• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Not sure if this was posted, it's another rainbow rocket leak using the stuff we have seen before.

/vp/ - Leaks for Ultra Sun/Moon - Pokémon - 4chan

Had this interesting passage I couldn't recall seeing before

" The same interview revealed that the Ultra Recon Squad will have a slightly different goal between the versions ala Magma/Aqua regarding Necrozma, one pair wants to stop it and defeat it, the other pair wants to control it. Which one is which, we don't know yet. "

Was the passage ever confirmed in any interview?

I'm aware of that. It had something to do with Team Magma/Aqua, if i recall correctly. But what has that to do with the recent USUM leaks?
Some people, most notably a certain Pokemon theory Youtuber, think that because project AZOTH is mentioned in Alchemy and that certain aspects of Pokemon are tied to alchemy such as Solgleo's inspiration and Type: Null being a chimera they are somehow tied together, also some people think that as the AOZTH is the universal cure its also connected to Flare trying the cure the world by killing everyone. Also they think that the Pokemon timeline will be reset, and that it will "all come together."

Some poketubers are really out there. GF would never do something as complex as the theories they come up with. Even this whole mess with Fallers and Ultra Wormholes has been pretty straightforward.
I also hope the leaks are fake. I don't really care about old villains. They had their chance, they blew it, IDK what else could be done with them.
About the riddler, if he wanted to leak he would've done it by now, but I doubt he will if someone caught him and he could get in some sort of trouble.

Last edited:
Some people, most notably a certain Pokemon theory Youtuber, think that because project AZOTH is mentioned in Alchemy and that certain aspects of Pokemon are tied to alchemy such as Solgleo's inspiration and Type: Null being a chimera they are somehow tied together, also some people think that as the AOZTH is the universal cure its also connected to Flare trying the cure the world by killing everyone. Also they think that the Pokemon timeline will be reset, and that it will "all come together."
That sounds a bit far-fetched tbh. Also I remember a lot of people saying Pokemon was gonna be rebooted but that was before Sun and Moon came out. Also wouldn't resetting the franchise make it impossible to do remakes? Which doesn't seem like something GF would do. While I do understand people taking in-game things as foreshadowing or whatever, I still don't understand why has it resurfaced now. What's it got to do with USUM?

Project AZOTH was just Team Magma/Team Aqua’s plan to use Groudon/Kyogre to modify the world. It was literally just their actual plan that was dealt with and thwarted in ORAS, and the games tell us that outright, if anybody could be bothered to actually read those documents instead of immediately latching on to the esoteric new term and running off to make a YouTube theory video.

Let’s stop trying to make it more than it was.

Last edited:
Project AZOTH was just Team Magma/Team Aqua’s plan to use Groudon/Kyogre to modify the world. It was literally just their actual plan, and the games tell us that outright, if anybody could be bothered to actually read those documents instead of immediately latching on to the unfamiliar new term and running off to make a YouTube video.

Let’s stop trying to make it more than it was.
Yup they even say that the A and Z were meant to symbolize the beginning and the end which aligns with the fact that the games were named Alpha and Omega.

Ew. Hard pass on Ghetsis and N being responsible for Rainbow Rocket. Just sounds like more awful fanfiction. >_>

But in fairness, everything sounds like fanfiction when it’s devoid of context:

- An eleven-year-old singlehandedly brings down the mafia and captures a super-powerful genetic experiment gone wrong so she can win more Pokémon battles

- Another kid in the next region over singlehandedly squashes the mafia’s attempt at a revival (seems like a really incompetent crime syndicate tbh), summons a long-lost mythical creature back to the region and uses them to win more battles and become the champion, and then goes on to battle that first trainer from the previous game

- Another kid who just moved to a third region stops a pair of ecoterrorist organizations who want to use all-powerful ancient Pokémon in order to change the environment, but because they’re idiots they almost cause the apocalypse. And then a giant meteor starts heading toward the earth to cause another apocalypse but the kid works with a mysterious cult in order to summon an ancient dragon which the kid then rides into space and smashes the meteor with, only to encounter an alien Pokémon hiding in the meteor!

- Another kid who has to stop another evil group, who this time are dressed like disco astronauts and are led by a 27 year old nihilist/company CEO who wants to use ancient Pokémon gods in order to completely destroy the universe and annihiliate the concept of a soul so that he can become god

- Kid moves to Hawaii and meets a girl with a weird cloud Pokémon and also battles some thugs, but it turns out the girl’s mom is the head of a local preservation group but is secretly obsessed with extradimensional jellyfish and wants to use the weird cloud Pokémon in order to go into that dimension, and is secretly working with the aforementioned thugs because she hired them to steal the cloud Pokémon, who is actually an evolving Legendary Pokémon. You have to save the girl’s mom from that dimension but first she battles you after fusing with the jellyfish, and then the final fight in the story is against the professor, and in the post-game you work with Looker and Anabel who is actually from the universe of Emerald version but lost her memories and joined Interpol to track down more extradimensional Pokémon, oh and Gyms and HMs are no longer a thing either (remember how crazy that sounded a year ago?)

Last edited:
Then everything can happen,if a guy told me something like this,back in 2015, "in 2017 you will visit other worlds to catch alien like Pokémon" i was gonna laugh at that guy,but now look...that thing is true.

Anyway...If im right,the SM anabel,came from the original Hoeen?

I remember some people saying that she came from a destroyed hoeen :v

Anyway...If im right,the SM anabel,came from the original Hoeen?

I remember some people saying that she came from a destroyed hoeen :v

I’d say it is very, very heavily implied that she came from the original Hoenn.

But I think the theory about it being a destroyed Hoenn was just people reading way too deeply into things (as usual).

Last edited:
Not quite what I think Azoth is in connection to... Also note, in the anime, the land Magearna came from was the Azoth Kingdom..

Not quite what I think Azoth is in connection to... Also note, in the anime, the land Magearna came from was the Azoth Kingdom..
Anime has hardly any effects on games though. I mean aside from Yellow, Ash Greninja and Zygarde. And those were, for the most part, minor stuff. And as for the movies, they've never affected the games aside from distributions of event legendaries.

I don't know, it seems like they've started to let the anime crossover to the games a bit more...

At the very least, thought it may have been planned from the start, it definitely seems like Lillie's gonna get Alola Vulpix like in the show. And we have Togedemaru popping up in Sophocles trial and is probably his "mascot" like the show.

And then the Alolan Marowak as a Totem might parallel how one sort of took the place of Salazzle in the anime.

I don't know, it seems like they've started to let the anime crossover to the games a bit more...

At the very least, thought it may have been planned from the start, it definitely seems like Lillie's gonna get Alola Vulpix like in the show. And we have Togedemaru popping up in Sophocles trial and is probably his "mascot" like the show.

And then the Alolan Marowak as a Totem might parallel how one sort of took the place of Salazzle in the anime.
But they're still minor stuff. They do not affect the storyline in any way.

Back
Top Bottom