• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

a remake is different. We hadnt seen Hoenn in 3D before and there's a reason to give people a demo of how things look in the remake..this however, it's still Alola, it's still generally the same, only features and some Z-shits are things they could show off in a demo and I'm not sure that's enough
Well you have a point, but i still think they will do just to keep people busy until the release and to create a hype for this game.

and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)

Since it's tied to Gen 7's online, it will be back. I'd expect it to be changed in Gen 8. Gen 4 & 5 were the same since they were in the Pokemon Centers, Gen 6 had the PSS, and now Gen 7 has Festival Plaza.

Hopefully for them they'll go through and remove anything suspect this time. However, the new forms in ORAS were also datamined from that demo, so perhaps that isn't likely...

IIRC it's usually not worth the time and trouble, so I wouldn't expect it.

View: https://twitter.com/Arkeus88/status/911942746075693056

I'll get my hopes up that this will be replicated in USUM

Wouldn't that also suggest Kiawe, Lana, and Gladion will get one too then?

Since it's tied to Gen 7's online, it will be back. I'd expect it to be changed in Gen 8. Gen 4 & 5 were the same since they were in the Pokemon Centers, Gen 6 had the PSS, and now Gen 7 has Festival Plaza.

IIRC it's usually not worth the time and trouble, so I wouldn't expect it.

Wouldn't that also suggest Kiawe, Lana, and Gladion will get one too then?
I mean, Ash in the poster for the new SM anime is shown to be wearing the USUM Z-Power Ring, so if he gets one, it's possible every character with (or without) a z ring will have them upgraded?

Slightly unrelated but is there a Rumors/Leak thread for the Switch/G8 yet? Cause a lot of (probably fake) leaks have been flying around over the past little while and it would be nice to have a catalog of these leaks
I haven't seen one yet. So I'd say not yet.

i wonder if they gonna do demo this time around after all the datamine leaks.
i think next month we will go into the big stuff like the new evil team,more z-moves, and what is the light thing from the box art, and talk about the online stuff. (i hope plaza is not back)
tbh i don't really care about alola forms , but it will be nice to see some new ones i guess.
we're never getting a demo again after what happened with SM.

I'm it sure if this was mentioned before but, serebii mentioned the changed Dex numbers in US/UM. Cosmog is 387 and Marshadow is 402. What does this mean? Well...

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmeon
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheremosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Kartana
396 Celesteela
397 Guzzlord
398 ???
399 ???
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

398 and 399 are most likely UB-Burst at 389 and UB-Assembly at 399

I think this is it when it comes to new Ultra Beasts and for that matter new Pokemon in general, that's all we will get. This doesn't exclude forms though. We could get new Alola forms and other forms but for new Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, I believe that's it.
Dammit. C'mon GF, don't tell me that the only new creatures design for this were Necrozma formes, only two Ultra Beasts, and another special snowflake Anime form. You can do way better that that!

Honestly, this makes it seem like these UBs were an afterthought only designed to disguise the lack of new designs in USUM.

Last edited:
I mean, personally, I wasn't expecting any new UBs at all, ever, and I was fine with that - so I don't really mind if these are the only two that they add for USUM. Burst and Assembly are fantastic, but I think all of the original seven were fantastic as well, so the two new ones are just icing on the cake for me. :D

If they're the only new ones, why they revealed it so early?

Has their been any word on a potential demo ? I wonder how they will handle the datamine and early game access.

Has their been any word on a potential demo ? I wonder how they will handle the datamine and early game access.
No, there is always a slight chance they will announce a demo during gamesweek in Milan, but the only confirmed info about that is that Iwao and Ohmori will be doing a live battle demonstration there (unknown what kind of battle/format)

It looks like there won't be a new battle facility or anything in the game then going by that description, they would have hyped it up by now if there were one.

Sigh, these games are really starting to look pointless now and garbage in general.:(

It looks like there won't be a new battle facility or anything in the game then going by that description, they would have hyped it up by now if there were one.

Sigh, these games are really starting to look pointless now and garbage in general.:(
I am pretty sure they are under NDA for anything not revealed, and the post game is always in the national dex book.

We still have that huge as fuck cloud that might hide something,we should wait and see if those games will suck for real

Also...need more cameo since the tree is back

Back
Top Bottom