• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Way off topic I know but I’ve been saying this since around 2015 when the reboot theories started popping up - a Pokémon game set in medieval times or ancient times (quickly imagine a Pokémon game in like Ancient Greece or ancient China) or a steampunk/cyperpunk universe or the Wild West or the far flung future (like maybe in outer space?) would be an interesting direction for the series. While these elements have come up in various ways in past games, going whole hog with it in setting, characters, plot and new Pokémon designs would be neat (imo).

You know what'd be cool? If the bosses teamed up to actually SAVE Alola(or the world even) from Necrozma with their respective legendaries.

You know what'd be cool? If the bosses teamed up to actually SAVE Alola(or the world even) from Necrozma with their respective legendaries.
Yeah, but I don't think Necrozma is that powerful for all the legendaries to battle it together. It's just another trio master.

Way off topic I know but I’ve been saying this since around 2015 when the reboot theories started popping up - a Pokémon game set in medieval times or ancient times (quickly imagine a Pokémon game in like Ancient Greece or ancient China) or a steampunk/cyperpunk universe or the Wild West or the far flung future (like maybe in outer space?) would be an interesting direction for the series. While these elements have come up in various ways in past games, going whole hog with it in setting, characters, plot and new Pokémon designs would be neat (imo).
I still want my game in the past where Oak and Agatha are your rivals, you dont have pokéballs or potions only "natural" healing items and you have to use apricots to make "pokeballs", with fossils roaming in the wild without their rock typing (alternative forms i guess).
That'd be dope!

Maybe he talking about the light thing since we didn't see it yet.
also the alola oddish from the leaks

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7RxGaNZu7U

So they confirm there's more new Pokemon, though they aren't allowed to talk more about them yet.

They mention the other new Pokemon they can't talk about yet right after talking about the new Ultra Beasts, so I kind of feel like they're referring to new UBs, which is fine by me.

Also:
"In Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon there will be some new, different scenes that you didn't see in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon that do feature Togedemaru."

This could be referring to its widely speculated Z-Move, but the way he calls them "new scenes" makes me feel like there's a chance he's talking about the Electric trial. Maybe it will replace Vikavolt like how Marowak is replacing Salazzle?

Not sure on that I'll wait and see. plus the 1 year later leak (Chinese leak 2.0) which got most right says its a mysterious person and the league is already built.
the only problem is that the only thing the leak has "right" is the Rainbow Rocket stuff, which is somewhat tenuous considering that the USUM wishlist person beat them to it (and actually has verified info). there's zero indication that the game takes place in a world where you move a year later (Lillie is still fleeing Aether, we still have the OG encounter with Nihilego at Aether, Hau is still doing his island challenge; none of these being things you directly influenced), the league being built already is independent of a time jump, and if it were to be true that champion must be so mysterious that they haven't been revealed or promoted at all. Lillie surprising me/you is subjective.

that leak is definitely fake, if not lucky.

Oh my gosh, what even is this? The fanfictions... they have invaded our world!!! Haha but seriously, probably one of the biggest chunks of news we've seen for any potential plot, or post-game plot yet (besides the story trailer). The Rainbow Rocket idea actually sounds quite logical, something they could do. I won't get my hopes up too high yet, it might just be Team Rocket who makes a return, but even that is cool. Team Rocket are some of my favs, alongside Team Skull, and it's interesting to see their return.

I really hope we'll get to see Silver in the game, like he followed his dad to Alola or something to stop Team Rocket again. It would be nice to see redesigned player characters from Johto (and both the male and female one, since HGSS featured both of them, not just the player you chose. I swear GF if you pul another Leaf situation, I won't be happy. Speaking of Leaf, have her come back too in this game to make up for the crime you committed against her last year.)

I'm excited for the possibilities this game has now. It really feels like an overall better version of Sun and Moon, and that's fine with me. Less than a month to go, and with all the recent hype this game has gotten, I don't even think Super Mario Odyssey (so excited for that game too, just a few more days!) will distract me enough from my impatience for these games.

This could be referring to its widely speculated Z-Move, but the way he calls them "new scenes" makes me feel like there's a chance he's talking about the Electric trial. Maybe it will replace Vikavolt like how Marowak is replacing Salazzle?

I doubt it'll replace Vikavolt. We already see Sophocles' Togedemaru in the overworld in the scenes they showed for the Electric trial

we still have the OG encounter with Nihilego at Aether

Was it actually shown we still encounter Nihilego first at Aether? I know they skipped out on showing what's coming out from the Wormhole in one of the trailers.

Now i think if lance will come back,i really need his theme remixed xd

Also...Let's hope that they will ot pull an ORAS for the legendary and the old boss themes

I mean did you really expect Nintendo to let them ask hard hitting questions?

As for the "new" Pokemon I'm. It so sure there'll be new normal Pokemon. They probably just meant the ultra beasts

Well, no. Not really.

Back
Top Bottom