• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

As you can't trade Z Crystals and the Bank Mewnium Z seems to be a one time thing, will I just lose it when I restart my copy of Moon? I accidentally took it/just got it send to my game when I accessed Bank a while ago...
You and me both, pal...
On my dying memory card, was trying to back up my Pokémon via bank and guess what? Brigette was like "yo, you know this rare Z-Crystal that you want in your other game? You are getting it on this game instead. ***k you."
So, yeah, it will get resetted away...
Or in my case, rot away on a save file that can't even be read anymore. Together with my Snorlium Z.

You and me both, pal...
On my dying memory card, was trying to back up my Pokémon via bank and guess what? Brigette was like "yo, you know this rare Z-Crystal that you want in your other game? You are getting it on this game instead. ***k you."
So, yeah, it will get resetted away...
Or in my case, rot away on a save file that can't even be read anymore. Together with my Snorlium Z.
Ugh, I just... It's not like I use either, but the hoarder in me has a problem with this. Did you at least manage to save your team?

Ugh, I just... It's not like I use either, but the hoarder in me has a problem with this. Did you at least manage to save your team?
That much I did, the memory card just would have some bad contact if I moved the DS too much. So I moved to my other memory card, it has no problem now.
But still, R.I.P. Snorlium Z, Mewnium Z, and my 7 thousand hatched eggs count. Still at 4k on my current save file...
"Still".

A quick search on Gen 2 Pokerus tells me that you have to battle or capture the infected wild Pokemon. Fleeing will not transfer Pokerus to your party. While "battle" is not entirely clear, I can only infer that it means defeat rather than attack once and then flee.

I dunno if this is the best place to ask but I didn't see a thread for the VGC release of G/S. The code for Celebi, is it only available through getting the game from the eshop? Or will I get it too if I buy the "physical" copy (the one with the box. I like the box ok? cause yes I'm a horrible hoarder)

Need some technical help, gonna try asking here and hope for a good answer.
Pokémon Gold and Silver. I'm soon going to begin shiny hunting Raikou, Suicune and Entei, want to transfer me some HA legendary beasts once USM rolls out.
I have, however, a question: when specifically are the beasts generated in the game, and has it's DVs saved? Is it when I release them from the tower, or is it when I actually find them in the wild?
I remember seeing around that it was saved only when you actually saw the beast, but I can't find that anywhere, and I can't find confirmation that it's when you release them around. I know that it is the case for the more recent games, but not sure about Gold and SIlver.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I have a quick question about how stats are calculated for the battle tree: Let's say I have a Tapu Lele and Celesteela that have been fully EV-trained, but have not leveled at all since I caught them (so they are level 60 and 65). If I put them in the battle tree where it sets them to level 50, will they have the same stats at level 50 that they would have if I had leveled them to 100 first?

Maybe this has already been answered, but I have a quick question about how stats are calculated for the battle tree: Let's say I have a Tapu Lele and Celesteela that have been fully EV-trained, but have not leveled at all since I caught them (so they are level 60 and 65). If I put them in the battle tree where it sets them to level 50, will they have the same stats at level 50 that they would have if I had leveled them to 100 first?
Kinda confusing your question, but they will have the same stats at level 50 regardless. The level that they were before they entered the Battle Tree is unimportant.

Alright, noob mode activated for a veteran player and such but for the LIFE of me I can't figure out how to rearrange the moveset order of my party unless I'm actually IN battle???

th_image_zpsvnu5czam.jpeg

I thought you could do it by pressing select while in their Stats page but nothing happens :/ Anyone know if this was something you COULD do in the physical copies and just doesn't work in the VC versions or if I'm just going senile?

Alright, noob mode activated for a veteran player and such but for the LIFE of me I can't figure out how to rearrange the moveset order of my party unless I'm actually IN battle???

th_image_zpsvnu5czam.jpeg

I thought you could do it by pressing select while in their Stats page but nothing happens :/ Anyone know if this was something you COULD do in the physical copies and just doesn't work in the VC versions or if I'm just going senile?
I think in Gens 1&2 you could only do it in battle. I don't think it was until Gen 3 that you could do it in the overworld.

Regarding the Virtual Console release of Gen II...

Does the Time Capsule only function if used wirelessly to trade between two 3DSes, or can it be used to transfer Pokemon from my own Gen I game on the same 3DS?

Regarding the Virtual Console release of Gen II...

Does the Time Capsule only function if used wirelessly to trade between two 3DSes, or can it be used to transfer Pokemon from my own Gen I game on the same 3DS?
Only between two 3DSes, and only locally. Which really screws with me, where the closest person with a 3DS that I know is 900km away .-.

I've got a question. Recently I picked up a cheap used White version from Gamestop, which turned out to have an unused Liberty Pass. I know I can't have a Mon hold it and trade it over to my recently restarted White version, but I wanted to know something. Can I use the C-Gear to do that for me? In other words, can the C-Gear send over a duplicate or the original Liberty Pass to my newly restarted White version, like how the Street Pass did it for the Eon Ticket in ORAS? I know that ORAS came much later so it might not be the best comparison, but since I've never really used the C-Gear in each and every gameplay, bar Dream World stuff, I want to know if I can use the C-Gear like that? Normally I'd look it up on the wiki myself, but I've been having some problems accessing the wiki lately, as loading the pages keeps crashing my web browser. And this isn't the first time that's happened, either. I guess it's because of all the ads, but it's preventing me from finding out what the C-Gear can really do bar the Dream World. So if anyone can answer this question I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

I've got a question. Recently I picked up a cheap used White version from Gamestop, which turned out to have an unused Liberty Pass. I know I can't have a Mon hold it and trade it over to my recently restarted White version, but I wanted to know something. Can I use the C-Gear to do that for me? In other words, can the C-Gear send over a duplicate or the original Liberty Pass to my newly restarted White version, like how the Street Pass did it for the Eon Ticket in ORAS? I know that ORAS came much later so it might not be the best comparison, but since I've never really used the C-Gear in each and every gameplay, bar Dream World stuff, I want to know if I can use the C-Gear like that? Normally I'd look it up on the wiki myself, but I've been having some problems accessing the wiki lately, as loading the pages keeps crashing my web browser. And this isn't the first time that's happened, either. I guess it's because of all the ads, but it's preventing me from finding out what the C-Gear can really do bar the Dream World. So if anyone can answer this question I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, the Liberty Ticket does not in any way have the same "viral" effect that the Eon Ticket has. It is simply a standard event-locked key item meant to be received directly from a Mystery Gift download, just like the previous generation's Secret Key / Member Card / Oak's Letter, whereas the Eon Ticket was specifically designed to make use of the 3DS's StreetPass feature. The C-Gear only relays some general data about people you've passed by - their Trainer Card, their selected Trainer class, their statistician raking, their survey answers, their quotes, etc. - and is used to send messages, share Pass Powers (basically clunky O-Powers), and, in B2W2, add people to your Join Avenue. I've never read anything about it sharing event items.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the Liberty Ticket does not in any way have the same "viral" effect that the Eon Ticket has. It is simply a standard event-locked key item meant to be received directly from a Mystery Gift download, just like the previous generation's Secret Key / Member Card / Oak's Letter, whereas the Eon Ticket was specifically designed to make use of the 3DS's StreetPass feature. The C-Gear only relays some general data about people you've passed by - their Trainer Card, their selected Trainer class, their statistician raking, their survey answers, their quotes, etc. - and is used to send messages, share Pass Powers (basically clunky O-Powers), and, in B2W2, add people to your Join Avenue. I've never read anything about it sharing event items.

Ah, I see. Bummer, as I was hoping to use it to catch Victini for the first time in a while. Guess not. Though I guess I can technically do it in the used game, I was hoping that I could pass it on to my current playthrough, since I'm using the used game for item hording/gathering, as it is loaded with various items and such. Shame, as I was hoping that wasn't the case. Ah, well, whatever. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Can’t you trade it over?
The Victini, I mean

To be honest, after looking into it more just a short time ago, I now know the used game is hacked (shiny box legends with perfect IVs, starters in Master Balls, you get it). This had become the new reason why I was hoping the C-Gear could pass it on instead, since that was a legit download, as evident by the Wonder Card, so I don't have to worry about any possible glitching. It happened to me once before, when someone sold me a hacked Diamond that ended up glitching my legit Pearl to the point of no return because I got ambitious and the hacked data screwed up the game like a virus. So I'm very cautious in that regard nowadays, and it's the main reason why I hate hacked Mons. So that's the reason why I was hoping to just use the C-Gear, so I don't have to "interact" with any hacked data and get my game card screwed up again by accident. It's probably me worrying about it too much, but since hacked data destroyed one of my games once before, I don't want to repeat that, so I don't want to use the hacked game too much. That's the main reason I would've preferred the C-Gear doing the job for me, since the chances of any major problems would be reduced. But since it can't do that, I may just end up trashing the used game and forget about Victini out of caution. I'm probably overreacting, but the last time I threw caution to the wind with a hacked game it destroyed another one, so I'm not taking any chances.

in soulsilver/heartgold, is there a way to do well in the pokeathlon pokemon football game? i cant get the pokemon to move as well as i hope.
on a side note, was there once a game, where one of the gym leaders is the protagonists father? if so, details please!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom