• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Ending Credits?

Favorite Ending Credits?

• RGBY

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • GSC

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • RSE

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • DPPt

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • HGSS

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • BW

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • B2W2

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • XY

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • ORAS

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • SM

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • USUM

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • LGPE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
After you become the league champion (or in the case of BW, defeat Team Plasma), you get to sit through the ending credits. While the early versions simply displayed the name of the people involved in creating the games (and thus was shorter), the later games added extra scenes or even a song (as in XY) so that the ending credits aren't boring. Which is your favorite?

My personal favorite is ORAS. It is such a nice touch to show the course of your journey with your main pokemon and other characters. From the first ever battle against Poochyena to the champion battle against Steven, it was like skimming through a travel diary.

Close behind is B2W2 for showing the protagonist going home from the league, and meeting up with the NPCs as they go on a victory tour. It's a great way to celebrate your championship title achievement.

Last edited:
For me the credits is all about the music that plays. And the best one for me is ORAS. It's got the original credits theme, plus they put in a small medley of the various town themes. It's very beautiful. Also, I was thrilled to find that it was one of the pieces arranged for the Pokémon Synphonic Evolutions concert set that I went to see.

I honestly can't even say I remember any ther games' credits, which to me means they aren't as good and memorable. Just my personal opinion though.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, approaches the combined magnificence of the BW and B2W2 credits.

Like, I think XY's is nice (love me some concept art on stained papyrus set to slow brass), and SM's is really sweet even though the music is repetitive. HGSS's credits sequence is fairly cute, too. And I am always impressed by the record-keeping of ORAS's credits, although I'm not a big fan of the medley music.

But BW's gets me fucking pumped, and no other credits theme is like it. It's such a cathartic energy coming right off of the epic climax to the story, and N's departure... just... the very second that those initial drums chime when he says "Farewell"... oh man. I don't even care that the actual sequence is just a close-up pan around the opposite dragon mascot. Looks fucking majestic anyway. Plus we get a short post-credits scene, which, although it wasn't really the intention, I think is another nice little formula breaker and harbinger of the sequels.

B2W2's is the other end of the spectrum. While BW's credits were very triumphant and proud, B2W2 are more reflective and quiet. Starting with the small scene in which we're seen off by the Elite Four and Iris (I love that they stand in the shape of a V, for Gen V - nice touch), with fireworks juxtaposed against a soft melody, the sequence then embarks on a series of screenshots, of us tracing our path backwards through the region. Each screenshot is its own charming little moment that manages to say a lot despite being a still image - Drayden clearing up the ice from Kyurem's attack, Clay mediating a conversation between Hugh and Old Plasma, another model show with Elesa, a parade with Burgh in Castelia (Beat'cha to it, XY! And we got a sweet ride!), Cheren rebattling Alder with Bianca nearby ( :cry: ), all while the music alternates between gentle, poignant xylophonic tunes and more impassioned, heartfelt electric guitar. And then a full-screen image of N and his dragon looking out at a far-off star in the morning sky (part of the reason why I like that Hildabert don't appear in these games is because of the power that it lends to this image), and then finally, we return home.

Last edited:
I really like HGSS... Like, the whole game, and the credits are cute.
Been a while since I played the fifth gen, so I don't quite remember.
SM is the one I most liked, probally, since it's all really cute photos. They are all so pretty *-*
About ORAS... I had forgotten about it, but it really is cool about how they show which Pokémon you used against each gym leader and everything.
Aahhh, remember that time against Roxanne, and I fought her with my Relaxed Treecko? Then in this other battle, I used Mawile! And then Mawile, in this other battle I used... Mawile...
Mawile Mawile Mawile Mawile OH GOD I ONLY USED MEGA MAWILE THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME WTF

I feel like in general Pokemon games have nice ending credits. HGSS and ORAS were nice. I liked the concept art style used for XY too. It felt in place. However BW, B2W2 and SM are something else. SM feels bittersweet and B2W2 adds a little to the various characters. Even if its not very much, it still feels cool. And BW are just amazing. It's just so energetic and given the context, feels like an epic conclusion.

ORAS, hands down, has the best credits in the whole series. The remix of the original RSE credits theme was absolutely beautiful and managed to be even better, and the way it recaptured your journey - showing every major battle and who you won it with - was so touching and perfect. ORAS credits are the caliber of endgame credits that every game should strive for.

I have to agree I really liked the ORAS credits, simply cause they showed your Pokémon and which battles you won with them, that was a really nice touch.

Though BW gets a honorary mention for using the most epic credit music ever, making me feel all 'hell yeah that was some adventure!'.

The other credits mostly just show the protagonist or other characters doing stuff and that's great and all, but ORAS was better as it showed your adventure specifically so it was more satisfying to watch.

RSE is a very sad nostalgia trip.

HGSS is very fun to watch with all the character dynamics, and makes good use of the walking Pokemon feature.

XY has a very good music that really communicates the theme of union across the world.

ORAS, for reasons stated above. It frustrates me that we can't save Battle Videos of important battles, through.

RSE showed off all of the Pokémon registered in your Pokedex, which ORAS took to the next level by showing your Pokémon at key moments during the plot (the Poochyena fight, boss battles, etc). I really liked how both credits were pretty much a slideshow of the player's journey.
BW is my overall favourite in terms of music. It's so grand, and I really love the drums (I think) near the beginning.

I'll go with ORAS as well. Great song, perhaps the RSE version was a bit better than the ORAS one music-wise, but the imagery used in ORAS around the Hoenn map was great.
Sun/Moon is my close second and I guess B2W2 was nice too, but ORAS was my best.

I prefer the original RSE ending over ORAS, especially since there is little to no nostalgia in ORAS for me. RSE had all the Pokemon you battled with appear at one point, and RSE also had the memorable bike ride with May/Brendan. The only thing that RSE didn't have was the final battle between May and Brendan, but that was just a piece of cake.
Honestly I was highly disappointed in the ORAS ending.

Second would be Sun/Moon's. I fully enjoyed the game and the ending just blew me away. The song is also my favorite out of all the themes, but I felt like it kinda lacked something compared to RSE's

The music of the RGBY ending and the remix in FRLG are my personal favorites. RSE made me a bit emotional since the last Pokemon they show you is the one you started with. GSC is probably my third fave. I loved the music.

I've always loved GSC and HGSS for the cute dancing Pokemon. Having all the characters come out and interact with each other is always great to see.

I love how intense the music for BW is. The simple background is pretty effective and then it zooms out since it was just a close up of the dragon legendary which is very cool.

I actually really love that song that you can sing to for XY and how it tied together all the themes of these games.

It was cool how ORAS showed you the highlights of some your important fights though it did make me regret using my starter against every important trainer's signature Pokemon.

SM's is full of such wonderful pictures of all the friends we made along the way accompanied by some great music. That last picture with Lillie and Nebby and the last words she leaves us off with never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

"I'm so glad I got to meet everyone."
"I'm so glad I got to meet you."
:cry:

Last edited:
My personal favourite is RSE because the music is beautiful and gives off a nostalgic feeling of the journey that has ended. Although I really like the visuals and the ideas behind the ending in ORAS, I was very disappointed, nearly upset, that they mixed in the various town themes. I just wanted an updated version of the original song, not a remix. :cry:

A close second are the BW and SM ending themes. The BW ending theme is simply epic. Just like someone else mentioned, the way it plays after the climax of the story and N's farewell it really makes you think "wow what an adventure this was!". The SM ending evokes similar feelings as the RSE/ORAS ending theme. The only difference is that SM's theme doesn't carry RSE's personal childhood nostalgia.

Honorable mention: XY. I don't like the music that much but I absolutely love the lyrics.

"You and I were born
right here in the same world.
For this one brief life,
we're beneath the same sky."

"In our brief lives,
we've managed to meet.
Treasure this gift,
this precious time that we have."

After you become the league champion (or in the case of BW, defeat Team Plasma), you get to sit through the ending credits. While the early versions simply displayed the name of the people involved in creating the games (and thus was shorter), the later games added extra scenes or even a song (as in XY) so that the ending credits aren't boring. Which is your favorite?

My personal favorite is ORAS. It is such a nice touch to show the course of your journey with your main pokemon and other characters. From the first ever battle against Poochyena to the champion battle against Steven, it was like skimming through a travel diary.

Close behind is B2W2 for showing the protagonist going home from the league, and meeting up with the NPCs as they go on a victory tour. It's a great way to celebrate your championship title achievement.
I agree, ORAS credits touched me the most. It was especially emotional when you get to the credits after any kind of -locke and you remember your journey with your fallen and surviving pokepals.

And once again, I agree with BW2 being second, pretty nice touch.

My least favorite credits are USUM hands down.
Literal recycle of Crystal credits with worse music

I love the Sun and Moon credits the most. I loved seeing all those photos of everyone we met through out journey and that amazing music playing in the background really made me feel like I accomplished something big. The ORAS credits were also pretty good. I like how they worked in city themes into the music and I did like how they showed your trainer and their Pokemon at key moments in the game.

ORAS's credits are easily the best and most memorable for me. Showing the highlights of your entire journey, specifically the major battles and the Pokemon you won them with, is just the best way to end off the long journey you had. I'm honestly disappointed that they haven't done anything like this since then. I'd love to see it in a future game.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom