• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM045: Hoshigumo Panic! A Sudden Teleport!!

This episode was pretty good. The shenanigans done with Nebby were amusing throughout the episode. (I'm curious about why they censored Lillie's face though)

Seeing Oranguru was nice, albeit short-lived.

Team Rocket were also fun in the episode too, I just wish they did more in it.

8.3/10

(Can we talk about how close Mimikyu was to mauling Pikachu?

This is a really funny episode! When is the last time did we get a fully episode where you would be laughing throughout the episode? Kudos to those who are missing out this funny episode and seeing Nebby teleporting everyone to random places. I like how in the end Ash has to remind his friends to be quiet while Nebby is sleeping and when it wakes up, it teleports everyone to the top of the school building. XD Hopefully Ash remembers that when facing Team Rocket he shuld either give it to one of his friends to protect it or hold it himself and never on the ground now that they know that Cosmog exists. The scene after the Pokeproblem at the end was also really funny!

Again, a pretty solid episode even it was one for the lulz. Quite a decent amount of nice, funny or sweet things happened:-
1. Litten and Lycanroc's rivalry is leading me to think he's evolving next to try and keep up.
2. Lillie's face to shock them all! I want to see it!
3. Nebby proving he's mostly an asshole again, totally fked with most of them.
4. Team Rocket being smart? I am shocked but Mimikyu will be raging from Jessie returning him right before bitch slapping Pikachu.
5. It's cool how we say everywhere they all went even if Ash was the one who went all the places.
6. It was pretty cute when Nebby got left by team Rocket and got sad and looked for Ash to be safe again.

There's more but I'd like to see the subs to learn more. Special mention to Mallow and Lillie for being pretty kawaii at times in this episode. Also did James really think Nebby was a pre-evolved form of Koffing? LOL

Oh boy, they used Lillie's theme from the games! What a beautifull arrangement.

After this episode, I'll have to take back what I've been saying about Lillie still having chances to take care of Nebby. It totally seems like that role will go almost entirely to Ash now. Still, I'm not that bothered by it. One problem the Sun & Moon games' story has is that the protagonist feels unnecessary at times, since pretty much all they do is battling for the sake of other characters' progression. If Lillie still gets all the character development and spotlight in relation to Aether and Lusamine she's got in the games, then I'm fine with Ash keeping Nebby and thus not going the same route as the SM protagonist.

I'm curious about Jigglypuff, I didn't understand what they said, but seems like they already know she followed them to Alola and now she's got her own studio at the Pokémon School or something?

Also, I'm glad they aknowledged what happened with Matori there. So... does she know they have a part-time job now or what? Seems like the trio is slowly returning to be on the verge of being fired like in pre-BW era. Ouch... By the way, seems like the Mimikyu battle is a reference to the duel between Sasaki Kojiro and Miyamoto Musashi. Amazing.

This episode had some really nice moments. Nebby's crawling is adorable. Idk what's up with Litten and why he seems to be trying to compete with Lycanroc. First the speed eating, then the massive scream, and then...whatever they were doing at the house. It was just kind of weird to see. Anyway, my hatred for Rowlet increased a bit more. That dumb bird had no reason to be so rude and just ignore Nebby like that when he wasn't even bothering him.

The clay sculptures activity was cute, but honestly the entire time it was going on, I was just scratching my head wondering why it was happening. I mean, surely Kukui has some more interesting lessons...? I'm also really curious as to what face Lillie made to calm Nebby.

Overall this episode was pretty dull. Honestly I'm a bit upset that we had that massively rushed and crammed episode last week when this one felt so empty. They could have easily made last episode focused only on meeting the Aether crew while this one was finding Nebby and dealing with his teleport shenanigans. That would have been much better, imo. I'll give this episode a 5/10.

I LOVED the Rocket trio's plan in this episode. It was so simple yet well-thought out plus it drew heavily from Musashi's namesake, though I'm curious why she didn't let Mimikyu beat the shit out of Pikachu. Even if they weren't planning on capturing it, why not knock it out so it can't hurt them?

This episode had some really nice moments. Nebby's crawling is adorable. Idk what's up with Litten and why he seems to be trying to compete with Lycanroc. First the speed eating, then the massive scream, and then...whatever they were doing at the house. It was just kind of weird to see. Anyway, my hatred for Rowlet increased a bit more. That dumb bird had no reason to be so rude and just ignore Nebby like that when he wasn't even bothering him.

The clay sculptures activity was cute, but honestly the entire time it was going on, I was just scratching my head wondering why it was happening. I mean, surely Kukui has some more interesting lessons...? I'm also really curious as to what face Lillie made to calm Nebby.

Overall this episode was pretty dull. Honestly I'm a bit upset that we had that massively rushed and crammed episode last week when this one felt so empty. They could have easily made last episode focused only on meeting the Aether crew while this one was finding Nebby and dealing with his teleport shenanigans. That would have been much better, imo. I'll give this episode a 5/10.

I have no idea why this episode felt dull to you, but it was an ok episode to me, and everyone says something else while giving some good impressions. Maybe you don't like these kinds of filler episodes that have a weak plot and ended up being boring and dull. It's your opinion and you have a right not to like it. Don't let your guard down, and give a good impression for the next episode better.

What is so clever about TR's plan? Seems pretty stupid to me. Pikachu would simply shock them like he always do. They didn't even do anything to capture Hoshigumo or stop Pikachu. Not to mention it's just another excuse to bait-and-switch viewers to think its the Mimikyu vs Pikachu battle we were waiting for.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom