• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Trials? "Get your Z on!"

I wonder if there might be more as well. Like, I can see a Lunatone/Solrock Trial in Haina Desert, a new ice Trial before the league, and a Toucannon Flying Trial in Ten Carat Hill. All optional obviously.
i mean, optional trials are inconsistent with how they've set them up so i doubt there'll be any more trials (or totems) other than the eight.
They could do optional Totem bosses to give us more content. I agree with you about there not being more than eight trials though. I mean, if Vast Poni Canyon in SM taught us anything, it's that you don't need a corresponding Trial Captain to have a Totem Pokémon.

Could they? Absolutely! Will they? I doubt it.

They could do optional Totem bosses to give us more content. I agree with you about there not being more than eight trials though. I mean, if Vast Poni Canyon in SM taught us anything, it's that you don't need a corresponding Trial Captain to have a Totem Pokémon.

Could they? Absolutely! Will they? I doubt it.
i think you're glossing over a couple of things though. yes, the Poni trial shows that you can have a Totem but no Captain. what it doesn't answer, however, is can you have a Totem but no Trial? the game notes that despite not having a Captain, it's still a Trial, and allegedly the first trial to boot. elsewise Ilima, Mina, and Molayne all together show that the Captain plays some role in their Totem: Ilima explains that he trained the Raticate/Gumshoos, Mina has no trial and thus no totem, and there is no wandering Steel-type totem (let alone any other former trial site) so former Captains likely have some role in a post-captain clean-up.

and really, the other kicker is that every Z-Crystal is given out in the story aside from Flying (which looks like Kahili will give you that in USUM at Vast Canyon), Psychic, and Ice. so although possible, definitely doesn't seem like they would do it.

Well, I couldn't resist...I just looked at the story text datamine to see what Mina's Trial is going to be like.

I won't spoil it for you guys, but I will say that:

a) it is definitely not at all what I was expecting it to be
b) a Totem Comfey would have been PERFECT...I honestly have no idea why they went with Ribombee. :rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't resist...I just looked at the story text datamine to see what Mina's Trial is going to be like.

I won't spoil it for you guys, but I will say that:

a) it is definitely not at all what I was expecting it to be
b) a Totem Comfey would have been PERFECT...I honestly have no idea why they went with Ribombee. :rolleyes:
Maybe because Comfey isn't exactly an offensive Pokemon? If we're going by previous Totem Pokemon trends.

Maybe because Comfey isn't exactly an offensive Pokemon? If we're going by previous Totem Pokemon trends.

Maybe, but I still think it would have made much more sense given what you actually do in the Trial. And like I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's sort of a Double Battle oriented Pokémon anyway, so I think it would've synced really well with a partner Pokémon like Florges (although Ribombee is very good in Doubles too).

Also, as for the updated Ghost-type Trial...

It looks like it's probably not actually Acerola screaming "Get out!" at you over and over again, but rather the Totem Mimikyu or another Ghost-type Pokémon speaking through an illusion of her.

Spoilers for Mina's trial
Basically you first battle Mina, and then she sends you on a fetch quest to get a petal from each trial captain. Some of them you will have to battle. I know you have to battle Ilima, Lana, and Kiawe. Nanu takes Acerola's place, because she's already left for the Elite 4. You will have to battle Nanu. After you get all petals from Ilima, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, and Nanu, Mina will assemble a rainbow flower and it will attract the Totem Ribombee.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom