• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I'd say the Chinese leaks 2.0 is on its way to being credible too. It's prolly the next one to go there anyway given a little more time.

I've given it thought to move it to Credible since that one confirmed sentence was one hell of a thing to guess, but it could be they've just stolen that from another leak to make theirs credible. So indeed only putting it there if at least one other thing from their list gets confirmed too.

Also for everyone assuming the 'Hau pulls a blue' part isn't true cause we're seeing an empty champion seat: I dunno man, I kinda think they're showing us this in a trailer to make us think we're the champion again but it actually isn't? I mean why else show it, there's nothing exciting about walking up to an empty seat.

It also might just be me being paranoid cause trailers so often tell us false things, but it's something to think about :p It could be there's someone hiding behind you or whatever and coming up to you "surprise, I was actually first!". Would actually love it if Hau did something like that.

Last edited:
Also for everyone assuming the 'Hau pulls a blue' part isn't true cause we're seeing an empty champion seat: I dunno man, I kinda think they're showing us this in a trailer to make us think we're the champion again but it actually isn't? I mean why else show it, there's nothing exciting about walking up to an empty seat.
i've thought about that a shade too partially because in that same trailer you can see Lillie being chased by Aether employees in the beginning as well. aren't they supposedly replaced by URS? even still, given the fairly popular reception around title defense there's nothing stopping them from having Hau be the initial champ and then have the same defense pool again. of course, they also show a shot of Kukui on the summit as well so hm :/
I've given it thought to move it to Credible since that one confirmed sentence was one hell of a thing to guess, but it could be they've just stolen that from another leak to make theirs credible. So indeed only putting it there if at least one other thing from their list gets confirmed too.
i mean even if it were credible it's an ultimately garbage leak that was padded by false/misleading information. no one would ever reference it anyways since the only bit of information it gave was one upped by two other leaks that actually gave more information.

Except there is no mysterious champion, as evidenced by the long Japanese trailer. The player is the first champion again.

Maybe there could be a different character who meets you in the throne room and then the scenes with Kukui there are only when he shows up to congratulate you like professors sometimes do, but that's admittedly a massive stretch and I doubt they would have someone else challenge you in the exact same way as Kukui, when the awesomeness of that moment was influenced so much by who Kukui was and the role he'd played in the league's creation. Clearly the leak had some insider info but I agree that part hurts it more than it helps it.

I'd be more worried about there being no Alolan forms if the cover had any Alolan forms (or anything from USUM) on it. I don't see a Dusk Lycanroc, Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing Necrozma or any of the new UBs on it.

Alakazam, Arcanine, Furret and the Eeveelutions by the look of it too...
I'm starting to think Game Freak gave us Totem-sized Pokémon in order to give an excuse as to why there won't be new Alolan Forms in USUM.

the totem-sized pokemon wouldn't be new assets so that makes approx 0 sense.
I completely agree with you on this. I just think that Game Freak would use that as a scapegoat, an excuse which we obviously won't buy into. We all know how bad they've been with PR in the past.

f32aad50c01b269024c755175bde1f7d.png

That leaked screenshot from 4chan is legitimate.

I'd be more worried about there being no Alolan forms if the cover had any Alolan forms (or anything from USUM) on it. I don't see a Dusk Lycanroc, Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing Necrozma or any of the new UBs on it.

Yeah I'd have to agree. If there were other new forms (ie Lycanroc/Necrozma) or even older Alolan forms I'd be worried, but since it doesn't I don't see this as a problem

I kind of think the Champion scene with Kukui is a fake out personally.
I wouldn't be suprised if they emulated RBY and had you fight Kuikui again only to say that Hau made it before you did.

So they picked the new Lycanroc form (despite being event-exclusive) but stuck to old variants... because they need to wait an extra week for the big reveal? Okay.

The Rocket Rainbow artwork shows Dusk Lycanroc alongside two old Alolan variants. Just saying.
So they picked the new Lycanroc form (despite being event-exclusive) but stuck to old variants... because they need to wait an extra week for the big reveal? Okay.
This makes me think that Dusk Lycanroc is only event exclusive not because it was made for Ash, but because it was made for someone important in the Rainbow Rocket conflict for plot-related reasons. I initially speculated this when it was first announced that it was event-exclusive, but this poster could be hinting towards that earlier assumption of mine being correct.

Back
Top Bottom