• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

They could use the totems as held items and let them evolve that way.. Though I doubt they're going to just ban them from things like vgc if they are allowing the Kanto forms in USUM..

3 questions in wanna ask cause in very curious as i read the scripts:

1. Is dusk lycanroc breedable to get more duck lycanrocs?
2. Is N-solarizer/N-lunarizer available in both games or just one of them? Making the mascots game exclusive?
3. Can we rebattle the trial captains multiple times in this game?

1. As I understand it, yes you can breed more Dusks
2. You receive both Izers
3. Don’t know about this one. I’ve heard you can rebattle some of them in the Kantonian Gym but I don’t have any details on that

Wormhole lists for legendaries. If you want UB worlds, you want to go for white ones.

Also the Warp Ride uses gyroscope controls. If you want to change it to the circle pad there's an Aether member in Heahea City that will change it.

Thanks! going for blue ones now only, want kyogre .

I'm not sure if this will be considered a spoiler, so I'll put it in spoiler tags

If it doesn't load just click the link to go to Twitter. Look through all the images, it's pretty interesting

View: https://twitter.com/PP_theSLAYER/status/929627937749348352

Also related to this

Guzzlord's world theme is a reversed version of the Hau'oli City theme.

I'm not sure if this will be considered a spoiler, so I'll put it in spoiler tags

If it doesn't load just click the link to go to Twitter. Look through all the images, it's pretty interesting

View: https://twitter.com/PP_theSLAYER/status/929627937749348352

Also related to this

Guzzlord's world theme is a reversed version of the Hau'oli City theme.

Oh man I knew about the lore and the music there but I’d only seen one really small picture until now... those are brilliant!

Wait. Since National Dex is not in the game, then does that mean all those legendaries we catch won't get in-game dex entries?? If yes, then that kinda seems stupid. Is there any reason GF doesn't want the National Dex inside the games?

Wait. Since National Dex is not in the game, then does that mean all those legendaries we catch won't get in-game dex entries?? If yes, then that kinda seems stupid. Is there any reason GF doesn't want the National Dex inside the games?

My guess would be data management? Sorry if i am wrong

Is there any reason GF doesn't want the National Dex inside the games?

Essentially it’s to make the task of completing the Pokédex feel less daunting and more attainable. They’ve talked about how the total number of Pokémon has become too high and how they wanted to recreate the feeling of Red & Blue where there was just a simple matter of one Pokédex that you could (mostly) complete on your own.

Dragalge (UM) / Clawitzer (US), and Golurk (US) seem to be more version exclusives.

I'm not sure what is paired with Golurk, it seems like it could be either Baltoy or Bisharp.

Essentially it’s to make the task of completing the Pokédex feel less daunting and more attainable. They’ve talked about how the total number of Pokémon has become too high and how they wanted to recreate the feeling of Red & Blue where there was just a simple matter of one Pokédex that you could (mostly) complete on your own.
That's all well and good, but I don't believe it helps when we know that this one Pokédex doesn't catalog every known species. Even RS gave us the opportunity to complete the National Pokédex and that was a legitimately impossible task at the time.

That's all well and good, but I don't believe it helps when we know that this one Pokédex doesn't catalog every known species. Even RS gave us the opportunity to complete the National Pokédex and that was a legitimately impossible task at the time.

I think a good way to compromise on these views would be to put the National Dex in the game, for those who want to complete it, but not lock any items like the Shiny Charm behind it. It's kind of a pain to complete, and while those who want to be able to look at their game and see that they've captured every Pokemon should be accommodated, it's unreasonable to ask everyone to do it just to get a specific item.

Dragalge (UM) / Clawitzer (US), and Golurk (US) seem to be more version exclusives.

I'm not sure what is paired with Golurk, it seems like it could be either Baltoy or Bisharp.
I think Baltoy/ Claydol makes more sense based on the typing tbh

what fossils are in what version, do we have info on that?
Tyrunt will probably be in US I hope so since I am buying that.

What about Island Scan? Does it still depend on the day and place? A lot of pokemon I want to use depend on Island Scan

what fossils are in what version, do we have info on that?
Tyrunt will probably be in US I hope so since I am buying that.

What about Island Scan? Does it still depend on the day and place? A lot of pokemon I want to use depend on Island Scan

For fossils it's:

US: Omanyte (Helix), Anorith (Claw), Cranidos (Skull), Tirtouga (Cover), Tyrunt (Jaw)
UM: Kabuto (Dome), Lileep (Root), Shieldon (Armor), Archen (Plume), Amaura (Sail)

I haven't seen any details on Island Scan except for the Pokemon available through it, so I can't help there.

i mean, that was also well over ten years ago.

that being said i don't really get why it was excluded this time around. even though i don't care about it, it should've been included simply because USUM is the last game on the 3DS. that and it makes a lot less sense to stuff in all these extra Pokemon without giving us a national dex.

I mean personally, I don’t really care one way or the other if it’s in the game; I’ve got my Living Dex finished + access to Bulbapedia so what do I really need it for, but I would imagine that Game Freak made that decision more with younger/newer players in mind.

I'm really impressed with the simplicity of this solution. It just makes so much sense.

It does leave the question of how we'll get Alola Forms in future regions, though. I don't think they're going to bring back riding legendaries across the multiverse in future games (expect maybe the inevitable Sinnoh remakes).
They could just add like a special safari zone with Alola's climate where you can catch all the Alola forms and cases such as Exeggcute, Cubone and Pikachu would evolve into their regional variants if you evolved them there. Besides, if they add more regional variants in the future (for example Sinnoh forms in those probable DP remakes) this could be a solution, including different zones, for each region that has its own variants, where you can find them.

They could just add like a special safari zone with Alola's climate where you can catch all the Alola forms and cases such as Exeggcute, Cubone and Pikachu would evolve into their regional variants if you evolved them there. Besides, if they add more regional variants in the future (for example Sinnoh forms in those probable DP remakes) this could be a solution, including different zones, for each region that has its own variants, where you can find them.

Or maybe a trainer or special character from the region who will trade you an Alolan form for the regular version? Although I personally prefer your safari zone idea, there are lots of different ways of keeping those forms available.

As a more on topic comment, I am disappointed that there were no new Alolan forms and that there are only a handful of new monsters in general, but it still marks a significant shift in tradition by even adding in any new Pokemon mid-generation. And while I am disappointed in the lack of these, the datamine has saved me from being disappointed during or following my initial play through, and I think it would have hit me worse had I not seen the leaks.

could also just be a breeding mechanic with an item. you know have one of the parents hold say the strange souvenir and then boom, alolan vulpix. what will be interesting is how they deal with ones like Cubone and Pikachu which only evolve into alolan formes and are not born one. (although i don't know how they set up those kinds of evolutions anyways.)

Back
Top Bottom