• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Other Necrozma Possibilities In-Universe? (Story Spoilers)

Could Necrozma use another Pokémon to Achieve its Goal?

• Definately!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, why not?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Maybe; it depends.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • It's unlikely.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Not a chance.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Those of us who know about USUM's story will be aware of why Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo/Lunala in the first place: as a battery to gain enough energy to return to its former glory and survive. As far as game-play mechanics go, this can only happen with either Solgaleo and Lunala (which is because Game Freak just had to split a third version without a Frontier into two different games for some reason). However, I think Necrozma could use any Pokémon with a lot of energy from an in-universe perspective.

So, if not Solgaleo and Lunala, what alternative hosts do you see Necrozma using? What would be the name of the new form? How about its typing? Do you even think that Necrozma could get enough energy from a different target? Discuss!

EDIT: Added a poll about the possibility of Necrozma being able to use another host for its goal.

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, Necrozma specifically requires light energy and not any other energy. Solgaleo/Lunala are the bearers of light energy, and I'm not sure if any other Pokémon has enough light-lore to be warranted as a power source by Necrozma.

The Original forme of Necrozma should be the same, always the "Light Dragon" stuff.

Only the medium forme varies like Sol-Necro and Luna-Necro.

One other choice could be Ho-oh, which is also a creature full-filed with light, to form Rainbow-Necro.
Arceus, our God who also have the power of light, if he's willing to be absorbed, can help to form God-Necro.

Some fire-type legendary pokemon are also possible to fill part of needs of Necrozma, but compared to other "LIGHT" pokemon, most of the energy was lost during combustion by heat, which makes it less efficient.

Can not see possibility on other legendary pokemon.

I'm of the opinion that Necrozma will be confined to Solgaleo/Lunala since they're sort of related as Ultra Beasts that settled on the earth. Necrozma dosen’t share this similarity with any other legendary.

IF Necrozma we’re capable of fusing with other Legendaries though (that's a huge 'if' imo but still)-
Ho-oh is definitely a possibility. I do not see Arceus 'stooping down' low enough to give away its free will to Necrozma.
I think Xerneas might be a solid contender. Though it is not made of light, it is the giver of life, and may consent to give Necrozma its energy. It’s also fairy type, the closest Pokémon will ever get to a light type (most fairy type moves are light or moon related ones).

Agreeing with the above statements about Ho-oh, I could also plausibly see Zekrom and Reshiram being able to, given that they are sort of like the embodiment of certain energies themselves (fire and electricity, both which give off light). However, given the nature of their relationship with Kyurem, as well as Nocrozma's tie to Solgaleo and Lunala, I don't see Necrozma getting any other forms with any other Pokémon. Conceptually it might make sense, but when it comes to gameplay, it doesn't.

Wow, there's a lot of great ideas here! TBH, I didn't think I'd get too many replies on this thread.

I don't see Necrozma fusing with any other legendary, but Ultra Beasts I do kinda see

If I'm not wrong, Necrozma specifically requires light energy and not any other energy. Solgaleo/Lunala are the bearers of light energy, and I'm not sure if any other Pokémon has enough light-lore to be warranted as a power source by Necrozma.
Given these two quotes together, I could see Xurkitree being a good candidate for a Necrozma fusion. It lights up a lot due to the electricity it gets, making it sort of like a Christmas tree (which a lot of people have compared this UB to). Heck, Xurkitree gets quite a few light/laser based attacks if I'm not mistaken, just like Necrozma does!

Not only does Xurkitree-Necrozma make a lot of sense lore-wise when you give it some though, but I could also see a kickass design come out of the fusion as well. Just imagine: We finally get to see a face on Xurkitree!

The Original forme of Necrozma should be the same, always the "Light Dragon" stuff.

Only the medium forme varies like Sol-Necro and Luna-Necro.
That's a given in this case no matter which angle you try to look at it from. I'm talking specifically about the medium forme Necrozma would use to go into its Light Dragon state.

One other choice could be Ho-oh, which is also a creature full-filed with light, to form Rainbow-Necro.
Given how Necrozma's called the "Prism Pokémon" as its species name, this would be very fitting.

Arceus, our God who also have the power of light, if he's willing to be absorbed, can help to form God-Necro.

I do not see Arceus 'stooping down' low enough to give away its free will to Necrozma.
@PkmnTrainerV's comment on Arceus pretty much sums up my thoughts on that possibility. To be honest, if Necrozma were to somehow assimilate Arceus...

The Pokémon multiverse will be utterly screwed. :eek:

I think Xerneas might be a solid contender. Though it is not made of light, it is the giver of life, and may consent to give Necrozma its energy. It’s also fairy type, the closest Pokémon will ever get to a light type (most fairy type moves are light or moon related ones).
That's actually a pretty clever idea. If Xerneas is willing to supply energy to Necrozma, then the black prism parasite won't have any reason to take light from other worlds. Plus, Necrozma's nature as a prism would also benefit Xerneas by allowing its life-giving powers to reach farther distances. TBH, I think that Life-Necrozma would be the most beneficial Necrozma fusion for everyone in this case! (y)

I could also plausibly see Zekrom and Reshiram being able to, given that they are sort of like the embodiment of certain energies themselves (fire and electricity, both which give off light). However, given the nature of their relationship with Kyurem, as well as Nocrozma's tie to Solgaleo and Lunala, I don't see Necrozma getting any other forms with any other Pokémon.
Yeah, I can see Yin-Necrozma (with Zekrom) or Yang-Necrozma (with Reshiram) resulting in a pissed-off Kyurem. Given the comparisons people have made between the two legen, I think this would be funny to see, especially if Kyurem returns the favor by forcing a fusion of either Dusk Mane Kyruem (with Solgaleo) or Dawn Wings Kyurem (with Lunala) out of spite.

Can someone please make a fanfic out of this?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom