• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Maybe I'm a fool to do so, but I suspect that a larger trailer will come later this month and will be fairly heavy.

Same, i think the big trailer will be in the end of the month.

First off, Necrozma's new signature move is pretty interesting, and the fact that the new Z-Moves can apparently be used by both Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala without being one of the standard ones is really intriguing. However, I would have rather had Photon Geyser be Necrozma's Z-Move with either Solgaleo or Lunala's signature more while keeping Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom exclusive to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively. I really wish there was some reason Necrozma won't outclass Solgaleo and Lunala at this point, just to break the tradition of the third legendary always being stronger. I hope Necrozma has the same BST as Solgaleo/Lunala for that reason.

As for Rotom, I'm just glad we get O-Powers back in some form, and the second Z-Move being random kind of balances out Rotom's Z-Power boost somewhat.

As someone else said before, it seems Rotom's Z-Power is something that activates randomly so that at least make it less OP. Still not sure why it's needed in the first place but it still seems it can't be used during competitive battles so I don't mind then.

Maybe it'll activate in the Battle Tree and the Battle Royal Dome? They're still in-game locations, and it might be easier to farm for BP that way.

Oooh, these new Dex Rotom functions are really cool! Was really feeling like there was something missing for Rotom, he was really useless on Sun and Moon, outside of being a map.

Also, two new Z-Moves for Pokémon I won't be allowed to use on Battle Facilities nor competitions, hoopity-freaking-doo.

Maybe it'll activate in the Battle Tree and the Battle Royal Dome? They're still in-game locations, and it might be easier to farm for BP that way.
Refresh don't activate in there, so there is no reason why that would activate. Plus, GameFreak doesn't care about being easy or not to farm BP, they will make the standard. Also, don't forget, then the AI would probally be able to use 2 Z-Moves, imagine a Z-Sunny Day followed by a Z-Fire Blast?
Maybe I forgot the name for the damaging Z-Move for fire types, don't judge me.

Overview time.
> The Mascots new Z moves not only look awesome but have a built in Mold Breaker.
> Necrozma and its forms both get a a new move Photon Geyser which is interesting to say the least.
> Rotom gets O Powers.
Breaking character here for a bit to say thank God because the catch rate on some of the Mons was asinine ( shout out to Beldum for being impossible)
> The website hints that Necrozma has more power that's yet to be untapped.
Now I'll give the mic to Necrozma for his take on these latest developments.
Necrozma - Bahahahahahahaa! You fools called me a discount Kyurem, but those apparitions weren't even my true form!!
Very soon you will Rue the day you ever mocked me foolish Mortals!
Well he was certainly jubilant wasn't he?
Until next time this is your boy Des signing out!

You mean how it went from “... yeah okay but what are they?” to “Some stuff looks cool but why weren’t they on sale last year?”?
I think he means how it went from " GF, you bastsrds, how dare you not give us what we thought was going to happen " - There's nothing new "- okay that looks kind of promising but it's not enough - wow that's actually a pretty good trailer- Yooo! This might actually be different than the original that we thought- Now I want this! Why didn't they show this six months ago?
Watching the cycle of a Pokemon game is always the best part of being a fan.

I think he means how it went from " GF, you bastsrds, how dare you not give us what we thought was going to happen " - There's nothing new "- okay that looks kind of promising but it's not enough - wow that's actually a pretty good trailer- Yooo! This might actually be different than the original that we thought- Now I want this! Why didn't they show this six months ago?
Watching the cycle of a Pokemon game is always the best part of being a fan.
yep, I believe this is what he meant

Nothing has changed for me. The games seem to be meeting my expectations and that really isn't saying much. I couldn't care less about the new UBs, which are the only surprise so far.

If the big annoumcements yet to come are Necrozma's final form (has it not eclipsed its brethren enough?) and a gym simulator, color me underwhelmed.

Nothing has changed for me. The games seem to be meeting my expectations and that really isn't saying much. I couldn't care less about the new UBs, which are the only surprise so far.

If the big annoumcements yet to come are Necrozma's final form (has it not eclipsed its brethren enough?) and a gym simulator, color me underwhelmed.
Who's to say the secret isn't that Necrozma's new forms fainting results in powering us Solgaleo/Lunala even further?

I think the quote regarding Necrozma's hidden power has something to do with this:
In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring!"
"Lycanium Z's shape is different from that of regular Z-Crystals."

Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Solganium_Z.png Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Lunalium_Z.png Lycanium_Z_artwork.png

Pretty much.

You mean how it went from “... yeah okay but what are they?” to “Some stuff looks cool but why weren’t they on sale last year?”?

But this is also very true.

Alolan variants can get stuffed for all I care given what they've done with it so far. Favoritism (with a few surprises) and unfair distribution it was for Megas but at least they spanned across the previous gens.

team skull is back+ new secret art
DMBDg6sWsAAATnT.png:large
(i don't know how to make is as a spoiler..)

Last edited by a moderator:
team skull is back+ new secret art
DMBDg6sWsAAATnT.png:large
(i don't know how to make is as a spoiler..)

Select the image > click on the + in the tool bar thing above the reply box > select "spoiler" > you now have a pretty spoiler tag :D

OR put [ spoiler ] in front of the image and [ /spoiler ] at the end (without the spaces).

Select the image > click on the + in the tool bar thing above the reply box > select "spoiler" > you now have a pretty spoiler tag :D

OR put [ spoiler ] in front of the image and [ /spoiler ] at the end (without the spaces).
ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom