• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM044: Satoshi and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!

Will we get complaints, will we get praise?

Nobody knows.

Surprisingly quiet for a forum relating to the first episode of a major arc. Judging by the pictures I saw on Filb.de, it looks like Lillie has some "mom issues" when she reunites with Lusamine.

Lillie's annoyed that Lusamine evolved Clefairy into Clefable.

Episode seems incomplete with no clear conclusion, it should be a two-parter.
That is what, we're going to see how Nebby accidental teleport everyone to somewhere possibility of Ultra Space. Also, the possible of revealing that Bewear are Lusamine one. Which I had been telling everyone all about.

So much cool things to take away from this episode even if there wasn't subtitles.
The dream was actually pretty cool although I thought they would have spoken to Ash, the scene with all the Tapus was also pretty cool, sort of chilling because they realized danger.

It was also good that Tapu Koko led Ash to Nebby which solidifies Ash being chosen by him at least as a protector.

Lillie naming him was a plus and also seeing her try to be secondary caretaker to Ash. Hery dynamic with her mother was also interesting as we saw a more feisty side to her while Lusamine's indifference is also pretty hilarious. If she is hiding her crazy for now then that's cool but I feel that she would only change after we see Nihilego make an appearance.

Notable mentions to Gladion mentioning the UBs when Null sensed them as well, Kiawe's facial expressions always get me also.

Finally, while I got the gist of the convo in the last few scenes, I still want to see the subs so I can make any more assumptions.

All in all a very plot filled episode.

Lusamine's demeanor with her daughter is somehow more off-putting to me than her game counterpart, IDK why.
Nice mural of the UBs and Tapus (though a little out-of-date because of recent game events).
Overall, I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. I mean it is the beginning of a major arc and it could lead to much bigger things. But for some reason I'm having difficulty liking the episode. I mean I don't hate it, I just can't muster any strong emotions.
Though I did enjoy the scene with Nebby as the hot potato, particularly the part where Ash gave it to Kiawe and he was all "Peace out, sucker!"

So Ash gets to watch Nebby huh....

Congratulations Lycanroc, fans have a new Pokemon to tease Ash about losing

So Ash gets to watch Nebby huh....

Congratulations Lycanroc, fans have a new Pokemon to tease Ash about losing
To be fair, no one actually has expectations that Ash will catch/keep it. Everyone knows how it will end.

I was under the assumption that there would be two Nebby's but from the dream sequence it looked like both legends fused into one Nebby which has me confused now.

Mother Mao Confirmed. Also Satoshi handing Hoshigumo-chan to Kaki was priceless.

I really want to hate Hoshigumo-chan but I actually can't.

Does Kiawe's Turtonator appear in this episode? When I watched this episode, it doesn't appear at all while the page includes it.

Frankly, I'm hoping they don't do the whole "Lusamine goes batfuck insane and fuses with a jellyfish" thing here. I really enjoyed being caught off guard by Malva's anime exclusive heel-face turn during XYZ and I'd like a sort of encore instead of just copying the games.

Now, I guess something must be wrong with my memory because I do not remember Ash seeing or hearing about Solgaleo and Lunala before so that he could dream about them and refer to them by name. Like I honestly just do not remember that. Anyway, I did like that we got a bit of Gladion dealing with Type: Null's struggles again.

This episode had a lot of funny moments. Like Litten waking Ash and Pikachu with that mighty tail slapping. And Burnet and Munchlax goofing around on the TV. But the funniest part had to be when Ash ditched Nebby with Kiawe and Kiawe failed at calming Nebby. Like that was hilarious. :D

It was nice to finally see Lusamine and rest of her Aether crew, but I feel that their introduction was super rushed as hell. They were at the Alter of the Sun/Moon and then all of a sudden they're in Kukui's house and checking out Nebby talking about the Ultra Beasts. Honestly, upon reaching the end of this episode, I really feel like this could have been a two-parter; part one should have been getting introduced to Nebby while part two would have been meeting Lusamine and the Aether crew. Nebby didn't even show up until the halfway point of the episode, then the focus on it dropped once Lusamine showed up. It just seemed weird.

I also wasn't a fan of how Ash found Nebby instead of Lillie. This is her major story from the games and they started it off with Ash. They could have at least found it together if they weren't going to let Lillie handle it, imo.

Overall, I think this episode was okay, but could have been executed better. 7/10.

Now, I guess something must be wrong with my memory because I do not remember Ash seeing or hearing about Solgaleo and Lunala before so that he could dream about them and refer to them by name. Like I honestly just do not remember that. Anyway, I did like that we got a bit of Gladion dealing with Type: Null's struggles again.

This episode had a lot of funny moments. Like Litten waking Ash and Pikachu with that mighty tail slapping. And Burnet and Munchlax goofing around on the TV. But the funniest part had to be when Ash ditched Nebby with Kiawe and Kiawe failed at calming Nebby. Like that was hilarious. :D

It was nice to finally see Lusamine and rest of her Aether crew, but I feel that their introduction was super rushed as hell. They were at the Alter of the Sun/Moon and then all of a sudden they're in Kukui's house and checking out Nebby talking about the Ultra Beasts. Honestly, upon reaching the end of this episode, I really feel like this could have been a two-parter; part one should have been getting introduced to Nebby while part two would have been meeting Lusamine and the Aether crew. Nebby didn't even show up until the halfway point of the episode, then the focus on it dropped once Lusamine showed up. It just seemed weird.

I also wasn't a fan of how Ash found Nebby instead of Lillie. This is her major story from the games and they started it off with Ash. They could have at least found it together if they weren't going to let Lillie handle it, imo.

Overall, I think this episode was okay, but could have been executed better. 7/10.

My guess is that Ash read a sign in his dream.

Agree so much. I hate the Satoshi is the chosen one shtick at the best of times. It tastes pretty bitter that he is taking another character's (who hasn't had the most brilliant focus so far anyway) rightful spotlight.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom