• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Pokemon gen 8 won't be at Nintendo direct if it's gets announced it will be at its own direct like gen 6 and 7

If Nintendo shows off there online and Virtual console. Maybe you will see some Pokemon VC at the direct or pokken dx dlc but that's it

Also until zenora gets announced. Gen 8 won't get announced. Volcanion was announced December 2015 corocoro and magearna was announced feburary 2016. Sun and moon were announced February 2016

So zenora the last gen 7 needs to get announced before we move on

Hmm... Seems that at least two of the leaks agree on a water bear as a starter. Not sure what to make of that. Were there prehistoric bears?

It's very likely for Zeraora to be in the next movie. I'd be willing to bet we get it revealed in December. Then if gen 8 really is next year we get a new promo Pokemon to go with Zeraora in the movie in either January or February. They always officially announce the movies in December and usually reveal one of the main poster children then too (usually a current gen mythical). Then in either January or February they'll reveal the secondary Pokemon to be featured and the general idea of what the movie is about. This is how it's been for years. If we don't get anything at all by the end of February then there is more than likely no new game next year. I could see January's direct not having anything Pokemon related at all and then in February them having another direct or a small event stream that announces whatever is next. Maybe even on Pokemon day like they announced SM. I wanna say February is the month the movies get more info so it's more likely we'll get a separate thing then than in the January direct.

Were there prehistoric bears?
Why would it need to be a prehistoric bear? Why not just a regular bear? lol

Honestly, I just want them to take their time on making Pokemon Switch rather than them rushing out the doors for consumers to buy; though an Winter 2018/Late 2019 released does seem to be a good idea. Though, maybe for the holidays? They have been releasing them in November lately, so I expect a winter release at most.

Honestly with the 3DS generation being some of the most lackluster games in the franchises history, I really hope they take their time making the next installments.

I don't want Gen 8 to be another XY.

X and y is good example. You can litteraly see how rushed the games are. The first 2 gyms are fine but than gym 3 to 6 takes only an 1 hour to get through. Then rushed climax. Weird pacing and game. They should take there time
We can only hope Game Freak doesn't rush this because of Nintendo. A rushed game on the Switch, especially with one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, would really hurt both the reputation of Nintendo and Game Freak more than they currently have. Plus, that would cause people to complain about having at least three lackluster Pokémon titles in a row, which would scare off a lot of fans and hurt the sales of future games all because Nintendo wanted Game Freak to push out a quick buck.

It's very likely for Zeraora to be in the next movie. I'd be willing to bet we get it revealed in December. Then if gen 8 really is next year we get a new promo Pokemon to go with Zeraora in the movie in either January or February. They always officially announce the movies in December and usually reveal one of the main poster children then too (usually a current gen mythical). Then in either January or February they'll reveal the secondary Pokemon to be featured and the general idea of what the movie is about. This is how it's been for years. If we don't get anything at all by the end of February then there is more than likely no new game next year. I could see January's direct not having anything Pokemon related at all and then in February them having another direct or a small event stream that announces whatever is next. Maybe even on Pokemon day like they announced SM. I wanna say February is the month the movies get more info so it's more likely we'll get a separate thing then than in the January direct.
What if Zeraora ends up going the way of Eternal Flower Floette? The fact that there barely anything notable about its design, dex entry, or signature move could make it very easy for Game Freak to forget about and skip over.

We can only hope Game Freak doesn't rush this because of Nintendo. A rushed game on the Switch, especially with one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, would really hurt both the reputation of Nintendo and Game Freak more than they currently have. Plus, that would cause people to complain about having at least three lackluster Pokémon titles in a row, which would scare off a lot of fans and hurt the sales of future games all because Nintendo wanted Game Freak to push out a quick buck.

What if Zeraora ends up going the way of Eternal Flower Floette? The fact that there barely anything notable about its design, dex entry, or signature move could make it very easy for Game Freak to forget about and skip over.
I don't want Pokemon to turn into call of duty. A game that releases every year with little changes but different coat of paint.

Make it memorable. Don't rush games just to sell couple more systems. We have patience

Doubtful Even tho Eternal Floette was coded in the games as an event it really never NEEDED to be released. It served a purpose in the story and thus had a sort of reason to be battlable even if they never used it. Saying Zeraora won't be used is like saying Volcanion, Diancie and Hoopa weren't gonna be used. Other than events they served no purpose ot be in the coding. At least Floette was in the story of XY. Also it's a brand new Pokemon altogether. That'd leave a hole in the national dex if they never released it. Floette was just a form and wasn't necessary. Regardless of design Zeraora must be released otherwise it was useless from the beginning and served no function in any way whats so ever.

I don't want Pokemon to turn into call of duty. A game that releases every year with little changes but different coat of paint.

Where have you been n for the past 21 years? Other than it releasing ever year Pokemon is basically a copy paste series with a new coat of paint slapped on. I love the series, but until gen 7 it had the same basic mechanics with little to no change for 20 years. That was one of the main things people wanted GF to change about it. You an like gyms, but unless they change things up it's basically the same game over and over again only with a different antagonist every game.

Doubtful Even tho Eternal Floette was coded in the games as an event it really never NEEDED to be released. It served a purpose in the story and thus had a sort of reason to be battlable even if they never used it. Saying Zeraora won't be used is like saying Volcanion, Diancie and Hoopa weren't gonna be used. Other than events they served no purpose ot be in the coding. At least Floette was in the story of XY. Also it's a brand new Pokemon altogether. That'd leave a hole in the national dex if they never released it. Floette was just a form and wasn't necessary. Regardless of design Zeraora must be released otherwise it was useless from the beginning and served no function in any way whats so ever.

Where have you been n for the past 21 years? Other than it releasing ever year Pokemon is basically a copy paste series with a new coat of paint slapped on. I love the series, but until gen 7 it had the same basic mechanics with little to no change for 20 years. That was one of the main things people wanted GF to change about it. You an like gyms, but unless they change things up it's basically the same game over and over again only with a different antagonist every game.
What your not taking in account

3D take alot more development time than sprites. Game freak is using the same time frame with 3d that it used for sprites
That's why the 3ds games feel rushed. Also this is HD 3D. That takes even longer

I was going to type up my own post making similar points, but you covered it first and also more thoroughly than I was going to. I'd also like to support your case with the point that GameFreak considered it worth coding into the game at the time of USM. They obviously plan pretty far ahead and communicate with the anime staff as far as what Pokemon to promote in the new movies, so I don't think they would have left it out of SM but then decided to put it (with its entirely new number in the natdex, as you mentioned) in USM unless they were actually going to use it.

Also, the movies are pretty much always accompanied with a distribution for a currently released game, which for the 2018 movie would have to be USM. If Zeraora doesn't get distributed to USM this summer, what would? I suppose they could pull a M13 and distribute old legendaries with the spotlight Pokemon left inaccessible until the next gen, but that was only when there literally weren't any unused Pokemon left coded into Gen 4.

I was going to type up my own post making similar points, but you covered it first and also more thoroughly than I was going to. I'd also like to support your case with the point that GameFreak considered it worth coding into the game at the time of USM. They obviously plan pretty far ahead and communicate with the anime staff as far as what Pokemon to promote in the new movies, so I don't think they would have left it out of SM but then decided to put it (with its entirely new number in the natdex, as you mentioned) in USM unless they were actually going to use it.

Also, the movies are pretty much always accompanied with a distribution for a currently released game, which for the 2018 movie would have to be USM. If Zeraora doesn't get distributed to USM this summer, what would? I suppose they could pull a M13 and distribute old legendaries with the spotlight Pokemon left inaccessible until the next gen, but that was only when there literally weren't any unused Pokemon left coded into Gen 4.
That guy who datamined zenora said it's 2018 mythical

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171130-174803.png
    Screenshot_20171130-174803.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 49

I was thinking that Zeraora in its current state might be some kind of a red herring to throw us off from what is really going to go in that slot. Basically,I think Zeraora was deliberately coded to be underwhelming so Game Freak can surprise us by patching it into something unexpected. What I'm saying is that Zeraora is a decoy disguised as a bland Electric Lucario that's going to be retconned into something new with the exception of its name and signature move. It would be great practice for potential future DLC instead of releasing the outdated concept of third versions. What we currently see isn't what we're stuck with; it'll be even better.

Why would it need to be a prehistoric bear? Why not just a regular bear? lol
All grass type starters so far have been based on prehistoric animals. Just like all fire type starters have been based off zodiac signs and all water type starters have been based off weapons.

All grass type starters so far have been based on prehistoric animals. Just like all fire type starters have been based off zodiac signs and all water type starters have been based off weapons.

(off-topic, but) What weapons do Feraligatr, Swampert, and Primarina supposedly represent? And Snivy is just a snake, sure there were snakes in prehistoric times, but can that really be taken as evidence for a theme?

Snivy, Chespin, and Rowlet are not based on prehistoric animals. Mudkip and Popplio are not based on weapons. Cyndaquil and Fennekin are not based on animals of the Chinese Zodiac. These theories have holes in them.

Seconding @Rosalia R , I would also like to point out that the fire type zodiac thing is made up by fans. And a bit of a stretch with fennekin and cyndaquil, as many will also point out. I just hope they'll make one that's something completely unrelated, like an armadillo or a fire-bellied toad or something. I just want the zodiac thing to die already. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking or discrediting anyone that believes it, but I just can't get on board with something that never existed in the first place.

Edit: Riley also beat me to it lol

Snivy, Chespin, and Rowlet are not based on prehistoric animals. Mudkip and Popplio are not based on weapons. Cyndaquil and Fennekin are not based on animals of the Chinese Zodiac. These theories have holes in them.

Chesnaught arguably resembles a glyptodont, but that's a secondary influence at most, and overall I agree that the theories are BS.

But you said the bear is the water starter. Wouldn't that mean it's a weapon based bear?

That would be adorable, but knowing GF they'd put it on 2 legs Minotaur-style and enrage half the fanbase.
Or do a bait and switch by having the second evolution be bipedal while the the final stage becomes a four-legged centaur bull instead. Admit it; it would be the ultimate troll we'd all love to see! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom