• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Rainbow Rocket and the 4 timelines

Reaction score
We now have 4 time lines
"Hero wins" Non mega
"Hero Loses" non mega
"Hero Wins" Mega
"Hero Loses" Mega

So in order for these guys to be from timelines where we lost that means only their team succeeded in their own timelines.

Timeline where Archie/Maxie win: Sinnoh Unova Kalos and etc get dried up/drowned as Kyogre/Groudon wreck havoc thus no one else after them lives
Timeline where Cyrus wins: Maxie/Archie had to have failed so he lives emotions are gone and unova/kalos and anyone else become robots
Timeline where gethis wins: Cyrus and ARchie/Maxie have to fail so he lives he rids the world of trainers

etc.
Only differnce is ORAS Maxie and Archie in the timeline where they win Zinna brings Rayquaza in and stops them but fails to stop the meteor because we don't help, thus the timeline where they win is the end of Hoenn.

The question is is Giovanni from the "Hero wins" timeline (mega/non mega) and just returns to finally enact the plan he's been working on starting with Alola, after he uses mewtwos power to gather villains across the multiverse that are strong (because they won) why Alola though? (Maybe because Reds there and he'll have a role?) or is he from the "Hero loses" timeline in which he win in Kanto (or) Johto (speaking of which could he have lost in one and then won in the other? won in both? dunno)

as for why they're allinged with Giovanni, maybe because they know theres worlds where they haven't gotten what they wanted and they want to expand to the multiverse!

Also Rainbow rocket could be reoccurring multi dimensional villains there's always a hero loses timeline to each game, and in USUM too, in USUM we lose in one of the timelines (damn it who filled their team with crap mons/lost their nuzlocke!)

Last thoughts hoping Red and Blue are involved infact I want all the protags to show up to confront their respective villains (and be battleable in the battle tree plz?) to avenge themselves in the timelines where they lost.

In all honesty it's really too exhausting for me to keep up with this multiverse/alternate universe theory.
It's really not that hard once you grasp it. There are basically two main timelines. One where the ancient weapon was fired and created mega evolution (XY, ORAS, SM and USUM) and one where it wasn't (Remaining games). Now each game is "canon" because they all happen. Just in different dimensions. For example in Diamond dimension, Cyrus goes after Dialga but in the Pearl one, he is after Palkia.

Now there are innumerable versions of this. One in which events of fireRed happen followed by that of Diamond and then one in which events of FireRed are followed by that of Platinum and so on.

As for the Mega versions of past games, we see in ORAS that while there are changes, at the core they remain same. So probably Mega versions of past games more or less played out the same. We'll see this is DP remakes.

As for the villains. They are from separate dimensions where they have succeeded in their plans but for some reason have aligned together and have come to USUM world.

As for the villains. They are from separate dimensions where they have succeeded in their plans but for some reason have aligned together and have come to USUM world.

My own theory is that the creation of Mewtwo had something to do with the above. I'm just going to look at it as one timeline existed prior to Gen 6 and a different existed post Gen 6. Gen 7 (specifically USUM) is a culmination of everything.

So I think maybe the Switch game could be a reboot in some aspects. Just my own thought.

Unfortunately Ghetsis winning also means that he probably usurped N and maybe even had him disappear.
Well, according to some translations, Ghetsis does mention about how he wants another puppet... But that could also mean that he left N to take care of Unova before warping through the Ultra Space to team up with Rainbow Rocket, and he wants another puppet to use in Alola.

What 4 timelines? With then taking over Festival Plaza, theoretically that means any game copy is a universe in itself and the possibilities are endless.

It was in the leak but more importantly in one of the Japanese trailers, Archie outright says he succeeded in creating his version of world and aims to do the same here.
Welp I don't know how Archie and Maxie both plan to expand the land and sea at the same time

So Maxie/Archie succeeded in inadvertently destroying Hoenn with an eternal drought or rainstorm? Lysandre nuked all the people of Kalos with either eternal life or just outright death? I'm not sure how I feel about these alleged victories...

Well, no, not quite. Archie and Maxie only wanted to expand the ocean/land. They didn’t want it to cover the world, and they didn’t intend for Kyogre or Groudon to be as powerful as they turned out to be. A scenario in which the world is either completely flooded or rendered totally barren and dry would likely be classified as a failure for them. So if they come from worlds in which their plans succeeded, then logically, those would be worlds in which they managed to control Kyogre/Groudon’s power and kept them from going berserk. They would be worlds in which the ocean/land had expanded to some extent, allowing for either water-based Pokémon or land-based Pokémon and people to prosper.

Also, Lysandre was going to murder everyone who wasn’t in Team Flare in both versions. They never actually say that he has any intention of making anyone immortal, outside of one fairly inconsequential musing that he makes when speaking to Diantha in X.

As for the actual concept of Rainbow Rocket, its pretty fun to see happening. Its a great way to celebrate the franchise, and I can see how something like this can happen. With Faba also amongst their ranks, I can see him having a Charon/Colress like role, with him being the brains to allow Giovanni to gather everyone up and infiltrate Aether Foundation.
Its also going to, hopefully, be great to see all the battle tree trainers interact with this whole ordeal. Red/Green, Wally, Cynthia, Colress and the Dynamic Kalos Duo all have had contact with villains, and Dexio/Sina especially should be fun because Lysandre is a straight up MegaVerse villain. I hope they don't screw this up.
Lastly, I think defeating each Boss will unlock the respective legendary. Its ambiguous for the gen 4/5/6 bosses as to which legendary they control, so depending on version you defeat them and gain access to it.

It's interesting how the original looks of Maxie & Archie were used, as opposed to the ORAS looks.

Can you imagine if the only reason the original timeline versions of Maxie & Archie succeeded in their timelines was because of Zinnia stopping ORAS Steven from warping the meteor through dimensions to right on top of R/S Groundon/Kyogre? Hahaha.

Since they're using their original designs I thought these leaders would also be using their original teams (except for Giovanni of course) from the games they featured in, but it looks like everyone has at least five Pokemon. Also I heard Ghetsis may be using a Mega which is something a lot of people assumed that all of them would have. It feels a little strange if the Maxie and Archie in TRR also have Megas since Mega Evolution was kinda the big difference between the two incarnations we've seen. I'm guessing the player character will be facing these team leaders in order of generation with the exception of Giovanni at the end. Maybe the order also determines difficulty with the latter trainers like Ghetsis, Lysandre, and Giovanni using stronger Pokemon and Megas?

Also a little late on that roster expansion for Magma and Aqua eh?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom