• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Too. Many. Text. Leaks. /vp/ - I have seen things. Ask away - Pokémon - 4chan this should be intresting.

Someone talking Bug/Ice Alolan Masquerain? I'd have the idea if it retains Hydro Pump as an egg move, that's the thing drawing me to this Pokémon when I want to play with Quiver Dance.

Wait, if Cosmoem is #388, does this mean there's really only two free slots for new Ultra Beasts? Can someone please confirm/debunk this?

Calling it now, I really feel like that Fossil Dream Park or whatever will be open in USM. It will give us a chance to capture the fossil PKMN in the special balls for breeding purposes.

I saw GameXplain's analysis on the new trailer, and I noticed the Team Skull logo is a decoration in the Alola Photo Club. This also takes a point off of every rumour that says Team Skull isn't back, including the already suspect John Gamefrek III rumour.

Calling it now, I really feel like that Fossil Dream Park or whatever will be open in USM. It will give us a chance to capture the fossil PKMN in the special balls for breeding purposes.

Dreamworld already gave us the ability to capture all fossils in Dreamballs or any standalone balls in BW and BW2. Only additional balls the Fossil Dream Park would be apricorn and beast balls.

Dreamworld already gave us the ability to capture all fossils in Dreamballs or any standalone balls in BW and BW2. Only additional balls the Fossil Dream Park would be apricorn and beast balls.
That is exactly what I mean. The apricorn balls bring a very excellent rarity factor and opens trading up far more for dedicated breeders. If you look at the PKMN yet to be available in apricorn balls, the fossil mon stick out.

To me with what we knw about USUM and the more reliable leaks, it doesn't seem if new alola form mons will be a thing. Anyone else feel the same ? If so why haven't they shown any yet ?

To me with what we knw about USUM and the more reliable leaks, it doesn't seem if new alola form mons will be a thing. Anyone else feel the same ? If so why haven't they shown any yet ?

There is still a month and a half left, with probably two or three trailers to show off in that span of time. They could just be saving Alola Forms for later in the promotion. We didn't learn that Alola Forms even existed until three months before SM were coming out, but we'd also known about the games themselves for much longer in advance than we've known about USUM, so relatively speaking, August was closer to the end of SM's promotional period than the beginning. Additionally, SM just had more to show off in general.

I won't deny that I'm on some tenterhooks about the possibility of new Alola Forms, but it doesn't seem totally crazy for them to have held off on showing them so far, if there are indeed more to show. Somewhat encouragingly, the trailers have gradually been spotlighting bigger and more substantial things. We went from teaser (what we now know to be new Z-Moves but at the time were small cutscene clips with no context, visual improvements, new Necrozma forms glimpsed) > quick splash with some obvious changes (new map, Hau'oli construction space clearly filled, Kartana Space, Kahili existing, Ryuki in weird beta gym building, Carrotwolf) > exposition on some of the new stuff + a curveball (Necrozmas are fusions, details about Carrotwolf event + its Z-Move, NEW UBs) > new features (revised Trials, Mantine Surf, Photo Club properly shown off, Dex expansion but conveniently all the Johto Pokémon are ones with Megas and probably weren't getting Alola Forms anyway, official site/Japanese trailer reveals the new poster image with the rest of this generation's Kill la Kill knock-offs)

Last edited:
People should remember that October is decently big month for new features and things. For ORAS I believe we got Soaring, Multinav, and new info on Rayquaza's mega. For SM we got the Festival plaza, both of the starters evos and I wanna say something else, but I can't remember. We cold easily get a big drop next month and it being new Alolan forms. I would be surprised if they don't talk about the battle facility before the games launch (there's always a new facility of some kind lol)

i wonder if they gonna do demo this time around after all the datamine leaks.
i think next month we will go into the big stuff like the new evil team,more z-moves, and what is the light thing from the box art, and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
tbh i don't really care about alola forms , but it will be nice to see some new ones i guess.

@everyone

Just a reminder that BW2 and Platinum pokedexes were all over the place in comparison to BW and DP :p

It's entirely possible that the order changed and that the UBs aren't at the back of the dex anymore (or that not the same UBs are anyway) In gen 5, the dex was reordered for BW2 in accordance to how early you encounter the respective pokemon, e.g. the musketeers and genies were way earlier in the dex than they were in BW and so on. SM's dex was a bit messy imo so it's also possible that they will reorder it in accordance to the new additions and when/where you can see them etc

Ofc, it's also possible that this is indeed the order and these 2 UBs are the only new UBs we're getting, but even that much doesn't exclude the possibility of getting new alolan forms or new regular pokemon, OR a new myth that goes at the end of the dex

Also, regarding the skull logo. I do believe that it doesn't have to mean anything at all. After all, it can simply be a PROP, just like all the other villain team logos exist in the photo studio. Does that mean all 7 teams return? :p Doubt it. I wouldn't say Skull exists in USUM just because we saw their logo as a prop sticker and because we can wear skull hats (which we can probably do with the other villain teams too) That said, don't get me wrong, I still think every leak we currently have is a load of BS except the wishlist which may or may not be bs.

This topic surfaced on 4chan today and it looks like Z-Lillie's dialogue changed from SM to USUM. She's no longer talking about saving her mother apparently so maybe Lusamine does take a chill pill?

According to the poster, she's now saying something like: "But, one should help others! That’s what being in Alola has taught me!”

https://i.********/vp/1506223424195.png

Last edited:
@everyone

Just a reminder that BW2 and Platinum pokedexes were all over the place in comparison to BW and DP :p

It's entirely possible that the order changed and that the UBs aren't at the back of the dex anymore (or that not the same UBs are anyway) In gen 5, the dex was reordered for BW2 in accordance to how early you encounter the respective pokemon, e.g. the musketeers and genies were way earlier in the dex than they were in BW and so on. SM's dex was a bit messy imo so it's also possible that they will reorder it in accordance to the new additions and when/where you can see them etc

Ofc, it's also possible that this is indeed the order and these 2 UBs are the only new UBs we're getting, but even that much doesn't exclude the possibility of getting new alolan forms or new regular pokemon, OR a new myth that goes at the end of the dex

Also, regarding the skull logo. I do believe that it doesn't have to mean anything at all. After all, it can simply be a PROP, just like all the other villain team logos exist in the photo studio. Does that mean all 7 teams return? :p Doubt it. I wouldn't say Skull exists in USUM just because we saw their logo as a prop sticker and because we can wear skull hats (which we can probably do with the other villain teams too) That said, don't get me wrong, I still think every leak we currently have is a load of BS except the wishlist which may or may not be bs.

This topic surfaced on 4chan today and it looks like Z-Lillie's dialogue changed from SM to USUM. She's no longer talking about saving her mother apparently so maybe Lusamine does take a chill pill?

According to the poster, she's now saying something like: "But, one should help others! That’s what being in Alola has taught me!”

https://i.********/vp/1506223424195.png
She's basically saying what Kukui stated in the beginning of the original SM. Something along the lines of " If you see someone in need you just help them right"?
So yeah, it's doesn't seem to be about Lusamine seemingly.

i wonder if they gonna do demo this time around after all the datamine leaks.
i think next month we will go into the big stuff like the new evil team,more z-moves, and what is the light thing from the box art, and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
tbh i don't really care about alola forms , but it will be nice to see some new ones i guess.

Hopefully for them they'll go through and remove anything suspect this time. However, the new forms in ORAS were also datamined from that demo, so perhaps that isn't likely...

Hopefully for them they'll go through and remove anything suspect this time. However, the new forms in ORAS were also datamined from that demo, so perhaps that isn't likely...
I don't see why they'd give us a demo of a third version but even if they do, I don't expect that they will hide stuff from the dataminers..I mean they tried harder for sm but it ended up all for naught in the end so

I don't see why they'd give us a demo of a third version but even if they do, I don't expect that they will hide stuff from the dataminers..I mean they tried harder for sm but it ended up all for naught in the end so
They did a demo for oras.. so maybe?
i can see them doing a demo with a special z-move to transfer, like they did with mega steelix and glalie

They did a demo for oras.. so maybe?
i can see them doing a demo with a special z-move to transfer, like they did with mega steelix and glalie
a remake is different. We hadnt seen Hoenn in 3D before and there's a reason to give people a demo of how things look in the remake..this however, it's still Alola, it's still generally the same, only features and some Z-shits are things they could show off in a demo and I'm not sure that's enough

Back
Top Bottom