• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

I went with Sun the first time around, so I'm debating on Ultra Moon when USUM releases.

I'm going to buy Visual Novel Maker on Steam when as soon as it's released (Nov. 16th!) I've had it on my wishlist for over a year, so I have been in it for the long haul but now we're in the home stretch and I couldn't be more excited! :D

Up until this very hour I was really certain about getting the Doom port for Switch. Then I learned that there is a day one patch that is 8 GB worth of data, all because it adds multiplayer to the game, a mode that I do not particularly care for and would much rather do without. I was under the impression that multiplayer would be a purely optional download for people who bought the physical copy, and that's how the press made it seem.

I mean, I know that at some point I'm going to have to invest in a bigger microSD card for my Switch, but I never thought I would have to do that for a day one patch of all things. I mean I technically do have enough internal space for it, but 8 GB over the 21 GB I have left is overkill.

Rant over. In short, I'm having second thoughts about getting this.

Pokemon USM but I'll be waiting until Christmas to get it. I also want to get a Switch for a few games that are already out/coming out, like Super Mario Odyssey, FE Warriors, and the upcoming 2018 FE game.

Trying to decide between LoZ: Breath of the Wild or FE: Warriors for a new Switch game to play. Though I'm more of a Fire Emblem fan, I'm leaning toward BotW since it seems like a much more fulfilling game... along with the fact that the FE:W roster still irritates me lol.

Planning on getting The Sims 4 (PS4) for Christmas as well. I always enjoy the console ports of The Sims, and this one being pretty much identical to the PC one is nice too.

I'm not sure if I should get a PS4 or a Switch. I've already asked this on another thread, but I'll get better responses here, so...

I've heard good things about Breath of the Wild, Kingdom Battle, and Oddyssey, but I'm not desperate to play either of them, and in the case of the former, I already have a Wii U. I also have the original version of Mario Kart 8, which I haven't played yet.

As for PS4, I'm interested in - but not desperate to play - the Kingdom Hearts compilation thing, Digimon World: Next Order, and Secret of Mana Remake. My main problem with this collection of games is that they're all the same genre (action RPG), and I'm worried I'll lose dedication and go through a burnout, especially with Kingdom Hearts. Also, I became interested in that series because of the Toy Story trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, and Caddicaurs' reviews of the series. I've heard that Next Order involves a lot of grinding. I've played the original version of Secret of Mana, but got stuck early on. I can't seem to enjoy any SNES game besides Kirby's Dream Land 3, and let's playing that has made me realise it's not as good as I remember.

As for non-ARPG games... Parappa the Rapper 2 is on the PlayStation Store, but you need a subscription for that, and I've already seen two whole-plot-summary reviews and a longplay of it.

I've been really enjoying Xenogears so I did some reading about Xenoblade, wondering if it would finally pique my interest this time, and it did. So now I have to walk the lonely road that is finding a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Damn my insatiable quest for more video games.

Xenoblade 2.
I've been really enjoying Xenogears so I did some reading about Xenoblade, wondering if it would finally pique my interest this time, and it did. So now I have to walk the lonely road that is finding a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Damn my insatiable quest for more video games.
You can buy it digitally for the Wii U if you have one. Don't think you have very much time left for that though.

Last edited:
I became interested in that series because of the Toy Story trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, and Caddicaurs' reviews of the series.
I'm going to warn you now, either play the other games, or watch the cutscenes on YouTube. All of them. Otherwise you'll have no idea at all what's going on (heck some people have played all of the and still claim not to understand it). It's just that kind of series.

I'm going to warn you now, either play the other games, or watch the cutscenes on YouTube. All of them. Otherwise you'll have no idea at all what's going on (heck some people have played all of the and still claim not to understand it). It's just that kind of series.
Honestly, I don't really pay attention to the story. I only got into it because of the Disney stuff.

You can buy it digitally for the Wii U if you have one. Don't think you have very much time left for that though.
IIRC only the DSi Shop and Wii Shop Channel are going down... unless they're also taking down the Nintendo eShop (which covers the 3DS and Wii U at least, not sure about Nintendo Switch). Otherwise, we don't need to worry - Xenoblade Chronicles is purchased through the Wii U's eShop, so it should still be up. Hopefully.

I would definitely grab it before it disappears, though, if it is - it's on there for a stupid cheap price, and due to the nature of the way they programmed it, you can use the GamePad as a substitute for the Classic Controller.

Honestly, I don't really pay attention to the story. I only got into it because of the Disney stuff.
Well yeah, if you're just there to run around beating up bad guys with Donald and Goofy then you can go ahead and play it, but if you care about the story you need to play the others in release order.

I know, and that's why I'm uncertain about playing them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom