• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Japanese overview trailer shows actually dungeons while encountering the legendaries

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlXHmP99BY

I took a look and I noticed something: It implies that Kommo-o is still a Totem as you can see its scene from the original games in the trailer alongside the others, which means we could get 8 Totems. Similarly, in line with Mina getting more of a role, she replaces the generic captain that took you to Exeggutor Island in the scene that you first meet.

Not after the very opening. Plus, Gaba is the one helping Giovanni in the post-game.
Lol, when they were first introduced last year they had that aspect-unless you were particularly savvy. Especially in-game.

It could be the same for this Ultra Recon Squad group-they appear nice initially, but may be up to nefarious deeds down the line. Or not :whistle:

I notice something in the overview trailer, when the URS came to the alter, it matched that leaked picture that was shown a while ago.

They live in a world devoid of light
oh. has it been officially explained? or is there some science behind it? i didn't know living in darkness would cause your skin to go teal.
Oh my God, Karen. You can't just ask someone what's wrong with their skin.

Esserise is right. Necrozma stole their world's light. And it looks like they're after Necrozma.

that strike is hilarious. so fetched.

hoping for some leaks. just roughly 2 weeks before the release, still no news of new alolan forms. sigh

oh. has it been officially explained? or is there some science behind it? i didn't know living in darkness would cause your skin to go teal.

Well, the effect is exaggerated here in order to make them seem more otherworldly and strange, but sunlight and UV radiation do affect skin color (hence tanning), as do other factors such as vitamins. To whittle it down very simply, in places where there is more UVR, people tend to have darker skin, and where there is less UVR, people tend to have lighter skin. So it stands to reason - at least, within the understanding that this is already a completely ridiculous and exaggerated fictional universe - that people living in a world with almost no sunlight exposure would develop more pale skin. And who knows that other factors they might have been affected by, as well, such as their diets. I don’t imagine that a world without light offers much in the way of vegetation, for example.

They've been in ultra space so long, that probably affected their skin coloration.

I'm in love with the idea that the Ultra Recon Squad uses Ultra Beasts to fight. The idea is fun, I'm hoping we may get more UB's with evolution lines rather than all just being one off's.

Updated the OP and added a "Credible" header with USUM Wishlist and Rainbow Rocket Leak under it.

I still can't believe the Rainbow Rocket thing is actually correct ^^;

Yeah, It was hard to believe in those leaks before today’s trailer hehe

Updated the OP and added a "Credible" header with USUM Wishlist and Rainbow Rocket Leak under it.

I still can't believe the Rainbow Rocket thing is actually correct ^^;

I'd say the Chinese leaks 2.0 is on its way to being credible too. It's prolly the next one to go there anyway given a little more time.

Except there is no mysterious champion, as evidenced by the long Japanese trailer. The player is the first champion again.
Yup exactly glad it is the same makes the player in S/M/US/UM feel unique and special glad that wasn't taken away!

So, Rainbow Rocket being real means that (if the rest of the "wishlist link" it came from is true, and there's no reason to doubt it now) we're getting new non-UB Pokemon and new Alola forms along with the new UBs. Remember that Chinese leak last year that mentioned these? They didn't end up being in SuMo despite everything else the Chinese leak got right:
  • Bug/Psychic-type Alolan Butterfree (hoping this was a case of mistaken identity and it's actually an Alolan Venomoth, since Venomoth has decent enough stats that it could put the typing to use and it already has a decent amount of Psychic-typemoves)
  • Poison/Fighting-type Alolan Nidoking/Nidoqueen
  • Water-type Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine
  • Fighting-type Alolan Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
  • Fighting/Flying-type Alolan Doduo/Dodrio
  • Ice/Ghost-type snowman line
Then again, the leak got some things wrong (the starters having two final forms), but the things it got right (Ash-Greninja, Dark-type Alolan Rattata/Raticat, the starter evolutions we got) ended up happening. So it's possible these Alolan forms and possibly even new Pokemon were just saved for this game; apparently Burst was designed during the design period for SuMo but was held over for USUM, so...

Anyway, I'm nicknaming the Ice/Ghost snowman "Olaf" because I'm a Disney geek.

I'd say the Chinese leaks 2.0 is on its way to being credible too. It's prolly the next one to go there anyway given a little more time.
again: no evidence to support that this is an alternate "one year later" story (Hau still hasn't started his Island Challenge, Lillie is still fleeing Aether). the JP trailers seem to indicate that, again, the League is new and you are the first champion (and even further they've yet to introduce any new ~mysterious characters~ to be the champion anyways). Lillie surprising me a lot is well.....subjective.

Back
Top Bottom