• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Check Your Signature" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting a signature check! Took a lot of work to get these two GIFs right, since they were both high framerates - I usually try to avoid doing that whenever possible, with a lower framerate GIF on one end and a higher action-oriented one on the other, but I couldn't resist going for it this time around.
178 + 275 = 453kb so that is fine in the 500 limit.

The size is around 490 x 195 so that's too big. The limit is 600 x 160 so if you could decrease the height to that it is fine.

I'm beginning to think that a lot of the mods forget about the new rule for avatar credit lines as I literally had this exact same situation happen to me last time
(The "Check Your Signature" Thread)

That being said, it's curious how the lines have apparently gone to 195px in height as opposed to 172 like they were last time... The only changes I made were the images and the text - everything else was kept formatted similarly to last time, so the height should not have changed.

Edit:
The red area marks the area covered by the lines included in the regular signature limits, at least of what I cropped - so there's a bit of space above and below. Perhaps I should have put a label on the avatar credit line, too...
r8ZOKKs.jpg

This has repeated enough that I created a Photoshop template where I can insert my signatures to make fresh images for the purposes of pointing this out every time someone forgets... It's honestly a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
@TouyaShiro

I have it as 431x 160, so it should be fine. (y) I know I have to set my screen zoom to 100% instead of 125% or else it artificially increases the size of the sig. Maybe that's what happened with that first measurement you were given.

How's this one?
The combined images come up to around 391kb, so that's fine, but physically it's 423 x 168 pixels, so it's just a little bit over the limit. Shrinking the middle image a little bit would fix everything right up.

Let's see what shenanigans occur this time during my signature check... I realise that the way I'm doing things will allow me to extend the width of my signature further if I wanted to, but it's more likely that this will occur with the text than it will the images. Hopefully I didn't overestimate myself, though!

Let's see what shenanigans occur this time during my signature check... I realise that the way I'm doing things will allow me to extend the width of my signature further if I wanted to, but it's more likely that this will occur with the text than it will the images. Hopefully I didn't overestimate myself, though!
It's still fine. About 489 kB in byte size, and the rest haven't changed much since the last time you asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom