into the main game instead of keeping them exclusive to the Looker side quest.
I agree, UBs could have their story in the main story, instead a fetch quest post game, especially the name "Ultra" in the title referring to UBs will get a story, not to mention it also focuses on Necrozma. Also a theory everybody's going around with UBs having their own Ultra Space.

It would be better if USUM have a better post-game content compared to Emerald/Platinum.

there's a bevy of possibilities GF could've taken with the plot for USUM. what i'm getting at is that-- even with what little info we have-- it doesn't seem like GF took on any of those possibilities.

That poster looks awesome. I think we've all been underestimating this game due to the lack of promotion, which is to be expected.

I think they have something way bigger for the climax planned than what Sun/Moon originally brought.

That poster has given me more faith in these games than anything we've seen so far, and it's just a static poster lol.

Put me in the crazy camp, those are galactic admins from the Distortion World who were searching for Cyrus and ended up in Alola. Lets go full multiverse with these games.
Woah, this would be hugely good

Put me in the crazy camp, those are galactic admins from the Distortion World who were searching for Cyrus and ended up in Alola. Lets go full multiverse with these games.

This is awesome and that would make my YEAR, even though I don't see Gamefreak being that multiverse savvy unfortunately ☹️ We can only dream.

I hate Team Galactic with a vibrant passion so that wouldn't really do anything for me, personally. :unsure:

Besides, why not let this be its own story, with new characters? What's the appeal of letting some goofy bowlcut astronauts go all Hijacked By Ganon on Alola in an attempt to summon their long-lost anime villain cult leader from three generations ago, who happens to be probably the series's least-coherent antagonist ("Mommy and daddy expected me to make too many straight As so now I want to become God and destroy the very concept of a soul by blowing up the universe!")? Why not save that for the remakes which are almost certainly on the horizon anyway?

Last edited:
In case of DP remake, I wonder what Team Galactic's purpose, since the remake might expand the Story like ORAS did with Team Magma/Aqua with Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion with the Legendaries?

Has anyone noticed that Lillie's outfit is her "Z-Powered" outfit? Is this how we'll see Lillie from here?
Cuz I'll take it. I prefer her that way (character-wise and appearance-wise)

Has anyone noticed that Lillie's outfit is her "Z-Powered" outfit? Is this how we'll see Lillie from here?
Cuz I'll take it. I prefer her that way (character-wise and appearance-wise)

If you mean seeing her in the Z-Powered form for the whole game, then no, there was a released screenshot of her in her Nihilego clothes.

19.jpg

If that's not what you meant, then sorry for making an unneeded correction.

Lillie holding a Pokeball is interesting as well as Hau looking determined. Maybe this time around Aether Foundation is forced to take the offensive instead of relying on Team Skull to do their dirty work which means... hopefully, NO TEAM SKULL OR GUZMA. PLEASE DEAR ARCEUS.

This actually reminds me of a stupid thing I thought about the Ultra Beasts during the pre-release season. I actually thought the Ultra Beasts were Cyrus' attempt at creating his ideal lifeforms for his ideal world: spiritless minions that exist solely for him.

That poster is really interesting and dramatic looking. That being said I'm not if we should be trying to extrapolate information from a poster of all things.

It is possible that GF decided Lillie should have a more active role but I'm not sure I'm willing to call that a fact yet.

Edit: Though this is probably enough evidence to drop the theory that the starters would have different final forms. Not that, that particular theory ever developed to much traction.

I just thought of something. If Team Skull really is gone, who could be Gladion's employer for the initial part of the game. Hm...

To be more specific. Yes they can be team Aether, obviously. Those coats look very posh. However, two things. Both Wicke and Faba could use more character development, and I cannot see them sidelining the two of em for other characters. Two, Team Galactic's outfits were specifically created to invoke regular spacesuits. So while its perfectly fine for what are obviously Ultra Space Explorers, the design is still way too close to TG to not be skeptical. And then you have that wormhole which gives me serious Giratina Vibes. And hell so does Necrozma, as well as gen 4 in general. The whole tapu thing is like the lake guardians, we have an Artificial Arceus, and the 3rd Legendary is an antagonistic eldritch horror who creates a giant purple worrlmhole above the region. And now these guys.

Back
Top Bottom