• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Guys, don't get your hopes up too much about Alolan forms being confirmed. It's true that the leak in the OP mentions them but the actual source of that leak on 4chan starts with "I'm just copying and pasting" and the bit of the leak with rainbow rocket is copied word for word from a comment made a day earlier. Hence, it is not clear that the rainbow rocket leak and the Alolan Oddish leak came from the same source, they were just compiled into the same post by a 4chan user who'd seen a few leaks. Stay cautious.

What did the Chinese leaks say about rainbow rocket? If they mentioned both RR and Alolan forms then maybe you can start getting excited lol

While it's true people should keep hype in check, the original 4chan leak from back in March - which has basically been right about everything so far - said there would be new Alolan forms. It mentioned "USUM" as the name, the games being on 3DS, Giovanni and RR (Rainbow Rocket), new Ultra Beasts, Necrozma forms and Z-Moves, and was maybe hinting at Lusamine not being the main villain this time. The new battle facility part also seems to have some small support due to the recent interview mentioning Festival Plaza having something battle related, but obviously that part isn't confirmed.

jvbV3Q3.jpg

So I'm willing to stay positive for some new Alolan forms for now, since it's been right about most other things it said.

With these being the last 3DS games and the culmination of all their prior efforts, I have a feeling these are gonna be a lot like what Sun and Moon were supposed to be. Return of past characters and all. Feels like the 20th anniversary game we should have got. Not that I disliked Sun and Moon, they were great.

I hope Team Skull still has a role in this plot and not just shoved aside. If it's post-game stuff then I guess we could team up with Team ReSkull against Giovanni :p

Okay, the most fanfic sounding leak this year is true, and I love it. Absolutely, totally love it. Look at that giant Rainbow R on a completely black castle. Yum. Meanwhile
OjU45TP.png

If this is HGSS Giovanni who ended up researching Ultra Space and actually came back with this wunderbar clustetfuck of a plot....bravo GF. BRAVO!

It's kind of insignificant compared to Team Rocket, but I thought I would mention this anyway.

ursbattlecave.png

Assuming this is an actual screenshot from the game and not a fabricated battle like they sometimes make for trailers (and I'm inclined to assume it isn't since Dulse's model is in the background, and I don't remember any instances of them putting in models for fabricated battles), we can tell two things. First, that you battle them in a cave at some point, and second, that a battle against UB Adhesive occurs when your Pokemon are in the ballpark of Level 50.

We can tell it's your Pokemon and not UB Adhesive's health bar due to the positioning on the screen (opposing health bars are farther to the right, and the opposing trainer's Pokeball line is below them rather than above. Because this is promotional material, it's unlikely that the level curve is reflected exactly, but you're probably not going to be level 20 or something for this battle in the actual game.

In Sun and Moon in Vast Poni Canyon, most non-plot NPCs were in the 44 to 47 range, and since USM is allegedly going to be harder, the trainers there could be a bit stronger.

vastponiSM.png

The background doesn't look quite the same in terms of color, but it wouldn't be unreasonable for USM to change that, or it could be a lighting issue/picture quality with the leak, though I doubt that since Adhesive's colors seem fine. And unless they add a new cave or the Level 50 estimate is way off, there aren't really any other caves in that level range in Alola.

The other thing I'd like to mention is how this affects the chances of UB Adhesive evolving, if you're fighting it around Level 50. While it would be weird to be that high of a level and not fully evolved, it could still potentially evolve through a different method, like friendship or affection (after all, they did show it in Refresh in its debut trailer). Overall, I still think there's a good case for it evolving, especially if the riddler was hinting it.

And since we can't see Dulse's number of Pokemon in this screenshot, for all we know he could have a team of more than one, including both Adhesive and its evolved form.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole Rainbow Rocket thing but whatever I guess?

I obviously cannot be certain that Alola Forms are coming, but two very credible leaks suggest they are.

On a side note can't we say "more baddies from old versions return" is now confirmed? With team rocket back and all (despite not having seen Giovanni yet), this is true now :X3: @Soki
But the second leak you mentioned was exactly the leak I was talking about. It's not one single leak, it's a collection of three separate previously made posts on 4chan.

While it's true people should keep hype in check, the original 4chan leak from back in March - which has basically been right about everything so far - said there would be new Alolan forms.
Oh I know that, I was one of the first to stumble upon it after USUM were revealed and in fact I think that screenshot was actually taken by me hahaha. My main point was that one of the leaks was a collection of comments and so rainbow rocket being leaked doesn't prove the existence of the grass / poison alolan form, as an example. I think the wishlist leak pretty much confirms the Alolan forms (though leaks have included false information in the past) but it remains to be seen which ones specifically will get new forms.

As @Plumeria speculated above. The return of the evil bosses who are drawn from alternate universes where they were successful, could easily tie in with the also confirmed news that certain legendaries (like Mewtwo) will be catchable in Ultra Wormholes

Giovanni - Mewtwo
Maxie/Archie - Groudon/Kyogre depending on which version
Cyrus - with either Dialga or Palkia depending on which version
Ghetsis - Reshiram/Zekrom
Lysandre - Xerneas/Yveltal

Not sure how, if at all, Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem will fit in. Zygarde isn't really needed as it was obtainable in SM and most likely will be in USUM too (although not confirmed)

BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD! IT’S REAL!!!!

I seriously hope Silvers in this would be great to team up with him!
Ah yes, I was thinking that too. Would be awesome to see. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom