• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masuda was at nintendo headquarters October but it could be anything really

That could very well be a sign. Again it's not that GF don't work with Nintendo to produce the games it's just that it's mainly GF itself that does all the actual stuff. This time around it's possible that they brought on some Nintendo proper staff to help out with the Switch game. It would make sense seeing as Nintendo first party developers would know the system better than 3rd party developers would. Plus since GF and Pokemon have such strong ties with Nintendo it'd make sense for them to help out in anyway they can. Technically GF were missing about 80 people at the start of the Switch development due to the younger staff being delegated to USUM. If Nintendo was helping out that would supply them with a few extra hands they'd be missing otherwise. And now that USUM is out fully they'd have the full power of their entire GF team plus maybe some Nintendo employees to really bang something good out.

Yeah, I don't buy this rumor. The Mega Evolution retcon already is unlikely, but Megas AND regional variants? I doubt we'll be getting both. Plus Pokemon North and South don't really sound like names Game Freak would come up with. Pokemon game names are usually symbolic, and there's not a lot of depth to the concept of North and South.

Are you kidding me? Only the Rain and Shine leaks and the Dex leak look legit. Everything else looks like bad fanfiction. There's so any problems with the other "leaks" that I'm gonna have to create a separate post to list them.

So? What’s the point of leak season if all of the leaks made sense? Part of the fun are the leaks that are out there. Also never say never, No Gyms and Rainbow Rocket for example sound very, very “out there”

This is a good list. Great way to keep track of all the possible leak. One leak I saw was the Vacto leak:

•Next Pokémon games are Pokémon North and Pokémon South

•The region is called Vacto and is based on Italy. There are plenty of old buildings and detailed architecture to show off what the Switch is capable of

•The grass starter is a bear with a cape-like leaf on it’s back. The fire starter is a gecko with hot coal finger tips. The water starter is a bird with seaweed looking feathers.

•The cover legendaries are a turtle and a Phoenix that have 4 holes on their backs that plasma-like hands emerge.

•Some mega evolutions of Pokémon that do not have 3 stage evolutions become normal evolutions.

•This is not a retcon, an explanation regarding how some mega evolutions became their own species of Pokémon through enough trainers bonding with them is given.

•Vactoan forms exist. An Electric/Ground Raichu is shown.

•Motion control gimmick and an expanded Pokéride that makes use of them. Playing docked and undocked changes the kinds of Pokémon that appear in certain areas.

•Co-developed by Nintendo themselves because Switch development takes longer and needs more man power to keep up a similar schedule to the DS/3DS.

•An announcement trailer is scheduled for January in a Pokémon Direct.
Thanks, I’ll add it to the OP eventually

Also of note, I won’t be actively searching out leaks but if you see one and find it interesting, please post it here and I may add it to the OP

No.
I was given very little info.
The leakers are very cautious this time round because a few of them have already been kicked out from the chat group (and can no longer leak anymore things)
That is understandable. Besides the chat group is there any other channel they can leak through? Have you asked them about it? Also about your earlier comments I believe that Generation 8 will come 2018 and will probably be a bit “small” like X/Y since it’s going to be the start of a new era

These seem the most unbelievable parts of the 'leak' imo. GameFreak aren’t going out of the zodiac for the fire starter, I think, and these games would have to take place LOOONNGG after XY to have Megas turn into their new species.
I mean, they could always retcon the gecko into a “skink” and call it a snake and make it like a reverse serperior

Last edited:
i mean with the first part the chinese zodiac thing is just a hamfisted fan theory (see: Fennekin, Cyndaquil line),

They’re still not completely off from the zodiac though. We still haven’t got a starter that concretely isn’t separate from the zodiac, for example, an eagle or something. Cyndaquil and Fennekin deviate a little, but they're VERY close to rodent or canine starter.

They’re still not completely off from the zodiac though. We still haven’t got a starter that concretely isn’t separate from the zodiac, for example, an eagle or something. Cyndaquil and Fennekin deviate a little, but they're VERY close to rodent or canine starter.
I don't know if it has any bearing on the chinese zodiac/fire starter theme, but if you bring pokemon from the johto VC to the gamefreak building, you get bits and pieces of dev history and one of the dialogues talks about them wanting to add all of the animals of the chinese zodiac in the wild (of johto games) ..I think it was about Piloswine or something

Point being, that they already have chinese zodiac as a theme for something and it's not condensed to fire starters apparently

I don’t think we'll be having a snake fire starter (Snivy....). My best guess is a rabbit or a horse for the next generation. Inb4 Fire/Fighting Rabbit meant to be the next Lopunny.

Raichu already has a regional variant, and GF doesn't care enough about it to give it a second one.
Mega Pikachu is more likely than that.

one of the dialogues talks about them wanting to add all of the animals of the chinese zodiac in the wild (of johto games) ..I think it was about Piloswine or something

Point being, that they already have chinese zodiac as a theme for something and it's not condensed to fire starters apparently
There's nothing to stop them from using an idea twice. We have two separate lines inspired by lions, for example-the Litleo line and the Shinx line-that are still quite different.

Also, there's quite a few Chinese zodiac animals missing from Johto. Johto introduced one Dragon-type, and it's in a seahorse line-not really a good representative of the dragon. There's definitely no tiger, rooster, pig, ox, snake, or rabbit introduced. There's certainly some Pokemon that do fit the Chinese zodiac-Houndour line for the dog, Aipom for the monkey, Flaafy for the sheep, and Cyndaquil for the rat-but less than half of the Chinese zodiac doesn't seem like much of a theme to me.

Or do you mean in the wild of the whole game, including Gen 1 Pokemon? That can stretch a bit further-there's the Dratini line for the dragon, Tauros for the ox, Ekans for the snake-but it still misses rabbit, pig, tiger, and rooster completely.
if you bring pokemon from the johto VC to the gamefreak building, you get bits and pieces of dev history
When I first read this, I actually thought you meant a real life HQ lol

Last edited:
A tip for everybody:
Translators don't get to see what a Pokemon looks like.
They are given detailed descriptions of a Pokemon and what animals they are based on/ what the original concept is.
However, they do NOT get to see any artwork of the Pokemon.

So, if there's a leak that says something like "it's very pretty" "'it's very cute", then these leaks do NOT come from translators.
===========================

View: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/936245563506479104

Seems like we are getting a Nintendo Direct in January.
We MIGHT get some Pokemon stuff by then.

Last edited:
I'm a little on the fence about a Pokemon announcement being in January's direct or any direct in general. On one hand it's Pokemon's first main console game and that would maybe be enough for them to finally fully feature Pokemon on a normal direct, but on the other hand TPCI loves to have control over their announcements so idk....

Last edited:
It might not even be anything to do with Pokemon Switch, it could be a promotion for Mythical Pokemon or something along those lines unless the next Pokemon game comes out during Winter 2018/2019.

It might not even be anything to do with Pokemon Switch, it could be a promotion for Mythical Pokemon or something along those lines unless the next Pokemon game comes out during Winter 2018/2019.

If we're getting a Switch main series game in 2018 or very early 2019, I'd say Zeraora will get revealed later this year, possibly through Corocoro (like Volcanion was revealed in December 2015). Then early next year the first Gen 8 Pokemon would be revealed, be it a Mythical, a Lucario/Zoroark, or a new form like Mega Mewtwo Y.

If the game isn't until fall 2019, I expect they'll take more time with the mythical reveals, saving Zeraora until early 2018 and revealing a new Pokemon either mid/late 2018 or very early 2019.

Honestly, I just want them to take their time on making Pokemon Switch rather than them rushing out the doors for consumers to buy; though an Winter 2018/Late 2019 released does seem to be a good idea. Though, maybe for the holidays? They have been releasing them in November lately, so I expect a winter release at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom