• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Round Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Queue? Discussion!
Hey guys, the staff has been discussing the game queue recently and it seems to have a few flaws.

The most notable one has been the regulation of active games.
We see this as a problem as we have a limited amount of players who aren't going to fill up all games. This would lead to some games having to be canceled.
If people do decide to sign up to multiple game, we noticed that the activity level in each game drops. Having to spread yourself thin over multiple games can be too much too some people. Subbing out for a replacement sometimes helps, but that isn't the preferred way to solve this.

It it clear that TWR users are willing to help out with problems that involve them. A lot of users helped out with rewriting the playing and hosting guide.
Now we would like to ask you to give us your thoughts on how we could improve the regulation of active games and the queue in general.

We would like to remind you that you aren't obligated to help out with this matter.
If you have any ideas and would like to help us out then please contact me here on the forum or on discord.:)

My thoughts on the matter is that the queue has two problems... Queue Length and the number of games in the active queue.

Queue Length isn't really relevant to what you asked, but I'll mention it anyway... my best guess for when Imposter Pokemon, my next game in the queue, will be able to go up is either December, or early 2018. I don't see it happening before December. The queue is pretty slow.

Which I think leads into the second problem, which is relevant to what you asked. Too many active games. Naturally, to try and get through all the games that we have in the queue, you guys are trying to get as many games onto the field at a time... and unfortunately, this leads to players... yes, like myself, signing up for more games than they can handle.

You may have noticed that recently I pulled out of all games that I was involved in except one. The reason for this is... I was losing track of all three games I was in... the one on ZD was moving too fast, and I really wasn't able to track what was going on in TWR or ME Movies.

I signed up for the games because they sounded fun, and I also wanted to help out the hosts by participating. That was a mistake on my part, as it left me unable to fully participate... But if people don't sign up, then the games hit the 20 day limit and get cancelled. Which is not fair to the hosts of the games that get cancelled.

I have suggested this before but I will suggest it again... I think all mafia games... big and small... should be in a single queue. And I think we should severely limit the number of games from this queue that are active. I really do think just one game from this queue should be active at a time... Maybe two at the most.

The special games queue should have an effect on the main mafia queue too. I'm not exactly sure how but I'd hate to see special games suffer because of too many normal mafia games active.

Unfortunately, this suggestion does have the sideeffect of slowing down the games queue... Imposter Pokemon would probably go back to July next year because of that... but this might be left healthier for the active games overall.

Just my two cents.

Everyone has their mafia games ideas, but at this rate no one gets their games played so I suggest this
Limit the amount of games in the queue by any host to 4, regardless of large, small, mentor, special event, or non mafia. So that means zexy only gets 4 games in the queue, I only get 4, you get the idea
Also make a cooldown timer to prevent abusing the system above
So say all about ME 2 gets signups filled, then ME would have to wait anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks before he can add a new game to the queue depending on how many he has in there already

We've made list of new rules for TWR queue. Changes are still possible, but this is what we got so far:

- 3 queues (small, large and non)
- each queue can have 1 game in signups
- Large games get a minimum of 30 days sign up, small and non-mafia get 20 days minimum. It may have an extended sign up time if there is not yet an ongoing slot available
- If the day limit is reached without filling up, the host can cut roles, place it in the queue again at the bottom or remove it completely
- there can only be 2 ongoing games at a time for mafia (size doesn't matter) and 2 for non-mafia
- the small large split is at 13/13+
- the games for the special queue will we discussed on a case-to-case basis by TWR mods for permission
- special games will have to give a sign up open date since a start date wont be possible with the limit
- once a special game is filled, it will take the next empty slot in ongoing of their respective size
- mentor games are still allowed and encouraged, they will be part of the respective normal queue and will have a [MENTOR] tag
- each host can have 1 game in each queue at a time, a new one may be added when the previous games moves to sign ups
- hosts must prove their game is complete before adding it to the queue

Last edited:
What that include all role PMs having to be completed also? Or would it just be the set up being confirmed?
I think we're still debating that particular issue.
Ideally, complete would mean role PMs written out, but it is also understandable that expecting a host to have everything completely done when signing up for a queue which will likely take a while before their game is ready for signups is a bit much.

- Large games get a minimum of 30 days sign up, small and non-mafia get 20 days minimum. It may have an extended sign up time if there is not yet an ongoing slot available
- If the day limit is reached without filling up, the host can cut roles, place it in the queue again at the bottom or remove it completely
So the minimum should be maximum unless there are ongoing games that block it from starting, correct?

So the minimum should be maximum unless there are ongoing games that block it from starting, correct?
Correct.

If a spot is open in ongoing games. The signup gets the standard amount of time (20/30 days).
If there is no room i the ongoing games, the sign ups have to wait a bit longer. Once the ongoing spot opens is has to start asap (if the 20/30 days have passed)

New Queue Rules
Attention to all members of TWR!

As you might have known already, there will be some new rules in play for the queues.
Allow me to introduce them to you.
  • First of all, we will now only have 3 active queues. Small Mafia Games, Large Mafia Games and Non-Mafia Games.
  • The Mentor Games are still a thing. However, these games will now be part of their respective Large or Small queue. Instead they will get a [MENTOR] tag behind the game in the queue list.
  • The Small Mafia queue is for games up to 13 players, while the Large Mafia queue is for 14+ players.
  • There can be up to 2 mafia games ongoing at any given time. This can be one Small and one Large game or 2 of the same size. The same goes for Non-Mafia games, up to 2 games may be ongoing at any given time.
  • Each queue can only have up to 1 game in sign-ups at any given time.
  • The normal sign-up duration for Small and Non-Mafia are 20 days. The normal duration for Large is 30 days. If there is no slot in ongoing games available yet, the games in sign up get extra time until a spot opens up.
    If a game does not fill up in time then the host(s) and the mod shall discuss what happens to the game.
  • When a slot opens in ongoing games, the first game that entered sign-ups and is also ready to may move to ongoing and start the game.
  • We still have a Special Games queue, but it has a few changes.
    • When someone requests to put a game in the Special Games queue it will first be discussed by TWR staff if it is allowed to enter that queue.
    • A special game will count towards the sign-ups limit. Because of this, the host must give a desired date to start the sign-ups. We will then add the game to the sign-ups when a spot opens up roughly around that date.
    • Once a special game is ready, it will take the next spot available in Ongoing Games.
  • Each host can only have 1 game in each queue. Cohosting won’t be discouraged, if at least one of the hosts doesn’t have another game in the queue then the game may be added. Special Games do not count toward the hosting limit.
  • In order to make sure that the queue runs as smoothly as possible, for the benefit of both the players and the hosts, we are requesting the following:
    • To enter the queue the game setup must be ready. This means that all roles and rules are made. The assigned MoD will check if the setup is complete and shall add it to the queue.
      • You are of course still allowed to make edits, or even change the complete setup at this point. The MoD just wants to see if you have something that is playable, in the case of the game being ready for signups.
    • To enter sign-ups all role PMs must be made and the game must be ready to start. Again, the assigned MoD will check this before your game moves to signups.

Due to changes in the Small and Large game size, the following games have been moved to Large:
- Hunter x Hunter: Battle In Yorknew City [15p] (Hosted by @jdthebud ) [locked in place]
- Digi-Mafia Adventure [15p] (Hosted by @Lone_Garurumon ) [Moderator On Duty: Lone_Garurumon] [locked in place]
- Kirby Reverse Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @returnofMCH and @Pikochu ) [locked in place]
- 90s Game Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @returnofMCH and @Rainbow Cloud )
- Star Trek Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @Zachie) [Moderator on Duty: SoaringDylan]
- The War Room Awards '17 Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @DarthWolf ) [Moderator on Duty: DarthWolf]

All the Mentor games have been moved to Small Mafia Games. These include:
- Mareep and Lycanroc Mafia [??p] (Hosted by @Midorikawa ) [locked in place]
- Roll Your Role Mafia [9p] (Hosted by @Elieson ) [locked in place]
- MCH's Simple Role PM Exercise [8p] (Hosted by @returnofMCH ) [locked in place]

These changes have no impact on the hosting limit so nothing needs to be removed.

To celebrate these new rules. We also have a shiny new thread!

If you have any questions regarding these changes, feel free to ask any of the TWR mods. :)

Correct, we forgot to add this, sorry!

Any user interaction type games or ??P games are exempt from the "setup/Role PM needs to be done" rules.
They go into whichever queue their size is, and have the same time for signups as a normal game would.
For player input games, after signups it would have +- a week to post the actual game, but this will depend on the game and the MoD of that game will decide when the progress would be taking too long.
For ??P it has to follow the 72-hours after signups game must start rule.

I'll be sure to add this into the OP of the new queue thread! :)

Happy new years fellow round tabelers! if this ain't a thing, it now is!

A while back now, we had a fun non-mafia game going on called Defeat the Boss. Hosted by our, then the time section head, Enzap who is now up high somewhere in the palace of adminness. A good few of you have asked "When is DtB returning?"

The answer, is Soon! With your help.

We're hereby drafting every one of you to help us think on a way to remaster DtB. We'd like to hear everyone who played in DtB what they thought of the game, and how they'd like to see it improved. We're also not shy to change a few core mechanics, since the last version was quite complicated. Oh, and even if you haven't played, feel free to join in our conversation on what you'd like to see in Defeat the Boss: Soaring Madness (placeholder name).

Last but not least, we're also looking for individuals crazy enough to actually host this game. If you feel like you're up for the job just say so and help us discuss the future of this game!

Last but not least, we're also looking for individuals crazy enough to actually host this game. If you feel like you're up for the job just say so and help us discuss the future of this game!

Some chatting I did with @SoaringDylan via Discord.

AussieEevee-Today at 6:43 AM
The only thing that worries me is how that's going to work. Your post doesn't say much TBF... and I'm definitely bringing the Power Ranger version of the game to TWR. I have a lot of it planned out in my head now

SoaringDylan-Today at 6:45 AM
it doesn't say much, as we're basically leaving this open to y'all.

We're basically planning on completely rewriting DtB

AussieEevee-Today at 6:46 AM
That's kinda what I need to know... more specifically, how does what you and the other mods are up to affect my version of the game. Does my version need to be a part of what you're working on? Or would it be a separate game unto itself? Am I talking too much? I need a drink

SoaringDylan-Today at 6:47 AM
I could use a drink as well while you're at it.

WE aren't really planning on doing much, tbf. We're leaving this up to y'all. Trying to start some discussion, then pick someone that can host it. Seems Darth wants to pick it up, but we'll have to see. I'd like to see a non-mod pick it up. SO... if you wanna be the one to reboot it, feel free. I don't mind your power rangers theme what so ever, it kinda depends on how much it influents the game, but perhaps you can make it a one off (or multiple) episodes that work off of a main frame that isn't necessarily power rangers? Up to you to decide.

AussieEevee-Today at 6:51 AM
Dunno... I'll get what I have in my mind written down. If Whos that pokemon doesn't fill, I'll replace it with this probably

Don't suppose you know if @DarthWolf is or ever was interested in the Rangers, do you?

SoaringDylan-Today at 6:57 AM
Afraid not, you can ask him though :p

AussieEevee-Today at 7:07 AM
Are you guys going to have a dedicated MoD for this format?

SoaringDylan-Today at 7:07 AM
as in for every round a dedicated one or every round a different one? We'll probably rotate hosts & MoDs that want to help out with the project.

But I'll be the main guy until things get started
and after that I'll probably still be the first MoD.

AussieEevee-Today at 7:09 AM
I meant would each host have a separate MoD or would one MoD cover all variants?

SoaringDylan-Today at 7:09 AM
The latter.
most likely (as in 99% sure) we'll just have 1 MoD that covers the game until they get sick of it, and then rotate in someone else.

AussieEevee-Today at 7:10 AM
That makes sense

How would host rotations work?

SoaringDylan-Today at 7:12 AM
depends on how many hosts are interested.

if we have like 1/2 they can fight it out with them selves.
If we have a ton, we can make it a mini queue

AussieEevee-Today at 7:14 AM
What I mean is how would you decide when one host is done and the next one starts?

SoaringDylan-Today at 7:15 AM
well, after each boss fight an episode ends right?
depending on how long they take we can rotate each episode, or after a few

AussieEevee-Today at 7:18 AM
Ending after each boss sounds a bit short IMO, because the whole point was that the heroes defeat a boss and level up, becoming stronger and the game starts to get harder as they defeat bosses

SoaringDylan-Today at 7:19 AM
It really just depends on how things go, and tbh, all this chatting should've gone into the round table But we can change it to however we want, we can also make it a campaign which spans a few bosses until you beat the final boss. But that's all for the future haha ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom