• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

After they accidentally leaked Mareanie and Nebby through the TCG, they may have gotten smarter about putting new Pokemon/variants on packaging before it could be officially revealed unless it's mysterious like "light Necrozma."
They did spoil Mimikyuium Z

I like how sometimes people post my stuff yet forget I have an account here too and don't ask me to come talk about things with them!? :ROFLMAO:
I haven't been commenting on the rumors this time because everything seemed quite unlikely until recent trailers started confirming lots of things.
So let me comment on a few things:

- I think new Alolan Forms are unlikely at this point, unless it's only one or two. It would be a huge amount of effort to conceal that until now when they could just have used them to help promote the games. Two of the pokémon I listed in the rumor roundup image, Seel and Jynx, have also been confirmed to have their regular forms present in USUM, continuing to decrease said probability. I also don't think they would reference regular Bellossom in SM just to give the line an Alolan Form in the next games. Regional variants of Vileplume and Parasect would also make much more sense in the next region if it ends up being based on Southeast Asia (like hinted at by Yungoos and Ryuki) because that region has various different types of corpse flowers and fungus that take over insects, plus Lavandula has already proven that the Riddler and friends know things in advance sometimes, so it's not totally impossible. Then again, I'm kinda stretching here and won't believe it until I see it.

- I think we aren't getting any more UBs because Lunala is #390 and Necrozma is #400 in the Alola Dex, which suggests the 9 UBs are listed between both of them and therefore the chances of Adhesive having an evolution are reduced too. Of course, they could still be listed after for some reason, and Adhesive could have a form instead, just saying it doesn't look as likely as before.

- Regarding Giovanni and Silver's return, I don't think it's that impossible. If they can bring back Red and Blue, and can even make a 'League of Villains', they can certainly bring back Silver. Is it likely? Maybe not. Just pointing a possible reason for the dad reference in the rumor. Also, I thought Silver was referring to Red and Ethan when he says Giovanni lost to a couple of trainers, but I could be wrong about that.

- I'm not expecting the PWT to actually be a thing, but I thought it was interesting that the flags kinda matched. Could be something, but it's probably not connected to the Battle Agency because from what has been shown of it, it seems like it will be heavily tied to Festival Plaza's central room.

- Hau could technically still be the champion if he's hiding somewhere or they could just be trying to fool us with the trailer footage, since that has happened plenty of times before. I'm as confused as you are about that particular point of the rumor.

- I agree with the point that Kahili not having a Z-Ring is meaningless, I should have payed more attention to that. Was only trying to point out that Molayne could be an E4 member by replacing Acerola or Kahili. I have a feeling that he might replace Nanu as a Kahuna because he appointed Sophocles as captain even though Nanu should be doing that. He also tests the player before Sophocle's Trial, is a former Trial Captain, is Kukui's close friend, manages the PC BOX system in Alola, etc., etc. He was basically made for the job, let's say.

- The Luauhu rumour is indeed hard to believe right now, but it made sense to me so I included it. Yes it's possible that someone created it based on all the things known thus far, but part of me feels like there's too many details with potential hidden connections, in traditional Game Freak fashion, to be something that a random 4Chan user would come up with, but I digress. Regarding the name, it doesn't have to be connected to Luau per se because the word has other meanings, and even then they do make Luau dances in worship of Pele and her closest sister is a dancer, so it's not unreasonable. You can easily go to Youtube, type in "Pele Luau", and you will get results showing it. Also, see here for meanings. Besides that, hu has several potential meanings that fit Pele's character and could complement the name in some way. See here for meanings like before. Moreover, I at least don't know enough 'Hawaiian' to speculate more about a potential name composition that Game Freak would have come up with. I rest my case because there's no real point in talking more about it until we have more information that could lead us to believe it more.

And I guess that's all for now, so I'm gonna go back to my corner and continue studying connections between Pokémon and Hermetic Kabbalah to try to piece more things about the franchise together. ;)

Thoughts on this ?

Seems to check out because Magearna and Marshadow are 401 and 402 in the dex. There wouldn't be any room inbetween and it would be odd to have an evolution of UB Sticky or any new UB's after Marshadow.

Guess we can wait for the Friday trailer to reveal, but it doesn't look good for new UBs and Alolan Forms.

We already know there's 10 UBs vs the 9 slots. The conclusion is Adhesive + it's evo/form (and the last two UBs) would be placed earlier in the Pokedex.

That said, it definitely doesn't look good for new Alolan forms.

We also have a CoroCoro coming betwin 10 and November 12.. But I personally don’t believe that they will share any relevant info at this point

Thoughts on this ?

Seems to check out because Magearna and Marshadow are 401 and 402 in the dex. There wouldn't be any room inbetween and it would be odd to have an evolution of UB Sticky or any new UB's after Marshadow.

Guess we can wait for the Friday trailer to reveal, but it doesn't look good for new UBs and Alolan Forms.

I think Desdar300 said that cover was just a placeholder

Still, there probably aren’t any new Alola Forms. I don’t think that discounts an Adhesive evolution, though, since as I said in the Pokédex Update thread, Adhesive will likely be placed toward the middle of the Dex. There’s not even any room for it between Lunala and Necrozma; there’s only enough space in that gap for the original 7 UBs + Burst and Assembly. And since the Recon Squad battle us with Adhesive as early as Paniola Ranch, it will probably be around Type: Null in the Dex.

Of course, I am beginning to think that it will have different forms rather than evolutions. The next TCG set is going to feature five GX Ultra Beasts - but assuming that they aren’t reprinting existing UBs, there’s not any room for two new standalone UBs in the Lunala-Necrozma gap, and I think it would be odd for them to put new UBs anywhere else unless they were atypical like Adhesive. However, it seems likely that Adhesive itself will change in some way, so the question is, would that be through evolution or form change? If it were evolution, then with the way GX cards work, Adhesive itself wouldn’t be one of those five GXs, which strikes me as weird. But, they could be different Adhesive forms, and along with Burst and Assembly, that would account for the five cards.

Adding to that, we saw on those download cards (the ones that first revealed the Rocket grunts) that the Recon Squad are still using Adhesive pretty late in the game, when the player’s Pokémon are around Lv50. I think that this would make more sense if Adhesive uses some kind of form change. And if I may go a bit further in my speculation, perhaps Adhesive takes a different form depending on the game, maybe because it is being used by different Trainers - Dulse in US, and Soliera in UM.

Last edited:
Some people are saying that the USUM shipments will come in the stores tomorrow,this might happen for real,or they are lying? I saw different people saying this so...

Also,talking about this,IF THIS IS TRUE :v we might have everything tomorrow (Need the ost-)
/vp/ - Hello everyone. Tomorrow (November 7th) is the day - Pokémon - 4chan

We also have a CoroCoro coming betwin 10 and November 12.. But I personally don’t believe that they will share any relevant info at this point
I have a feeling Corocoro won't have anything new in store for us this time.

I like how sometimes people post my stuff yet forget I have an account here too and don't ask me to come talk about things with them!? :ROFLMAO:
I haven't been commenting on the rumors this time because everything seemed quite unlikely until recent trailers started confirming lots of things.
So let me comment on a few things:

- I think new Alolan Forms are unlikely at this point, unless it's only one or two. It would be a huge amount of effort to conceal that until now when they could just have used them to help promote the games. Two of the pokémon I listed in the rumor roundup image, Seel and Jynx, have also been confirmed to have their regular forms present in USUM, continuing to decrease said probability. I also don't think they would reference regular Bellossom in SM just to give the line an Alolan Form in the next games. Regional variants of Vileplume and Parasect would also make much more sense in the next region if it ends up being based on Southeast Asia (like hinted at by Yungoos and Ryuki) because that region has various different types of corpse flowers and fungus that take over insects, plus Lavandula has already proven that the Riddler and friends know things in advance sometimes, so it's not totally impossible. Then again, I'm kinda stretching here and won't believe it until I see it.

- I think we aren't getting any more UBs because Lunala is #390 and Necrozma is #400 in the Alola Dex, which suggests the 9 UBs are listed between both of them and therefore the chances of Adhesive having an evolution are reduced too. Of course, they could still be listed after for some reason, and Adhesive could have a form instead, just saying it doesn't look as likely as before.

- Regarding Giovanni and Silver's return, I don't think it's that impossible. If they can bring back Red and Blue, and can even make a 'League of Villains', they can certainly bring back Silver. Is it likely? Maybe not. Just pointing a possible reason for the dad reference in the rumor. Also, I thought Silver was referring to Red and Ethan when he says Giovanni lost to a couple of trainers, but I could be wrong about that.

- I'm not expecting the PWT to actually be a thing, but I thought it was interesting that the flags kinda matched. Could be something, but it's probably not connected to the Battle Agency because from what has been shown of it, it seems like it will be heavily tied to Festival Plaza's central room.

- Hau could technically still be the champion if he's hiding somewhere or they could just be trying to fool us with the trailer footage, since that has happened plenty of times before. I'm as confused as you are about that particular point of the rumor.

- I agree with the point that Kahili not having a Z-Ring is meaningless, I should have payed more attention to that. Was only trying to point out that Molayne could be an E4 member by replacing Acerola or Kahili. I have a feeling that he might replace Nanu as a Kahuna because he appointed Sophocles as captain even though Nanu should be doing that. He also tests the player before Sophocle's Trial, is a former Trial Captain, is Kukui's close friend, manages the PC BOX system in Alola, etc., etc. He was basically made for the job, let's say.

- The Luauhu rumour is indeed hard to believe right now, but it made sense to me so I included it. Yes it's possible that someone created it based on all the things known thus far, but part of me feels like there's too many details with potential hidden connections, in traditional Game Freak fashion, to be something that a random 4Chan user would come up with, but I digress. Regarding the name, it doesn't have to be connected to Luau per se because the word has other meanings, and even then they do make Luau dances in worship of Pele and her closest sister is a dancer, so it's not unreasonable. You can easily go to Youtube, type in "Pele Luau", and you will get results showing it. Also, see here for meanings. Besides that, hu has several potential meanings that fit Pele's character and could complement the name in some way. See here for meanings like before. Moreover, I at least don't know enough 'Hawaiian' to speculate more about a potential name composition that Game Freak would have come up with. I rest my case because there's no real point in talking more about it until we have more information that could lead us to believe it more.

And I guess that's all for now, so I'm gonna go back to my corner and continue studying connections between Pokémon and Hermetic Kabbalah to try to piece more things about the franchise together. ;)

I had no idea you were here XD I follow your twitter and love your theories and posts. My apologies if I seemed disrespectful.

We already know there's 10 UBs vs the 9 slots. The conclusion is Adhesive + it's evo/form (and the last two UBs) would be placed earlier in the Pokedex.

Oh yeah, there are 10 to 9 spaces inbetween them! Kinda overlooked that earlier. Then yes, Adhesive could still have something to it. Personally, I think they would list it after Necrozma for complicated theoretical reasons I'm not gonna go into now, but I guess it could work both ways. :confused:

Oh yeah, there are 10 to 9 spaces inbetween them! Kinda overlooked that earlier. Then yes, Adhesive could still have something to it. Personally, I think they would list it after Necrozma for complicated theoretical reasons I'm not gonna go into now, but I guess it could work both ways. :confused:

We already know from merchandising that Necrozma is #400 and Marshadow is #402 in the Dex. So unless Magearna has been abruptly displaced, there’s nothing but Mythicals after Necrozma.

I'm just saying that Necrozma being 400 on the pokedex means nothing.
Platinum pokedex had completely normal, ordinary pokemon after the legendaries and mythicals. Even the Platinum updated pokedex left out Regigigas, Heatran and Cresselia. They can have any number of UBs, legendaries and whatever else and just not have them in the pokedex.

We already know from merchandising that Necrozma is #400 and Marshadow is #402 in the Dex. So unless Magearna has been abruptly displaced, there’s nothing but Mythicals after Necrozma.

Oops, sorry, you are right. Stupid me got confused for a moment there and forgot that. :oops:
Makes it more interesting in that case.

I'm just saying that Necrozma being 400 on the pokedex means nothing.
Platinum pokedex had completely normal, ordinary pokemon after the legendaries and mythicals. Even the Platinum updated pokedex left out Regigigas, Heatran and Cresselia. They can have any number of UBs, legendaries and whatever else and just not have them in the pokedex.

Yeah, the Platinum Dex did that, but the Platinum Dex was a lazy, haphazard improvisation that just stapled all of the new additions onto the back-end. That’s pretty clearly not what’s going on here, with new Pokémon being properly injected all throughout the existing Alola Dex.

Some people are saying that the USUM shipments will come in the stores tomorrow,this might happen for real,or they are lying? I saw different people saying this so...

Also,talking about this,IF THIS IS TRUE :v we might have everything tomorrow (Need the ost-)
/vp/ - Hello everyone. Tomorrow (November 7th) is the day - Pokémon - 4chan

It just got 404ed, that was insanely fast lol

They teased more forms/UB in a video on Nintendo UK channel, so i’m pretty sure we’re getting something... but unfortunatly, i doubt it’s a new Alolan form (Wich is really stupid). Probably just a new form for Necrozma or something like that.

Also, I thought Silver was referring to Red and Ethan when he says Giovanni lost to a couple of trainers, but I could be wrong about that.

Just to clarify, he was referring to Blue and Red (as they both would have had to beat Giovanni in order to challenge the League). The Legacy is based on the 00:40 to 02:25 section of this event from HGSS, in which Ethan and Lyra are taken back in time by Celebi to three years before the events of their own story - or to put it another way, they travel to a time very soon after Giovanni was defeated by Red - so it would be literally impossible for Silver to be referring to Giovanni’s defeat at the hands of Ethan/Lyra, because from his perspective, that wouldn’t happen until three years later.

Just to clarify, he was referring to Blue and Red (as they both would have had to beat Giovanni in order to challenge the League). The Legacy is based on the 00:40 to 02:25 section of this event from HGSS, in which Ethan and Lyra are taken back in time by Celebi to three years before the events of their own story - or to put it another way, they travel to a time very soon after Giovanni was defeated by Red - so it would be literally impossible for Silver to be referring to Giovanni’s defeat at the hands of Ethan/Lyra, because from his perspective, that wouldn’t happen until three years later.

Ah, so the first scene of the event happens right before Giovanni disappears and TR later goes looking for him, and that first scene is what is shown in the The Legacy episode. I get it now!

Ah, so the first scene of the event happens right before Giovanni disappears and TR later goes looking for him, and that first scene is what is shown in the The Legacy episode. I get it now!

Correct.

The second scene in the event takes place during the Radio Tower takeover. Consequently, this means that Ethan/Lyra are battling Giovanni in Tohjo Falls at the exact moment that their younger selves are liberating the Radio Tower from the rest of Team Rocket. But that’s time-travel for you.

On a tangential note, I wonder if “Silver” is the name they would actually use for him if he appeared in the games. Much as we like to say it’s his “canonical” name, I don’t think they have ever established that in any official capacity.

Back
Top Bottom