• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Alolan Muk gets Recycle though.. Acid armor, Recycle, (poison move of your choice) and Knock off with Gluttony and a confusion berry.. what could possibly go wrong with this set?
ezgif-2-a330e656b1.png

Oh well, I guess I'm one of the few who is quite content with the datamine leaks, new pokemon/UBs and their typings.

I'd say I'm mostly content, aside from a few gripes. I was really expecting the new Gym building to be more involved... not PWT-level or anything, but still, more than just a one-off Trick Master room modeled after Surge's Gym...

And Giovanni's role in the story just flat-out sucks. Frankly, if that's the best he's got, then he deserves to play second fiddle to Ghetsis.

I also don't love that Poipole is given so late and that Type: Null is still a post-game gift. And I don't have very high hopes for being able to access Sensu Oricorio, Crabominable, or Vikavolt any earlier either, which would all be a shame.

And lastly, my form-collecting heart weeps at the seeming lack of availability for Original Color Magearna, the inexplicable meaninglessness of the Spiky-eared Pichu sprite in SM, and the epic tease of Eternally Beta'd Floette's new Dex entry. Maybe they'll finally give it to us 2996 years from now... :cry:

Disappointed on having no new Alolan forms truly a missed opportunity. Let's just hope that the concept will stay though, and new games will bring more regional variants.

But I have to say, the new mythical/whatever it is. The cat one, kind of makes up for it. It looks pretty cool. I'm not always a fan of the bipedal canines and felines, but this one is pretty cool looking. Yeah it would be cooler Electric/Fighting, but I'll take it, since Electric's my favorite type, and cats are my favorite animals.

I think the UB sticky evo is cool too. Yeah, dragon is overused, but hey it least it looks like a cool Pokemon. Someone sai it looks like the ultra wormhole encounters weren't shiny locked. Is that the same for the UBs too? Because that sounds awesome, Id really love to shiny hunt some of these guys. Never shiny hunted a legendary before either, so that will be fun.

New Necrozma form is kind of meh to me. I'll wait for official art, but whatever.

Seeing the dex is nice though, I want to hold myself back from building a team though. For Sun and Moon I built up my two teams before hand, but now I want to go in and just see what I like, though I am starting with my little sphericle bird this time around, since I played Litten for Sun and Popplio for Moon. Hey, I may even get Ultra Sun day one as well, if they have a copy left. I don't think I'll reserve it though, because I'm still unsure whether or not I'll want it day 1.

I'd say I'm mostly content, aside from a few gripes. I was really expecting the new Gym building to be more involved... not PWT-level or anything, but still, more than just a one-off Trick Master room modeled after Surge's Gym...

And Giovanni's role in the story just flat-out sucks. Frankly, if that's the best he's got, then he deserves to play second fiddle to Ghetsis.

I also don't love that Poipole is given so late and that Type: Null is still a post-game gift. And I don't have very high hopes for being able to access Sensu Oricorio, Crabominable, or Vikavolt any earlier either, which would all be a shame.

And lastly, my form-collecting heart weeps at the seeming lack of availability for Original Color Magearna, the inexplicable meaninglessness of the Spiky-eared Pichu sprite in SM, and the epic tease of Eternally Beta'd Floette's new Dex entry. Maybe they'll finally give it to us 2996 years from now... :cry:
When in the story is Poipole given to us?

Looking at the island scan list, I'm sad that the mons that were taking off it weren't placed in the regional dex instead. Was hoping for Solosis and Venipede to be available now, but nope :(

Also interesting to note: even though Slurpuff was shown in the latest trailers, it's nowhere to be found in the regional dex...
Wait, does this mean we can't use them in VGC18? What if we transfer them using the PokéBank and then breed them again - will the Alola stamp show this way?

Houdoom(Mega): Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself.
Sableye(Mega): Bathed in the energy of Mega Evolution, the gemstone on its chest expands, rips through its skin, and falls out.
Mawile(Mega): It has an extremely vicious disposition. It grips prey in its two sets of jaws and tears them apart with raw power.
Glad we still have dark entries for Megas. Added the dex entries to the OP.

Considering Lillie has only 1 Pokemon, I guess we'll be battling her in the post champion scene before the credits??

Oh.. that's a bummer..
I kind of expected to not be able to use poipole in my first game, but i play multiple games, so i’ll have to see where i can fit him in on my second. I just hope the whole necrozma subplot isn’t too difficult to get through.
One thing i will say about poipole and the electric cat; for me at least, they’ve kind of rendered electabuzz and dragalge pointless.

From what I know, everything that is caught and bred in Alola, will be allowed to be used. So breeding it should be fine :D
I’m still wondering if we’ll be able to link trade between sun/moon, and ultra S/M,or if we’ll have to use pokemon bank.

I’m still wondering if we’ll be able to link trade between sun/moon, and ultra S/M,or if we’ll have to use pokemon bank.
USM will be compatible with SM, they're all part of the same generation. USM-exclusive Pokémon and Necrozma's forms can't be traded to SM, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom