• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I have the same feelings with the How to Train Your Dragon books. They're so amazing yet so criminally underrated due to the movies which are great in their own right. Hopefully the third film gets the last few books right at the very least.
I liked the HtTYD books and the movies. The ending of the books made me sad though.

literally the first time ever i've heard about httyd books, which seems to prove the point.

hmh, a bit stressed about some risks i'm taking with the chapter i'm currently writing and near to finishing, but i suppose that's a common feeling. well, either it'll work or i'll learn something new.

Okay, it’s official, Alder, or at least in the way I’ve written his personality (I like to think it’s an accurate portrayal, but who knows) , is my favorite champion.

After writing the events of a chapter for PMDUE, I think I'll change my rating tag to Teen again. While there's no cursing or gross descriptions, there's plenty of implied violence through the actions, and it does delve into somewhat heavy subjects in the narrative. Plus, I'd rather run the risk of being too safe than not safe enough.

yeah, i read the first part about halfway the other day, it does feel teen to me.

I agree that it sounds teen to me! The ratings guide here might help you, too, if you're still unsure or are unsure in the future! You can also ask for clarification in that thread.

I've been thinking I'll probably need to bump Phantom Project up to mature at some point, too. Right now it's just emotionally heavy, but eventually, there'll be some graphic scenes.

I must say, when I started the Review Game a few years ago, I always hoped that it would have the success it had last week. Very pleased to see it as active as it was, even for a few days

Is this related to the Review League I've now seen? Looks like this place and improved in leaps and bounds in the time since I've been seriously active. Great to see!

In related news, I'm intending to become more active here again.

The review league is completely new. Basically, it encourages more (and hopefully better) reviews in exchange for prizes. Neat little system that's seen a lot of consistent use since its introduction.

Also welcome back!

It definitely is great to see you back, Gama! The Review Game is more of a game where you read someone's story in order to request a review for you. Mostly about trying to read stories you haven't read before. You can get points for it in the Review League though, which is more about just getting rewarded for reviewing generally.

Looking forward to having you around more often :D

tfw the review game streak stops at u ( `^´)

although it has become a good thing as the next chapter of my fic is only getting finished today and not a few days ago like i thought

tfw the review game streak stops at u ( `^´)

although it has become a good thing as the next chapter of my fic is only getting finished today and not a few days ago like i thought
A few days is a lot better than how it was a few years ago. I think the longest stretch was six months one time.

Well, this is fascinating:

http://www.etcmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/OpenLENRfinal.pdf

Apparently, the palladium-hydrogen cool fusion reactors I mention in Life of the Legendaries and Poké Wars aren't bullshit technobabble at all. Granted, they were the results of extrapolations of the "cold fusion" results along with some educated guesses that I assumed was plausible sounding technobabble.

On a side note, I also hypothesized that the ideal configuration for a tokamak style fusion reactor for some of my other SF RPs was tall column:

image302.gif

Turns out, I was actually somewhat right: An Indispensable Truth (page 414)

Granted this is just a magnetic field map but the coils generating said field could easily be in a similar arrangement.

Well, this is fascinating:

http://www.etcmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/OpenLENRfinal.pdf

Apparently, the palladium-hydrogen cool fusion reactors I mention in Life of the Legendaries and Poké Wars aren't bullshit technobabble at all. Granted, they were the results of extrapolations of the "cold fusion" results along with some educated guesses that I assumed was plausible sounding technobabble.

On a side note, I also hypothesized that the ideal configuration for a tokamak style fusion reactor for some of my other SF RPs was tall column:

image302.gif

Turns out, I was actually somewhat right: An Indispensable Truth (page 414)

Granted this is just a magnetic field map but the coils generating said field could easily be in a similar arrangement.

Plausible sounding technobabble seems to be a specialty of a few around here! :p I can’t say I’m well versed myself in many sciences outside of like... psychology and genetics, but doesn’t matter - I imagine discovering this felt super validating, heh.

my german bud took a look at that pdf (he's more interested in this stuff than me), found some... interesting sites in the sources. namely ones by a company which used to go by blacklight power inc. (nowadays brilliant light power inc.) which actually claims to be able to turn matter into dark matter to produce energy... suuuuure

now of course i don't know at all how much that source is actually cited and we are talking scifi, but still, hot damn

Hm...and so ends LeDiz's A Professor and a Student, one of the best canon-compliant SM fics out there that made the first 43 episodes of the SM anime more tolerable to watch by filling in the blanks between scenes and episodes

It'll be sorely missed, but there's still plenty of other interesting things to come, I suppose

Back
Top Bottom