• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

Hi everyone we were just wondering if we could ask for feedback or suggestions for the Art Gallery's contests?
The contests are struggling a bit for participants at the moment and we were wondering if we could try something different that may make them more popular, if you have any ideas of how we could improve or new ideas we could try please feel free send a PM or post suggestions in the general chat.

Sadly, I don't have the time to submit artwork on what I usually regard as short notice. If it is something that allows those that had been uploaded in the threads before, then I would love to participate. Or even a best art of the month/season/year thing.

I’ve actually thought about a new challenge, which I think could be quite fun.

Do you know about the “Caption The Above Screenshot” game, where people post an image and an user below has to write a quote related to that picture?

So, I suggest swapping that game and creating a “Draw The Above Caption” challenge, where an user draws something related to the previous quote (doesn’t have to be anything complex, even a quick sketch works) and then post their own quote.

This could help people improve their drawing skills by drawing characters in different circumstances and with different expressions.

Say, what type of quotes were you thinking of, Cresselia?

Oh, could be any kind of quote, ranging from some movie reference to something made on the spot. The more ambiguous and open the quote will be, the more creative the drawing could become.

The only limit would be avoiding inappropriate quotes or potentially inappropriate references, that’s it.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Umbreon_Christmas_Drawing.png

Back
Top Bottom