• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

The Tapus and Ultra Beasts are about as Legendary as you can get without specifically being referred to as Legendary.

Island guardians aren't just something we have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 of; they're unique~ Even if a couple UBs aren't "Only One", there are other legendaries where more than one exist~ I didn't really know some people didn't consider them Legendary~

I wonder when they gonna reveal of how much the game takes, sun and moon are 3.2GB
i think ultra will be at least 3.6GB

Corocoro is starting to leak (check serebii)
They reveal new Z-moves for the two Necrozma forms based off Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam respectively and also confirm they learn a new move.
Rotom seems to be the key for the new Z-Powered moves? Not sure..

No Alolan Forms in sight yet.. Is the dream dead?

Dusk Mane's Z-Move is Sunshine Smasher
Dawn Wings' Z-Move is Moonlight Blaster.
Apparently both Solgaleo and Lunala can use them in their regular forms~
Says Dusk Mane also gets a move called Photon Geyser, which is LIT AF~ Dawn Wings better get a new move, too~
Both new forms have Prism Armor, not shocking~
And there's "Z Rotom Power" which lets you use Z-Moves more than once if you and Rotom have high Friendship, if I understand right~

I feel like new Alolan Forms could still come, it would be a waste for them to not introduce new ones~

Letting you use Z-Moves more than once in one battle.
Not needed in-game, but this'll be super fun, honestly.

Becoming more like you the more you use it
I hope its attitude is shaped by the answers we give it, and it doesn't just get some generic "I love my friends and Pokemon!" personality. RotomDex was made to be a little asshole.

Rotom will also help you to get items & powers using a feature called Rotopon which access items in a feautre [sic] listed as "Rotom Power" which do things such as boost experience.
Please, I hope this means O-Powers are back in some way.

I wonder if we'll get a trailer acknowledgement of the Z-Moves, since Corocoro hasn't listed their effects and one of the main draws of the Z-Moves are the animations. We did just get a couple really big trailers, but the game is just over a month away, meaning it's a good time for a bunch of bigger info dumps.

Also, the Rotom thing seems like something they'll want to promote in a trailer like they did with other features (Poke Pelago for SM, Photo Club more recently) so I think we'll definitely get something else this month.

Not needed in-game, but this'll be super fun, honestly.

I hope its attitude is shaped by the answers we give it, and it doesn't just get some generic "I love my friends and Pokemon!" personality. RotomDex was made to be a little asshole.

Please, I hope this means O-Powers are back in some way.
If they give us more optional dialogue that either helps create an empathetic rotom or that bolsters its troll like behaviour it will be great for replays how it turns out. Another thing mentioned that highly intrigues me is the optional quiz feature. Personally, I feel that this combined with the 4 Pokemon Hau in Paniola is gonna result in a less handholdy experience overall. I dunno, it just feels like with your starter going up against a wild Pokemon which means a less favorable AI, and with a quiz feature that will help new and younger players learn about stuff means that they can exclude a lot of the more tutorial style encounters and just push the player into the games. SM was already a challenging experience even with all that, so god knows they can up the ante if they feel like these games can target more the enthusiast market.

I wonder if we'll get a trailer acknowledgement of the Z-Moves, since Corocoro hasn't listed their effects and one of the main draws of the Z-Moves are the animations. We did just get a couple really big trailers, but the game is just over a month away, meaning it's a good time for a bunch of bigger info dumps.

Also, the Rotom thing seems like something they'll want to promote in a trailer like they did with other features (Poke Pelago for SM, Photo Club more recently) so I think we'll definitely get something else this month.

I'd say a trailer is pretty much guaranteed, since they've released one around when CoroCoro officially releases. The only question is when.

I'm guessing Friday or Saturday.

Huh, so it was Kommo-o in that scene after all. Nothing too big here, but those Z-Move animations are incredible.

So RotomDex is basically bringing O-Powers back~ And I see Dawn Wings Necrozma also gets Photon Geyser, looks cool~

Those Z-Moves are CRAZY, tho, LOOOOOL~ They literally drag you into a vortex to Ultra Space before blowing you away. Dusk Mane summersaults into the thing, OMG~

Anyone noticed that disguise didn’t activate when Dawn Wings Necrozma used its Z-Move on Mimikyu?

Their signature moves already one-shot Mimikyu, they bypass abilities~

Moongeist Beam inflicts damage, ignoring the target's Ability.

Damn, Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstorm look badass as hell. Wish the names were a bit shorter tho :p. So it seems Roto Loto is just O-Powers after all. The trailer also gives me the vibe that Rotom's Z-Power boost is pretty random, kind of like Refresh bonuses. If so, at least that would make using 2 Z-Moves a bit less overpowered.

From the official site:

"blah blah Necrozma can use the new Z-Moves"

and then

"It seems there is even greater power still lurking within Necrozma, as well. Just how much power lies hidden within it?"

Last edited:
I wonder if they gonna reveal necrozma light form before the release.. also the new trailer is really nice but we saw all of this in corocoro..

Yeah, from the looks of the trailer, it definitely seems like the second use of Z-moves feature is similar to affection. It will be a non-factor in PvP.

I wonder if they gonna reveal necrozma light form before the release.. also the new trailer is really nice but we saw all of this in corocoro..

True, but there are plenty of fans who don't frequent this site, so it's all new to them.

Maybe I'm a fool to do so, but I suspect that a larger trailer will come later this month and will be fairly heavy.

As for this one:

The Z-Move animations look cool enough to maybe use once just for the novelty. The fact that S/L/N drags the opponent into the Ultra Wormohle sort of makes me a little more confident in my loose theory that Cosmog don't have their own Ultra Space, but rather are formed out of the errant dust and debris in the Ultra Wormhole which would be their natural habitat. That could potentially explain their differences from the mainline Ultra Beasts. But I digress.

Roto Loto looks... like a really clunky way to handle O-Powers. I mean, I'm thrilled to have them back, and I'm not really one to look at USUM's stuff and say "Why wasn't this in SM?", but... O-Powers should have never left. And the power (or rather, the energy for the power) you get is decided at random? Huh??? :confused:

Last edited:
"It seems there is even greater power still lurking within Necrozma, as well. Just how much power lies hidden within it?"

It already has two new forms and a new exclusive move and two new Z-Moves, does this thing need even more, enough is enough omg D: Focus your attention on other mons please GF, instead of a something that I'm never even gonna use :cry:

Rotom Powers looks nice and easier to get and use than O-Powers so that's definitely a bonus. I also really like that you can sort of communicate with it. Getting to it know better might make me dislike the thing less :p

As someone else said before, it seems Rotom's Z-Power is something that activates randomly so that at least make it less OP. Still not sure why it's needed in the first place but it still seems it can't be used during competitive battles so I don't mind then.

The only thing I have to say about the new Z-Moves is that I still hope we'll ever get a way to disable Z-Move animations seperately from regular move animations ^^; They look pretty I guess, but only once. After that I just want to keep on battling without looking at a 30 second animation first :/

As convenient as Roto Loto seems for breeding and grinding, I'd rather have DexNav again. But hey, at least Rotom Dex is actually useful outside the plot and dex. :p

Maybe I'm a fool to do so, but I suspect that a larger trailer will come later this month and will be fairly heavy.
I wonder if they gonna reveal necrozma light form before the release..
We have a month, that's plenty of time for one last trailer.

Back
Top Bottom