• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Physical Silvally Experience

Reaction score
Alola everyone! I had a question regarding a physical Silvally set. I planned to make the one we receive from the current event into a physical attacker, since I already soft reset the in-game one to be optimized for special attacking. That being said, I recognized that Normal Silvally has the most sheer power out of all the Silvally possibilities. That being said, have any of you had success with that kind of set? Or any advice on what I'm trying to achieve? Below is what I'm thinking of doing. Also, would you recommend using Choice Band or Normalium Z? Adamant or Jolly? EV Spreads? Move set changes? If using something similar to this, what has worked for you?

Silvally
Adamant/Jolly
Item: Choice Band
Ability: RKS System
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP (I also saw 20 HP, 252 Attack, 236 Speed because "you don't need to put in more than 236 Speed EVs since after that there's nothing more you'll be able to outpace--You beat Pokemon with 145 Base Speed such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill" thoughts?)
~Double Edge (The main damage dealing move, that doesn't automatically kill Silvally like Explosion)
~Explosion (100% nuking. Used to either take out a heavy defensive threat or get an early advantage on the opponent)
~Parting Shot (In case Silvally is sent in against a severe disadvantage/needs to switch/assist team)
~Crunch (So this set won't be walled by Ghost types. Normal & Dark provide perfect, neutral coverage)

Alola everyone! I had a question regarding a physical Silvally set. I planned to make the one we receive from the current event into a physical attacker, since I already soft reset the in-game one to be optimized for special attacking. That being said, I recognized that Normal Silvally has the most sheer power out of all the Silvally possibilities. That being said, have any of you had success with that kind of set? Or any advice on what I'm trying to achieve? Below is what I'm thinking of doing. Also, would you recommend using Choice Band or Normalium Z? Adamant or Jolly? EV Spreads? Move set changes? If using something similar to this, what has worked for you?

Silvally
Adamant/Jolly
Item: Choice Band
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP (I also saw 20 HP, 252 Attack, 236 Speed because "you don't need to put in more than 236 Speed EVs since after that there's nothing more you'll be able to outpace--You beat Pokemon with 145 Base Speed such as Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill" thoughts?)
~Double Edge (The main damage dealing move, that doesn't automatically kill Silvally like Explosion)
~Explosion (100% nuking. Used to either take out a heavy defensive threat or get an early advantage on the opponent)
~Parting Shot (In case Silvally is sent in against a severe disadvantage/needs to switch/assist team)
~Crunch (So this set won't be walled by Ghost types. Normal & Dark provide perfect, neutral coverage)
Yeah, Normal-type is the most optimal outside of niche cases since unfortunately GameFreak didn't give it enough support to be more than a gimmick Arceus clone. Anyway, Choice Band is good if you want that juicy STAB Explosion power, which is one of Silvally's best selling points. If that's the case then the set you've laid out is fine. However, I personally think the Swords Dance + 3 moves is more effective.
Silvally @ Normalium Z/ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Crunch
- Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang / Explosion
Definitely max out speed to ensure you are as fast as possible after setting up. Double-Edge for power or Return for less recoil, up to you. If you go with Life Orb I'd pick Return just to avoid too much stacked recoil. You are kind of forced to run Crunch just for Ghost coverage, since alas, Silvally doesn't learn Foresight (not being serious here). The last slot can be one of the elemental fangs for extra coverage (which I've listed in order of usefulness) or Explosion if you are still craving that tantalizing raw power backed by some Normalium Z-crystal action.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom