• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Ultra Guardian Arc?

MarshiyanMisutaa

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
If I get it correct, Satoshi and his friends are "Ultra Guardians" now, responsible with protecting Alola from Ultra Beasts and other extradimendional threats. Did I get it right? If so, what do you think about that? That Bebenomu/Poipole is going to be a threat or ally? What will happen to Hoshigumo-chan, will he appear again?

Maybe this will be how they bring in Rainbow Rocket? :confused: (or at least the Ultra Recon Sqaud)

Certainly seems like a good way for them to encounter Necrozma.

Based on some leaked images of Japanese merchandise, it seems possible that Ash will eventually catch that Poipole. Oh, just think of the possibilities...

Nah, Poipole will just hang around for a while. Probably evolve into Nagendal for it's story's climax.

Well, some New Year's stickers were released on the app in Japan.

DR9oLKGW4AEHDBj.jpg

I'm likely wrong (as usual), but this may or may not mean we'll see an Entei, Kartana, Growlithe and Magikarp in the near future.

The 2018 upcoming episodes thing shows a scene in which Bewear is facing a Buzzwole. I reckon it might be relevant to bring up here.

Some Filler are also good in showing pokemon, moves, abilities and battles.

Johto had : 52+52+52=156 episodes

generation 3 and 4 had 4 seasons each, thats 4x 51=204 episodes; or 4x 52=208 epiosodes.

If they go similar route with Alola, then we have more seasons to come. they have plenty of time to make better stuff.
If they do so then after episode 104 we will get really good battings and plot probably with trials(gyms) and a Alolan league as a surprise gift for waiting with patience probably.

With this amount of new pokemon they have plenty of time to show new ones and old ones in many diffrent and better ways and create us more relations and oponents for Ash.

AG and DP had 192 and 191 episodes, respectively. They weren't exactly 4 years long and DP started the trend of fewer episodes per year.

SM's length depends entirely on the next games.

So now we have the title for the episode where the Ultra Guardian action is going to begin. I'm looking forward to it!

SM's length depends entirely on the next games.

The next games are most likely going to be Generation VIII. The bigger question in my head is when the next games will come out. Since every series after the original series has had 150+ episodes, my guess is that the S&M series will probably last somewhere between 1-2 years from now. They could start introducing elements from the next Generation into the anime before those games actually come out, they've done so before.

It all depends on Game Freak. I don't think they care about the consequences their release schedule will have in the quality of the anime, at the end of the day, it's just a commercial.

This Ultra Guardian thing is a bit of a joke to me. Seems kinda Power Rangers-ish. One appears and they suit up and catch it and send it back to US. Might happen in two episode arcs. Could even see Poipole being caught by Ash in episode 62.

This Ultra Guardian thing is a bit of a joke to me. Seems kinda Power Rangers-ish. One appears and they suit up and catch it and send it back to US.
For me, it seems kinda similar to the S&M post-game, so I won't complain. It'd be fun to see them working as a team, showing how their teamwork has been building up over the series, especially during the whole Ultra Space incident with Lusamine.

Could even see Poipole being caught by Ash in episode 62.
I'd personally like that too, but I wouldn't be surprised either if they decided to build it up over multiple episodes, showing that this Ultra Beast is someway special.

Last edited:
For me, it seems kinda similar to the S&M post-game, so I won't complain. It'd be fun to see them working as a team, showing how their teamwork has been building up over the series, especially during the whole Ultra Space incident with Lusamine.

I'd personally like that too, but I wouldn't be surprised either if they decided to build it up over multiple episodes, showing that this Ultra Beast is someway special.

My problem with that is they're mostly useless, only Kiawe and Ash are any form of capable and Gladion is doing what Ash usually does (travel and get stronger). Right now I'd rather see the show from Gladion's perspective than Ash's tbh. Gladion is what Ash was in DP and XY, ambitious and goal driven. I don't see how they could be any use when half of them can't battle, their Pokemon are weak and they need hail mary's to survive. They've become these Guardians yet we haven't once seen them actually take it seriously (maybe they will after Buzzwole annihilates them).

As for Poipole, seeing as they hinted him a couple episodes ago and he's already in the wormhole, he has to be somewhere in Alola by now, tbh what if the Pokemon Lana sisters saw was Poipole? Who knows...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom