• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

This trailer was really good. I guess Pheromosa and Buzzwole aren't replaced. And adhesive's design is really nice. Finally travelling through ultra space to reach different lairs of UBs is an awesome addition.
Tbh, I don't know why people would think that Pheromosa and Buzzwole are being replaced to begin with. We know they'll keep add new UBs, because they're related to the story, UBs having their own home world better than just post-game fetch quest.

Tbh, I don't know why people would think that Pheromosa and Buzzwole are being replaced to begin with. We know they'll keep add new UBs, because they're related to the story, UBs having their own home world better than just post-game fetch quest.
Yeah and it appears they have models this time around which is better than just running around hoping for a wild encounter.

they are not villains-

We don't know that yet. Remember when Aether was advertised as the "good guys" that saved the ~poor defenseless pokemon~ from Team Skull and not the actual threat?

I feel like they're going to do that again. Especially since the Japanese trailer takes care in hinting that Lusamine took a chill pill and her kids actually sorta kinda love her.

Are people done moaning about how it's Sun/Moon all over again now? Lol, that trailer proves everything.

I'm so so hyped.
And USUM wouldn't turn out to be good, yeah right,and people just wanted DP remake, we know how that goes, when they expecting something, but it turns out not to be expected. Also I'm hyped for USUM myself, I just hope they have a better post-game content compare to Emerald/Platinum.

amazing!

New UB almost looks like a usual Pokemon / mythical. Pretty easy to get used to as a Pokemon, which is nice to have in the Ultra group.

Very interesting reason for Ultra Team's skin and sun slit glasses. Love it.

My trust in the only two reasonable leaks has begun to wane significantly. I would think we'd have seen some hint of "Rainbow" by now if that were a thing. I mean sure, anything is a trailer away from confirmation, and I do think we still have one or two big ones left, but I don't really see where that can all fit in with everything else that USUM have going on. Plus, my suspicion that Hau has already taken on his island trial because of the "year later" claim seems squashed by the fact that he's still traveling alongside us. And it's not as if anything else in those two leaks is a hard guess.

I just realized that the 12 Trials leak is now fake, they mentioned that there is Totem Salazzle in the leak even though we now know that it's a totem Alolan Marowak. That leak should go in the fake 4chan leaks since it got some of the trials wrong. It also mentioned the Ultra forms of Solgaleo and Lunala which we know are Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma.

The maria leaks mention a new Fire UB and a Poison one. Perhaps this is loosely what they are referring to in regards to Burst and Adhesive ?

@CharizardMen99

View: https://shyana97.tumblr.com/post/166057067719/if-my-mother-disappears

It's up for debate, but considering the exclamation point and the long ellipsis, it does sound like he's actually worried instead of indifferent.

Somebody also pointed out in this thread that two trailers ago Lillie's dialog about wanting to save her mother was taken out in one of the copy and pasted cut scenes. Possibly because she doesn't need saving from herself anymore.

There's also Lusamine calling someone or something a "monster". I doubt she'd call somebody out like that if she was still crazy. Even if she was acting.

So with the new ad showing that the UB's all have their own dimension, I have to wonder why each of these entire worlds only has...what looks like one pokemon in each of them.

Why would the main universe have hundreds of creatures when all others appear to have only one?

Unless, perhaps, ours only has one type of UB as well: Mew.

The main series universe HAD only one UB (UB 00 Genesis) that evolved over time to make all the other pokemon. Legendaries that appear to have existed without the help of Mew are just surrounded in myths. Kyogre came from the ocean? WRONG. Mew evolved into it, and people just mythologized its origins.

The main series universe is the Ultra Space for Mew and because Mews evolved into every other species in that Ultra Space, it only appears that there are more than one species in that universe.

All the other spaces just have single evolution creatures that never diverged into other creatures.

So with the new ad showing that the UB's all have their own dimension, I have to wonder why each of these entire worlds only has...what looks like one pokemon in each of them.

Why would the main universe have hundreds of creatures when all others appear to have only one?
I have a feeling that Ultra Space is actually an amalgamation of all of the worlds Necrozma has taken "light" from. In fact, what if the "light" that Necrozma takes isn't just literal light, but also the metaphysical energies/essence of those worlds as well to the point where they all have to mesh together just to keep on existing? If that's the case, then maybe the unifying characteristic of all Ultra Beasts is that they evolved the instinctual desire to restore the light of their individual worlds.

Let's talk about UB-Absorbtion. According to leaks, there is only room for two Ultra Beasts between Cosmog and Marshadow, UB-Burst and UB-Assembly.

This means there are two possibilities. For one, I thought that maybe it would go after the Dex and be the Mythical of the 21st movie (cause it looks like a Mythical too) but as people pointed out, it is seen in game pretty early on so it is unlikely.

This means that, as other people pointed out, it is a normal non legendary UB which means it doesn't need an Ultra Space section which means there could be a whole lot of new non legendary UBs.

Also people are speculating we will get something do do with fossils is coro coro. Maybe UB fossil mons?

I think you mean UB Adhesive. Anyway I'm not so sure it'll be a non legend UB. It's different for sure and certainly is shown to be owned by the Ultra Recon Squad, but I'm not sure they'll go as far as to make new non legend Pokemon for this game.As cool as it would be for them to go further into the idea that UBs could be essentially regular Pokemon with evolutions too and such I just can't see it.

Stiiiiill not thrilled about these games, personally- they're looking a little more interesting story-wise, but considering that I hated the Ultra concept when it was released with Sun and Moon and these two games are entirely dedicated to it...? Not my thing.

Hoping for some more regional variants, but not holding my breath. XD

Back
Top Bottom