• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie co created by studio of attack of titan

So, Ash met all of his companions after M20. That's why we saw those cameos.
Now M21 seems to be another AU movie...
So, It means M20 Ash is not M21 Ash?

So, Ash met all of his companions after M20. That's why we saw those cameos.
Now M21 seems to be another AU movie...
So, It means M20 Ash is not M21 Ash?
I am not sure what you're basing this on. The hat suggests that it's the same character, and he probably didn't meet his alternate companions except for Brock and Misty.

I am not sure what you're basing this on. The hat suggests that it's the same character, and he probably didn't meet his alternate companions except for Brock and Misty.
One of the writers said Ash met all of his companions... later. That's why it looks weird to me. That's all.

As I have said in the USUM thread, I’m actually left speechless by the fact that they are doing a sequel to M20, which… I actually really appreciate.

Sure, it may end once again as the traditional movie involving a Legendary and whatever plot involving said Legendary, but at least the writers won’t be tied to the main series and could have more freedom of what to do with Ash and crew.

Also, I really dig that art style. Reminds me somewhat Sakura Cardcaptor, for whatever reason, and I love that style!

Anyway, it would be neat if this movie actually featured Team Rainbow Rocket in a way or another. In the main series, doing so would be almost impossible due to various reasons, but here it could work well, since they don’t have this restriction.

I’m definitely intrigued.

Is it too much to ask for a Sun & Moon movie (in its corresponding art style)? :'(
I don't know what's the problem with that too...
At least one SM movie is something SM fans simply deserve. I'm afraid they'll focus on new AU movies series and what we'll get, it'll be probably only a TV Special

There will probably be an arc for Necrozma and the UBs. That is not necessarily worse than a movie; most fans seemed pleased with the Team Flare arc. I am not thrilled about this movie, but a Necrozma movie would have been so by the book.

Unbeatable HoennMon said:
One of the writers said Ash met all of his companions... later.
Do you have a quote or link?

Cresselia92 said:
Anyway, it would be neat if this movie actually featured Team Rainbow Rocket in a way or another.
Maybe Team Rocket, but the other leaders would be random in a Lugia movie.

The art style looks so pretty! I wonder if this is the style they'll aim at for the next series of the anime then?

Do you think Team Rocket would get a bigger role in this movie than in Movie 20?
No, since Shudo isn't around anymore. Plus, just a return to that kind of role would be a huge improvement after the last 19 years.

Oops, you said Movie 20... Then one could only hope so.

Art style looks good, looks like a continuation of M20 which imo is also good. I wanted to know more about that Ash. Lugia music at the end. I am excited for this!

Art style looks good, looks like a continuation of M20 which imo is also good. I wanted to know more about that Ash.
There isn't much to know. He focuses more on meeting legendaries than collecting badges, and is quite frankly, very close to Gary Stu status save for one hiccup.

Sorry to break people's excitement but this movie is being directed by Tetsuo Yajima(Director of XY/XYZ) and not Yuyama for the first time so anyone who didn't enjoy XY(quite a lot) will probably not enjoy this too.
http://i.********/vp/1512947203817.jpg

Sorry to break people's excitement but this movie is being directed by Tetsuo Yajima(Director of XY/XYZ) and not Yuyama for the first time so anyone who didn't enjoy XY(quite a lot) will probably not enjoy this too.
http://i.********/vp/1512947203817.jpg

Makes me even more excited to see this movie!

There isn't much to know. He focuses more on meeting legendaries than collecting badges, and is quite frankly, very close to Gary Stu status save for one hiccup.

I'd like to see how he approaches things tbh, he took a few L's in the M20 though, was pretty much ignorant just like OS Ash.

He took one loss, didn't he? And these movies don't give him enough opportunities to showcase his skills. Instead the writer had him say that he'd been on a winning streak.

I'm glad were getting new young blood. Artstyle looks great. Hope not some cliche garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom