• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Due to the similarity of the eyes and the fact that the light thing is on the box art, I kinda doubt it is an UB. Well let's wait and see.

I’ve posted my reasoning on how the light thing is a UB here SPECULATION: - Mystery Pokemon Poll

And being on the boxart doesn’t prevent a Pokémon from being a UB. Solgaleo/Lunala are related to UB and Necrozma is a UB which stayed on earth for a prolonged time.

Junichi Masuda doesn't make official tweets if they have nothing to do with the games.
He does not tweet random merchandise.
That's how Junichi Masuda's twitter works. (not including fan art)

Moreover,
【图片】回复:究极日月将含有100+支线任务,大森曰买爆~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
The Riddler posted this picture from 4 chan, and the Riddler said the Rainbow Rocket is identical to what the "uncles" (leakers) have said.

It has to be real at this point.
Was not sure about Masuda. Okay yeah, Episode Rainbow Rocket with the Team Bosses will be so worth a purchase. So we purchase the games and get Ultra Beast Spaces, Legendary Pokemon that look to be in their original dungeons(see my post in the Trailer thread for why I consider this a sure thing), some sort of postgame content besides the unknown Post game scenario(again see the trailer thread), and all that on top of a new game scenario that is gonna have a fuckton of changes and a script almost twice as long as SM? Shooting for the Moon that is BW2 seems to be Gamefreaks mission, and I hope they reach mars. God-fucking-speed Gamefreak, cause you just might succeed. And I am so glad you are trying.

I’ve posted my reasoning on how the light thing is a UB here SPECULATION: - Mystery Pokemon Poll

And being on the boxart doesn’t prevent a Pokémon from being a UB. Solgaleo/Lunala are related to UB and Necrozma is a UB which stayed on earth for a prolonged time.
I never said that being an UB prevents it from being on the box, I meant that not being Necrozma would mean that there would be 2 different pokemon on the box art which is weird. Also it would break the mascot trio.

should we expect something today or no?
According to Joe's twitter, that interview claims that they will reveal other elements of the games before release, so I guess it's safe to say we will get at least 1 more trailer pre-launch (and it will focus on elements we haven't seen yet, so no more story or z moves, maybe mimikyu's, but not the main focus...what's left is battling elements and/or alolan forms if they exist..or online features)

Also, serebii's post says they confirmed that these games will be the last mainseries games for the 3DS, soo... we're going to switch for sure boys and girls.

Was not sure about Masuda. Okay yeah, Episode Rainbow Rocket with the Team Bosses will be so worth a purchase. So we purchase the games and get Ultra Beast Spaces, Legendary Pokemon that look to be in their original dungeons(see my post in the Trailer thread for why I consider this a sure thing), some sort of postgame content besides the unknown Post game scenario(again see the trailer thread), and all that on top of a new game scenario that is gonna have a fuckton of changes and a script almost twice as long as SM? Shooting for the Moon that is BW2 seems to be Gamefreaks mission, and I hope they reach mars. God-fucking-speed Gamefreak, cause you just might succeed. And I am so glad you are trying.
But to be honest, I'm really scared if the leak isn't true.
I think I'd stop making youtube videos if it turns out fake.

I'm really nervous.

We just got a new interview with Ohmori and Iwao which revealed a few more things, including about a post-game thing(in additon to a new story scenario) that "players can get stuck into" that they can't talk about now apparently.

That was insightful, but to be honest, I find it pretty discouraging that the best thing they can answer to "what would you say to players who might have dismissed USUM already?" is "Uhh...well if you don't play the games you won't get to find out Necrozma's secrets and solve the mystery of the wormholes!1111one" ....like...makes one believe that they really will not add alolan forms or things to surprise players who played SM (or even a battle facility)

But hey, according to serebii, these games will embody the culmination of everything they have achieved with the 3ds, being the last games and all, so uh....as usual, here's hoping.

I no longer care what leaks are true an what aren't, I just wanna know the games have more to show than story

Frankly, I never wanted Alola sequels, and I don't think it's necessarily a wise idea to just assume that sequels are always called for (paging Hollywood...) - I'm fine with the idea of an alternate timeline story, it's just that I'd have changed things up a lot more than they seem to have done. They could, in theory, do an alternate story that's as much of a departure from SM as B2W2 were from BW even without being a chronological sequel, but that's not quite what this is, unfortunately.

That was insightful, but to be honest, I find it pretty discouraging that the best thing they can answer to "what would you say to players who might have dismissed USUM already?" is "Uhh...well if you don't play the games you won't get to find out Necrozma's secrets and solve the mystery of the wormholes!1111one" ....like...makes one believe that they really will not add alolan forms or things to surprise players who played SM (or even a battle facility)

Sure, but also, they're clearly rolling out a canned PR answer that tries to beat around the bush and not reveal anything that they haven't already talked about.

Did they said something interesting in the interviews,or just that feature that can't be revealed for now?

ALSO,someone translated the screenshot that the riddler posted?

Did they said something interesting in the interviews,or just that feature that can't be revealed for now?

ALSO,someone translated the screenshot that the riddler posted?
Apparently, some video claimed that the interview had a section about how the building that looked like Surge’s Gym was still in Alola. To be more specific, the building is in Maile City, which is located on the island of Ula’Ula IIRC. This could mean that each Island has some sort of facility if what we have is indeed the Gymulator. Also, I’m pretty sure that it debunks a Kanto post-game.

Talking about kanto,if im right,someone on 4chan said that in one of the interviews ohmori or iwao said that the way the we are going to catch mewtwo will please the people that wanted kanto,so...

Cerulean cave???

Talking about kanto,if im right,someone on 4chan said that in one of the interviews ohmori or iwao said that the way the we are going to catch mewtwo will please the people that wanted kanto,so...

Cerulean cave???
Mewtwo is caught in the Ultra Wormholes, not Cerulean cave remake.

It's hard to say at this point I think the most likely thing we'll have is that each of the older legends will have some kind of themed min cave, but it won't be an entire dungeon. It'll likely be more like how Mewtwo was found in XY. A small cave that looks like any other cave. Nothing crazy. Which is unfortunate

I also think that legendaries from previous games in USUM won´t be in their original dungeons: it would be too much work, and all the time and work spent to design those dungeons would be better spent on other game features (like for example new battle facilities, new side activities, more Battle Tree NPCs, etc)

Spending all this time and effort to recreate their original caves doesnt really pay off when we will likely visit those locations only once, to catch the respective legendary, and that is it. I guess that is justified for new Pokemon like the UBs, but for legendaries from previous games? Sounds a bit unreasinable...

Last edited:
It’s be stated that you’ll catch the legendaries in the worm holes.

Right, but they prolly don't mean in the actual wormholes. The wormholes are just tunnels to get to the other dimensions. They prolly mean you'll take the Ultra Wormhole to get to the areas where the other legendary Pokemon are. It makes way more sense that way.

Although it makes no sense to catch an older pokemon except in the destination locations, I hope if Light-Necrozma exists, we can chase and catch it in the void between worlds.

Back
Top Bottom