• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

no offense but stop asking it, no one can tell when we will get the trailer and what is gonna be on it.

It's mainly for discussion. Arguably this is the most exciting time pokemon wise, its great seeing the connections between rumours and links going hand in hand. Since Gamefreak have dropped a number of hints along with the merch leaks, I feel its a general justification to want to know more. I meant no offence in my question.

It's mainly for discussion. Arguably this is the most exciting time pokemon wise, its great seeing the connections between rumours and links going hand in hand. Since Gamefreak have dropped a number of hints along with the merch leaks, I feel its a general justification to want to know more. I meant no offene in my question.
We have to get one this week if all this new found hype is to be belived.
Also nintendoeverything.com/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-mainly-a-project-for-game-freaks-younger-staff-more-veterans-for-pokemon-switch/

We have to get one this week if all this new found hype is to be belived.
Also nintendoeverything.com/ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-mainly-a-project-for-game-freaks-younger-staff-more-veterans-for-pokemon-switch/
Yeah I feel something SHOULD come this week (which I hope) just 4 weeks remaining enough to fit 2 more trailers especially if it debunk some leaks.

I want Inverse Battles to return too, but they’re a gimmick. A gimmick that in both of its appearances was restricted to one daily battle in a single designated area. They’re not going to be the basis of whatever the Festival Plaza has going on - the Plaza is all about interacting with other players globally over Wi-Fi; you’d better believe it’s going to focus on traditional battles (the core of the series) with some kind of external twist like renting.

If Inverse Battles were included in that at all, it would at most be as an option among the other battle styles.

Yeah. I even hope there will be inverse mode that inverse the type effectiveness in the entire game (except online), which very unlikely to happen.

It's mainly for discussion. Arguably this is the most exciting time pokemon wise, its great seeing the connections between rumours and links going hand in hand. Since Gamefreak have dropped a number of hints along with the merch leaks, I feel its a general justification to want to know more. I meant no offence in my question.
But you doing it in the wrong place, you might want to ask it here:
US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

On 4chan a riddle was posted. @lavandula can you confirm if its actually a riddle from the actual riddler? If it is well
G C#.The True Villain of USUM
As someone duly noted
It has to be N.G and C# are the chord progression of his theme. I have no fucking clue how that works out though, Villain N is too much for me to think about.Of course it could also be Getsis, as C sharp is also pronounced Cis. Getsis name in Japanse is actually G Cis, which is the riddle. Even THEN, Getsis being behind everything would be insane, cause that would likely mean Colress is involved in the plot on either side.

^ My immediate thought was Ghetsis, because yeah, that’s literally his name in Japanese... the N chord progression thing might be a little too obscure

That said, logically, “a universe in which Ghetsis succeeded” wouldn’t necessarily be a universe in which his second plan succeeded. Could have been the first plan, and N would still be his indoctrinated puppet and therefore, involved in some way. (Although I’m going to cry lots of sad tears if we don’t see Ghetsis in his glorious black robe with the psychotic eye motif.)

But like okay... somehow, someway, I can vaguely understand bringing Giovanni back to be the mastermind of all of this business, because he’s from Gen 1 (gets special treatment forever), and he’s not very characterized as it is so there’s room to work with, but having everything be hijacked by N or Ghetsis would just be downright bizarre. They already got tons of character work and plot focus in their own games. And, it’s just generally a more natural fit to give new spotlight to the original villain of the series, an easily-understood mafia don which most people will remember, rather than the grandiose man-behind-the-man who dresses like a castle and comes from that weird formula-shattering plot-dense worst-selling fifth installment.

Then again, I suppose multiversal domination is more in-line with Ghetsis’s desires than Giovanni’s (who basically just wants $$$$). Hmm... and then you’ve got Evil Drum Daddy and Momma Loves Tentacles... abusive parent dream team waiting to happen right there you know?

Last edited:
^ My first immediate thought was Ghetsis, because yeah, that’s literally his name in Japanese... the N chord progression thing might be a little too obscure

That said, logically, “a universe in which Ghetsis succeeded” wouldn’t necessarily be a universe in which his second plan succeeded. Could have been the first plan, and N would still be his indoctrinated puppet and therefore, involved in some way.

But like okay... somehow, someway, I can vaguely understand bringing Giovanni back to be the mastermind of all of this business, because he’s from Gen 1 (gets special treatment forever) and he’s not very characterized as it is so there’s room to work with, but having everything be hijacked by N or Ghetsis would just be downright bizarre. They already got tons of character work and plot focus in their own games. Also, can the fandom like, get over Colress already? It’s like nobody even paid attention to B2W2. He only joined Team Plasma for the resources, built Ghetsis a fancy cane, and admits in the end that he never even liked Ghetsis in the first place.
Even with what little character he has, Giovanni has a complete character arc. He fails and disappears. Canonically, they never found him in HGSS or the mega equivalent of HGSS because a year before the games he decided to just abandon any hopes of TR. Theoretically, a RR with mastermind Giovanni can make sense as he could be a faller from HGSS that forgot a bunch of stuff, and decided to go through with this plan. Ghetsis meanwhile is a drooling braindead husk of his former self, and I doubt they would use a successful version of him as the mastermind Unless!
Perhaps UB adhesive is like a good Nihilego? Uses its toxins to heal people or get them into a lucid state that awakens their mind? So ghetsis gets a good dose of UB Toxins, his brain is glued back together, and he sees the multiverse as an opportunity to get back at the world. Even THEN, I would prefer such a plot in a theoretical Gen 5 remake period, with him using the multiverse to gain access to a world with the Original Dragon.

I wonder what the riddle means. Ghetis def sounds like the most likely candidate, he would fit the bill as someone more cunning and evil than Giovanni in a sense.

I don't really believe in the authenticity of this riddle, since OP didn't give us a reason to believe they're genuine leakers. In fact, these little riddles have shown up a few times, from a lot of people who want to be the next Riddler. But for the sake of discussion, I'll pretend that it's real.

First off, I kind of like the idea of Ghetsis being a mastermind, even if it's an AU Ghetsis. Not just because I love him and Gen V, and not just because seeing him (or Dark N, somehow) in control would be an interesting story story. I just think it would be hilarious for Ghetsis to be in control for the third time. Like, he just keeps coming up with more and more bizarre plans in order to conquer and control, while his mental state just deteriorating due to whatever factors. It's both funny, and genuinely scary because you know how deranged his mind works.

Having him make another encore as a puppetmaster behind the scenes would just be predictable at this point, even if it makes sense for his character. But I can see him being control if this is a Ghetsis that didn't fall apart and managed to stay stable. Given his knack for manipulating people and creating a good image, and the fact that he was secretly leading both Plasma and Neo Plasma, he has the skills to lead a group. Heck, he already lead a color-based group with the Seven Sages. Plus Lusamine needs a new husband now that Beanman left her for beans, and he needs to impress her.

For Giovanni being the leader of Rainbow Rocket, I think it would be a good chance to also bring in Silver. Silver could challenge him, or try to talk him out of his actions.

EDIT: Rainbow Rocket, not Red Rocket, WHOOPS. That's something else entirely.

On 4chan a riddle was posted. @lavandula can you confirm if its actually a riddle from the actual riddler? If it is well
G C#.The True Villain of USUM
As someone duly noted
It has to be N.G and C# are the chord progression of his theme. I have no fucking clue how that works out though, Villain N is too much for me to think about.Of course it could also be Getsis, as C sharp is also pronounced Cis. Getsis name in Japanse is actually G Cis, which is the riddle. Even THEN, Getsis being behind everything would be insane, cause that would likely mean Colress is involved in the plot on either side.
I don't see a Chinese version anywhere.
I don't think he'd leak anything, to be honest.
But it still doesn't mean it's 100% fake yet.

Could you explain further?
Eveey time I explain users get upset. It's all there, however. The developers concept was figured out (alchemy, Azoth) and predictions are in line wigh the rumors now. Look back at thread 1 if you would like to jump down a rabbot hole.

Back
Top Bottom