• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Dividing Peak Tunnel is between route 7 and 8 apparently. So I think it's that big tunnel near Wela Volcano (in the distance below), and they just turned it into a little area.

7.jpg

So they bother to do that but not give Wela itself some insides? Blegh.

I remember when I first arrived at Wela and I was in disbelief when I pretty much teleported to the top of the mountain like that. I thought I was in for a dungeon. Now that I think of it it would've been nice if the trial was a dungeon of sort.

The BEST of UB Adhesive Evo is 540. Too little for a UB if UBs are considered Legendaries.

(And Phione is considered a Mythical, its BEST is 480, mediocre for a Mythical. Phione should have been the pre-evolution of Manaphy).

BTW, all this talk about USUM being basically SM is making me regret pre-ordering the game from eShop.

Not a fan of the Lurantis outfit being so revealing, especially with FeMC being 11 or so >>

Can we actually talk about this though? This has been getting worse and worse each generation. I get that Alola is tropical and I'll be the first to defend reveling outfits if I think it fits the theme of the region. I remember some people had some issues with Mays outfit saying it was to much but that I could at least see as something someone would wear to keep cool. That Lurantis outfit is so obviously wifu bait it's disturbing. This might have still been at least somewhat defendabul if they had left the characters ages vauge. But no, we know for a fact that they are 11 and that makes it all the worse.

I get that Japan has a different culture regarding these things but that defense only goes so far

Very disappointed in Game Freak with Stakataka. They missed a huge opportunity here-it could have been Ghost/Steel, or even Ghost/Rock, for some unique defensive typing. But no. They just love making Rock/Steel types with insanely high defenses undermined by two 4x weaknesses. Its lack of recovery is also strange, given its Jenga-like design. Recover would make so much sense.

And lastly, they give its counterpart a neat signature move, but not Stakataka itself.

Stakataka isn't even the only one in my opinion. 3 of the new Pokemon would've been great fits for 3 unused type combinations: Stakataka - Rock/Ghost (as you said), Blacephalon - Fire/Fairy, and the worst offender of all: Zeraora - Electric/Fighting. Zeraora's signature move is Plasma FISTS and its Pokedex entry describes its FIGHTING spirit. I literally can't understand how these obvious improvements/innovations fall through the cracks at GameFreak.

Stakataka isn't even the only one in my opinion. 3 of the new Pokemon would've been great fits for 3 unused type combinations: Stakataka - Rock/Ghost (as you said), Blacephalon - Fire/Fairy, and the worst offender of all: Zeraora - Electric/Fighting. Zeraora's signature move is Plasma FISTS and its Pokedex entry describes its FIGHTING spirit. I literally can't understand how these obvious improvements/innovations fall through the cracks at GameFreak.

Yeah, I don't get why Game Freak is so resistant to using new type combos with this game, especially with a limited number of new Pokemon that they're trying to promote. I know that they don't want to burn through them too quickly, but you'd have figured at least 1 of the new Pokemon would've had a new combination.

I remember when I first arrived at Wela and I was in disbelief when I pretty much teleported to the top of the mountain like that. I thought I was in for a dungeon. Now that I think of it it would've been nice if the trial was a dungeon of sort.

My thoughts exactly... the emptiness of Wela Volcano is easily one of my biggest gripes with SM/USUM. Taking a literal mountain, the best place for a dungeon, and making it a teleport rather than making any semblance of a cave to traverse the insides... it's unheard of prior to SM.

While I'm disappointed with Stakataka (yay, kudos for having the highest damaging Gyro Ball *clap*), I am pretty impressed with Lycanroc Dusk. With the combination of a new ability in Tough Claws, priority STAB in Accelerock, new moves like Drill Run and an exclusive Z-move of Splintered Stormshards, this mon can tear apart a lot of opponents at +2. Rock, Fire, and Ground coverage is able to hit everything that resists Rock for Super Effective damage in return (for the most part), making it difficult to switch into while also being a threat to anything slower.

Something also pretty cool is that Lycanroc is able to make good use of Stomping Tantrum. Rock type moves are known for their lackluster accuracy (i.e. "Stone Miss"), so Stomping Tantrum being able to double in power gives Lycanroc an 150 BP move that is still boosted by Tough Claws. Although highly situational, this can be exploited in real game scenarios like when Stone Edge or Rock Slide miss.

The only thing holding it back would be its horrible defenses-getting off a Swords Dance won't be easy. I also wish Game Freak would have given it a base speed of at least 111 rather 110, but oh well. :p

I'm super stoked about raising one in-game as well as competitively for full battles.

-looks at the changes for Zebstrika- wow not even getting Stomping Tantrum as a tutor move.. I don't understand why they don't like giving nice things to this pokemon.. It's one the pokemon that looks good on paper.. until you look at it's movepool.. :/
Something also pretty cool is that Lycanroc is able to make good use of Stomping Tantrum. Rock type moves are known for their lackluster accuracy (i.e. "Stone Miss"), so Stomping Tantrum being able to double in power gives Lycanroc an 150 BP move that is still boosted by Tough Claws. Although highly situational, this can be exploited in real game scenarios like when Stone Edge or Rock Slide miss.
It'll be a lot more useful in Doubles with that speed.. unless Orange doggo gets knocked out they are taking an equivalent of a decent powered Z move with a 195 power move (tough claws boosting the 150 to 195) although at it's base form with Tough claws already it's a slightly weaker Earthquake at 97 base power and doesn't miss unlike Drill run.. both are very viable on Duskroc.. (drill run is 104 base with Tough Claws..

I'm seeing quite a few nice things I'd like to try out in doubles format lol. Also why didn't Comfey get Giga drain from the start?

Dividing Peak Tunnel is between route 7 and 8 apparently. So I think it's that big tunnel near Wela Volcano (in the distance below), and they just turned it into a little area.

7.jpg
Wait, so let me get this straight. Game Freak decided that it was a good idea to add a little useless tunnel that didn't need to be a separate are, allowing that to take up room for a possible vist of the insides to Wela Volcano Park?

...The more I look at this, the more I start to think that Game Freak wasted most of their time on the Alolan Photo Club instead of more important aspects of this revision. They really have put more style than substance in their games lately.

My thoughts exactly... the emptiness of Wela Volcano is easily one of my biggest gripes with SM/USUM. Taking a literal mountain, the best place for a dungeon, and making it a teleport rather than making any semblance of a cave to traverse the insides... it's unheard of prior to SM.

I was quite upset when that happened not once, but twice. You'd expect that to be fixed in the remade Sun and Moon if they were able to add new areas. Also, STILL not giving access to the golf course. It's already in the game!
But the worst is Ultra Megalopolis not being a city like its namesake, and just an empty corridor. That was awful

Hey all, I have a question about Necrozma (form and Z-Move) in USUM.

When Necrozma Dusk/Dawn transforms into Ultra Necrozma, is the change temporary like Mega-Evolution or semi-permanent like Kyurem Black/White?

Hey all, I have a question about Necrozma (form and Z-Move) in USUM.

When Necrozma Dusk/Dawn transforms into Ultra Necrozma, is the change temporary like Mega-Evolution or semi-permanent like Kyurem Black/White?

It's activated by an icon you click on in battle just like Mega Evolution, so I would assume it's temporary.

So it seems we got a list of version exclusive Totem-sized Pokemon. At least for Ultra Moon.

- Alolan Raticate (20 Stickers)
- Araquanid (40 Stickers)
- Salazzle (50 Stickers)
- Togedemaru (70 Stickers)
- Mimikyu (80 Stickers)
- Kommo-o (100 Stickers)

We already know Totem-sized Lurantis is Ultra Sun-only, but this confirms Gumshoos, Alolan Marowak, Vikavolt, and Ribombee are exclusive to Ultra Sun. Only thing I'm questioning is - what's the Totem that's in both versions? I'm gonna throw a guess and say it's Mimikyu - since it doesn't really have a counterpart (Gumshoos/Raticate, Lurantis/Salazzle, likely Araquanid/Marowak, likely Vikavolt/Togedemaru, and likely Kommo-o/Ribombee, since they're the only ones on Poni Island).

Back
Top Bottom