• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Here's the abilities the Totem-sized Pokemon have

US Totems
- Gumshoos has Adaptability (HA)
- A-Marowak has Rock Head (HA)
- Lurantis has Leaf Guard
- Ribombee has Sweet Veil (HA)

UM Totems
- A-Raticate has Thick Fat (HA)
- Araquanid has Water Bubble
- Salazzle has Corrosion
- Togedemaru has Sturdy (HA)
- Kommo-o has Overcoat (HA)

Of course, Vikavolt is exclusive to Ultra Sun and is stuck with Levitate as expected, Mimikyu's available in both versions.

Here's the abilities the Totem-sized Pokemon have

US Totems
- Gumshoos has Adaptability (HA)
- A-Marowak has Rock Head (HA)
- Lurantis has Leaf Guard
- Ribombee has Sweet Veil (HA)

UM Totems
- A-Raticate has Thick Fat (HA)
- Araquanid has Water Bubble
- Salazzle has Corrosion
- Togedemaru has Sturdy (HA)
- Kommo-o has Overcoat (HA)

Of course, Vikavolt is exclusive to Ultra Sun and is stuck with Levitate as expected, Mimikyu's available in both versions.
Wait, so Mina's trial is exclusive to US?

So what exactly can we do for post-game, aside from one-off events, Worm Holes and Battle Tree? Mantine Surf seems like something I'll have a lot of fun playing, but I'm hoping there's some other stuff to keep me occupied?

still sad that the only new ub is poipole's evo. wish they could've done at least another pair.

Um... no, they did. Stakataka and Blacephalon are also new UBs, not just Poipole and Naganadel...

Unless you mean in addition to them, at which point I'd have to ask why? There's already plenty.

Um... no, they did. Stakataka and Blacephalon are also new UBs, not just Poipole and Naganadel...

Unless you mean in addition to them, at which point I'd have to ask why? There's already plenty.
Honestly, I'd be up for more. UBs are a concept we likely might not see again, so it'd be great to explore them more. Plus we didn't get any new Alolan forms, and having more Pokemon is always a good thing in my book. It gives us more to play with.

UBs are a concept we likely might not see again

Potentially, but things like telling us that Poipole is a starter Pokemon in the UB world, and Giovanni planning to use wormholes to attack another world, and so on, make me think they're leaving the door open for more.

Potentially, but things like telling us that Poipole is a starter Pokemon in the UB world, and Giovanni planning to use wormholes to attack another world, and so on, make me think they're leaving the door open for more.
Honestly though, this franchise is pretty infamous for dropping things or not following up on them any time soon. I don't trust Game Freak. And they could have covered the UB starter stuff in USUM, easily - the UBs and other worlds are the focus of the game, so it would make perfect sense to cover them now, when they're directly in the spotlight. And as I said, this game disappointed me by not including any more Alola forms, so more UBs would have helped fill the gap.

Agreed. Its model is so shit, and it doesn't look great in the anime. But all the official art makes it look a lot better and more unique.
It's one of many Pokémon whose model doesn't do it justice. Ultra Necrozma also looks so much better in official artwork than its ingame model imo.

pardon me if i didn't clarify that i meant the unrevealed ones, which i thought was obvious, since i mentioned poipole already and was just talking about naganadel, the only new unrevealed one.

well, we have UB01-05 from SM, where 02 and 04 are a pair, and I'd like to assume stakataka and blacephalon, being another pair and version exclusive, is UB06, if the even number being a pair is a pattern. UB07 is poipole and its evo, and another pair UB08 could work and stretch it to a single last UB09. I'm just saying there were still a room for new unrevealed ones. if i recall correctly, SM had only 3 revealed ones before the games were released.. isn't it? (symbiont, beauty and expansion)..?

but oh well, i'll just wait and see how they play out. the datamine looks a lot promising anyhow.

if i recall correctly, SM had only 3 revealed ones before the games were released.. isn't it? (symbiont, beauty and expansion)..?

Nah, they revealed all of the Ultra Beasts before SM were released. It’s just that the reveals for Xurk-Guzzy were drowned out by the datamine.

Well, okay, teeeeeeeeechnically Kartana and Celesteela were revealed on release day, but the Corocoro leaks for that week would have spoiled them anyway if the datamine hadn’t beaten them to it.

Back
Top Bottom