• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

In that case, I'm expecting it to be a Mythical introduced in USUM.

We should have an idea whenever the game gets datamined at least. If nothing seems to be a Mythical, then that'd point to Gen 8.

Yeah, I've always been quite confident we'd get a Mythical by early 2018 at the latest even before this came out, since they've had a mythical distribution with every movie since the thirteenth. (Of course, the possibility of the Lucario/Zoroark of Gen 8 is there as well, especially since the movie will come out when Gen 7 is effectively finished in terms of new content.)

I definitely agree that a new mythical in USM is the most likely possibility. We haven't seen this few mythicals introduced in a generation since Gen 3 when the trends with movies and corresponding events were still getting established (and even then neither of those mythicals was promoted in a movie of the previous generation like Magearna was).

My theory until proven otherwise is that GameFreak wasn't too happy with Diancie/Hoopa/Volcanion getting datamined in XY, and decided to only code the mythicals relevant to 2016/17 into SM, knowing that they'd be adding more UBs in USM and thus could also add one or maybe two more mythicals for 2018 and possibly 2019 depending on how the run-up to the Switch game goes. I believe the Riddler said a while back that they'd come up with UB Burst back when SM was still in development, so that would support them planning far in advance to not only add new UBs but also save some mythicals to preserve the element of surprise just a little longer (though obviously we'll find out about them as soon as USM comes out).

Also, this has surfaced as well:

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/924703644225859586

Well i guess i was wrong :p because when he updated the site i saw nothing new there.
i think it's too early for 8 pokemon at this point, maybe new mythical for ultra sun and moon.

My theory until proven otherwise is that GameFreak wasn't too happy with Diancie/Hoopa/Volcanion getting datamined in XY, and decided to only code the mythicals relevant to 2016/17 into SM, knowing that they'd be adding more UBs in USM and thus could also add one or maybe two more mythicals for 2018 and possibly 2019 depending on how the run-up to the Switch game goes. I believe the Riddler said a while back that they'd come up with UB Burst back when SM was still in development, so that would support them planning far in advance to not only add new UBs but also save some mythicals to preserve the element of surprise just a little longer (though obviously we'll find out about them as soon as USM comes out).
why would it take them until XY to be upset about mythical datamining? plus, they always revealed them as if they were new anyways. on the other half, i would probably go with the more optimistic UB Burst was made back during SM but they wanted to make it better, although the other reasonable (albeit more insidious) explanation is that they made Burst and decided to withhold it intentionally for USUM as a selling point. yikes. anti-datamining doesn't seem to explain the presence of new UBs.

why would it take them until XY to be upset about mythical datamining? plus, they always revealed them as if they were new anyways. on the other half, i would probably go with the more optimistic UB Burst was made back during SM but they wanted to make it better, although the other reasonable (albeit more insidious) explanation is that they made Burst and decided to withhold it intentionally for USUM as a selling point. yikes. anti-datamining doesn't seem to explain the presence of new UBs.

I could have worded the first part better; I didn't really mean to imply that it was the specific instance of XY getting datamined that made them decide to withhold mythicals but rather that now that they were already planning to break precedent and introduce more Pokemon within a generation through the UBs, there would be no reason not to do that with some of the mythicals that wouldn't be revelant until USM had already came out.

If I was a gambling man, my money is on a new mythical with corresponding movie (if past trends are anything to go on). I still think it’d be too early for Gen 8 mons

I translated it and I got this - Pokemon Ultra Sun Ultra Moon" will be released until the 19th! 】 "Kin 's Tama Man" appeared every time in the "Pocket Monster" series. Not to mention "Ultra Sun Ultra Moon", of course

It doesn’t make sense

I translated it and I got this - Pokemon Ultra Sun Ultra Moon" will be released until the 19th! 】 "Kin 's Tama Man" appeared every time in the "Pocket Monster" series. Not to mention "Ultra Sun Ultra Moon", of course

It doesn’t make sense

I got “Uncle Kin has appeared in every Pocket Monsters game, including Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon” roughly. (My Japanese is super rusty)

Not sure what character it’s supposed to be, someone responded (in Japanese) with screenshots from Gen 1 or 2 with an NPC character talking to the player.

I wonder if it’s supposed to be whatshisname, the one who gives you O powers in XY and ORAS?

Mandibuzz's Japanese name is Vulgina

That's only relevant if the word "vagina" is actually "vagina" in Japanese. And besides, "vulgina" isn't an actual word in English like "cum" is, unless you know some sort of slang that I don't. Even just changing it to Sticcem or Sticchem or something would be better than what was said.

But this topic isn't going anywhere good, so let's just move on.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/924783692714737664

While I'm still trying to keep my expectations in check, Pokeshopper is very confident that it's something new, and apparently there's no evidence ruling out forms or an entirely new Pokemon. Independent of this, we can be pretty confident of something new for the 21st movie, so in any case I'm excited for these next few months.

I wonder if this also means that Pokemon Switch is for gen 8, if they are thinking of introducing a new pokemon for a movie premier at some point in 2018, makes it likely that pokemon switch wont be a kanto or a sinnoh remake and could be something entirely new ? Seems like when we got magearna in gen 6 before SM was revealed as a game.

I wonder if this also means that Pokemon Switch is for gen 8, if they are thinking of introducing a new pokemon for a movie premier at some point in 2018, makes it likely that pokemon switch wont be a kanto or a sinnoh remake and could be something entirely new ? Seems like when we got magearna in gen 6 before SM was revealed as a game.

1) Magearna wasn’t available until Gen 7, we knew about her in Gen 6 though
2) they have said repeatedly that Pokémon is moving to the Switch and they’re working on a core series game - any thoughts of yet a Kanto or Simmons remake is fan wishful thinking

1) Magearna wasn’t available until Gen 7, we knew about her in Gen 6 though
2) they have said repeatedly that Pokémon is moving to the Switch and they’re working on a core series game - any thoughts of yet a Kanto or Simmons remake is fan wishful thinking

Oh I know I was just saying that Magearna was our first look into Gen 7 before anything was mentioned, I'm assuming this new reveal is the same case but with gen 8. But having this now should stop people hoping for a remake at least lol

I got “Uncle Kin has appeared in every Pocket Monsters game, including Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon” roughly. (My Japanese is super rusty)

Not sure what character it’s supposed to be, someone responded (in Japanese) with screenshots from Gen 1 or 2 with an NPC character talking to the player.

I wonder if it’s supposed to be whatshisname, the one who gives you O powers in XY and ORAS?

But Mr. Bonding hasn’t come anywhere even remotely close to appearing in every game in the series

True... I’m not sure what character they can be referring to then

Probably just one of the recurring but inconsequential NPCs like the Power of Science guy or the Move Deleter.

Back
Top Bottom