• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ocarina of Time Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, Zexy! Why do you have to keep making so much sense?!
I have checked with a host before saying this, and he told me this doesn't count as a claim so...

I believe the hostile ITP in this game to be a cult leader.

@Maniacal Engineer
you and are I are on *exactly* the same page, my friend.

I can certainly see Darth's claim being dangerous to the Town, especially if it's a fake. But I also think that people are being a bit rash saying in saying things like "he has to go NOW". Of course, the lack of evidence goes both ways, but most of this has been coming from Bulba people so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm also slightly suspicious of Zachie and am inclined to take a closer look at him D2.

ME and AE's supposed shared information intrigues me. Also, there's something I wanna get in before EoD. I would advise against the Cop visiting me; it won't help.
I'm a little interested in how AE knows what I know, as well. For now, though, we have a common enemy, and that is good enough for me.

I can certainly see Darth's claim being dangerous to the Town, especially if it's a fake. But I also think that people are being a bit rash saying in saying things like "he has to go NOW". Of course, the lack of evidence goes both ways, but most of this has been coming from Bulba people so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm also slightly suspicious of Zachie and am inclined to take a closer look at him D2.
There's much more to it than the Bulba people saying that Darth needs to be lynched because he claimed Independent. Two sources have confirmed the presence of a Cult in this game. With Darth as a claimed Independent, we lose a non-hostile wildcard at worst and a hostile converting faction at best.
There is no way Town loses here.

All right reads list incoming~

Town:

ME- If you’re scum you have the strangest play style I’ve ever seen, they say it’s a possibility but for now I believe you.

Zexy- I like your reads, you answer my questions well, there’s something strange that I just can’t put my finger on though. Still, you feel towny.

Aussie- I don’t like the flip flopping and the voting for someone you’re apparently not suspicious of, all the same I have a gut town read on you.

There’s something strange in the line of thought that AE and ME were both aware of a cult leader, makes me pretty positive at least one of them is town though.

Kuro (drift)- I know he only made one post but I’m so used to him being town it’s practically force of habit. Would like to see more from him of course.

Null:

Midori- I want thoughtsss, @Midorikawa

All Might- Mr. Super Hero would you mind telling me what you think of everyone so far?

Everyone who hasn’t posted is null (obviously)

Zachie- need moar, a real list by eod would be nice.

Deku- I’m inclined to scum read whoever town reads me first and that happens to be you, I know it’s a stupid reason but it literally happens every time I’m town. Other than that you’re pretty all right so far.

Fawful- So far you’ve really been going with the flow, being a sheep in general and voting where the people vote, I want to see thoughts of your own and soon.

I don’t remember anything the two pikachus posted so I’ll see about them later.

Scum:

Garu- I don’t like the few posts you’ve made, the problem is they're so completely different from what I expect that I have a hard time believing your town game and scum game are so obviously different, need to see MOAR

Darth- is very obviously not town

I'm thinking DarthWolf might be Jester. They've clearly done a good job of getting all the votes so far. I'd be cautious, but I think it's too late anyway to save DarthWolf, so I might as well

Vote: DarthWolf

Either scum or Jester I think. Let's hope you're scum

The point is that it actually does reveal something interesting about the setup, at least in this particular instance.
Yes, I suppose the old wincon being "null and void" does mean that it's not important as a goal anymore, but as a source of information, it is definitely interesting.

That said, if there are more people who were sloppy didn't go back to reread their old wincons, I might be inclined to cut LG some slack here...
Ever think maybe people aren’t admitting to not reading for fear of the lynch happy town?
This is so wasteful, you don’t think that after doing that he’s going to attract all the night actions? Lynching claimed third party is just no, I say let him be shot, or investigated, or something that makes more sense.

There is literally no information to be gained from his lynch (unless he flips mafia which is yeah right) I would much rather lynch anybody else.

The only problem is no more claims, that does make me a bit nervous but I don’t see any other choice.
Vig is better off saving their shot for someone else. It can be used to test BP and stuff. So yeah no point in it currently. Let Darth be a lynch so that we don’t accidentally lynch cop or something else like that. It also means no mislynch, and a chance for us to get night information.
Agreed so much, but Darth may be better than Zachie too.

Superhero Bonanza, it really was a tunnel on each other as we were the only scum suspects and she was the scum.
Are you sure it was then and not when I was doctor in the game :p
I am not as forgiving as Elieson.
Forgiving? Please. Elieson loves indep a And is the best ally for them. He gains power every time one wins.
Darthwolf, Mido, Elieson, Maniacal Engineer and Zexy (just off the top of my head. There are more) are the ones to watch for if scum or anti-town itp.
Elie and ME are the only good scum players there. I die first two phases, Zexy doesn’t slip by me, and I’ve seen Darth get caught.
Dammit, Zexy! Why do you have to keep making so much sense?!

you and are I are on *exactly* the same page, my friend.
He’s scum that means. It’s just like Artemis again.

Not rash. Experience. Also why Zachie?

Now then someone asked how LG seemed genuine. Because like him I get annoyed when I’m on the chopping block for reasons I find inadequate. True he could be lying, but it seems more like a simple mistake. Especially since I do the same. I didn’t read my wincon. I checked my role and alignment. That’s it. So if I was getting voted majorly for a simple mistake I would be annoyed like him.

Darth is untrustworthy as indep so I’m in full support of lunching him. I do agree that e should not be our full attention.

VOTE: Pika pika

I don’t like that twice he avoided my question. TWICE!

There is no reason to avoid a question, especially one that isn’t even alignment indicative or incriminating.

@YIGAhim if he’s a jester why bother voting him. I’m for lynching an antitown indep but why lynch one that is pretty harmless. And this is ignoring the fact that it’s darth. And why do you think he could be mafia?

I'm thinking DarthWolf might be Jester. They've clearly done a good job of getting all the votes so far. I'd be cautious, but I think it's too late anyway to save DarthWolf, so I might as well

As long as he's not game-ending Jester I still wouldn't mind. Yet I doubt he's scum tbh, that would be an unnecessarily risky move and scum!Darth never pulled this stuff off.
I'm pretty suspicious of funnier tbh. In his reads list he admits Darth is definitely not town, yet he insisted on not "wasting a lynch" on him. I don't like it.
He means it as in if he's Survivor the lynch is a waste because it's not potentially getting scum, kinda like a No Lynch. Not that I agree, alive Darth VS dead Darth is a huge difference. Yet in any case, the only chance for funnier to be scummy because of this is funnier-Darth scumteam which is a big stretch, scum!Darth alone is somewhat unlikely already imo.

I'm pretty suspicious of funnier tbh. In his reads list he admits Darth is definitely not town, yet he insisted on not "wasting a lynch" on him. I don't like it.

Did you not notice I believe he could be a relatively not threatening third party? I’m less inclined to believe so now but that is really reaching if you’ve seen my reasons.

@YIGAhim if he’s a jester why bother voting him. I’m for lynching an antitown indep but why lynch one that is pretty harmless. And this is ignoring the fact that it’s darth. And why do you think he could be mafia?
^^^^
C3B4o1i.jpg
if you think he's a jester and are worried about voting him, even if he can't be saved, why add your vote and make the lynch that much more certain?
and do you mean scum as in anti-town or as in mafia?

My vote's already on Darth from the random stage, but now it's staying there as a legit lynch. Even if he's not the Cult Leader both me and AE say he might be, he's still dangerous as an indep, no matter what kind he is.

Are you the kind of man who would put the poison in the cup in front of you or the cup in front of me?
Well, he defeated my giant, which mean he's exceptionally strong, so he could have put the poison in his own cup trusting in his strength to save him, so we clearly can't choose the wine in front of him. But he also bested my Spaniard, so he must have studied. And in studying he must have learned that man is mortal, so he would have put the poison as far from himself as possible, so we can clearly not choose the wine in front of us.

Welp, there goes my wincon...

I claimed for a few reasons:
1. It would show that I am no threat to anyone
2. To stay on good terms with Town by giving my vote, this is not useful when the day ends as that might be too late
3. I couldn't resist the urge to wait with the kingmaker return so I wanted to start the game with it.:D

@Maniacal Engineer do you vote me for the sole reason that I'm indep or do you think that I'm actually something like a SK?

While reading the posts so far, I saw the mention of indeps and was like "oh I can prove the existance of it'
Then hostiles were mentioned. I still went through with it as it would only look worse for me if I claimed at a later point. IMO survivor is like Miller, best to be claimed asap.

The wagon that started on Lone is interesting. I don't exactly know why the changed wincon was announced, but I have a good guess that it was the "opposing factions" part suggesting/basically confirming hostile indeps.
ME's action is a mix to me. It is a great argument that he gives which on Lone, but I don't like the fact that he based it on some host confirming info (just a personal thingy)
Scum Lone might not want to react on it as that could attract attention, but that might actually be his plan so he could look townier.

Just give me my waffles
Scum got their taste of me last time, if I always help scum its no fun. It's time to show that i am willing to help Town, but if none of you are willing to accept my assistance then at least see at how the game goes. If Town stays in clear majority I will have no impact on the end game. I won't even be able to harm you and I will also achieve my wincon.

Nah, this feels forced. It feels like you're being overly jokey to play the accusation down. You're trying to lighten up the mood and make it more cheerful so you look townier.

Given the role that I am aware of exists in the game, letting him make it to a night phase is not a particularly good idea.
DarthWolf has put me on high alert.
I agree with Maniacal Engineer and I suspect his role PM suggests something similar to mine... so...

Vote: Darthwolf

If you really are what I suspect you are, you need to go. Now.

Now, why do you two have this additional info? Does anyone else have a role they've been revealed? Can you explain why you two have this info? Is it character/flavour related?

If a confirmed cop says someone is mafia, you don't lynch them for information. You lynch them because they're a confirmed threat.
Darth is a confirmed threat. He confirmed not being town, and from what I've heard from both PMD and this game, a non-town Darth is not a good thing for the town to have around. Whether he's survivor, serial killer, or goon, he needs to go.

He's not a confirmed threat. If the Surivor claim is true, then it's less beneficial to get rid of them.

hi
looks like we've settled on an indep lynch already, thanks, Darth, I guess
if we're posting reads already, I'll give what I have:
Town: funnier, ME, Pika, Zexy
good content and thoughts, and a bit of a gut read for Pika and Zexy

LG is on the bottom side of null, the case against him makes sense but it could just be lazy/poor play by town

I'm fine with the Darth lynch, as has been said, it removes a wild card at worst

This feels like sheeping and as though you couldn't come up with any scumreads yourself. Also, Deku and Fawful's votes feel like the same thing. They all feel like they're trying to go with the crowd. It looks like they'll blame the creators of the wagon if the lynch is bad, but take their arguments if it's good.

I like Mido, who's looking for additional bandwagons and options. We'll have little scum reads off a Darth lynch, so I like how Mido's giving us more options for further in the game.

VOTE: Lord Fawful

Out of the three votes I mentioned, I think this was the least genuine. I've seen Drift do it before, and I'm not sure on Deku's and Fawful's playstyles. It felt too forced for me.

He's not a confirmed threat. If the Surivor claim is true, then it's less beneficial to get rid of them.
This is Darth we're talking about though. He's about as pragmatic as they come. He'll do what he needs to to win, and that's just dangerous to keep around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom