• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that schedule. It doesn't seem odd that in a series that seems like it's rushing thing Ash would have his Pokemon evolve in a sort of rushed way.

Question, what's with the popular thought that Ash will get Sandshrew? Knowing Ash he'll get something that no one expects.

I could see Ash getting Alolan Sandshrew. Out of all the regional forms it's the only one I think really fits him. Also it makes sense for him to get an Alolan form Pokemon as it would be something for him to bring back to Professor Oak to parallel the normal Sandshrew that live in Kanto.

Possible schedule for the anime:

By late March: A chunk of the UBs are showcased, Ash catches Poliopole, Litten evolves
By late May: Ash catches Alolan Sandshrew and completes the Ula'ula trials
By late July: Necrozma is showcased alongside the remaining UBs, Sandshrew evolves
By late August: Ash completes the Poni trials, Torracat evolves
By late November: League (if there is one), closure

Sandshrew's rushed evolution would be justified due to the Ice Stone requirement. An extra 3-4 months would be enough to add more fillers.

In Japan? Either way, comedic starters have never evolved before.

League is usually a month and a half, so late November is already impossible for the league (Even the rushed Kalos League lasted 7 weeks), so the Alola League will start early-mid October at its earliest. And if Dartrix/Decidueye hasn't been showcased before June, it think its confirmed Ash will get it.

Poipole is classed as a legendary in the game files, meaning Ash will not get it, since he will be too OP.

League is usually a month and a half, so late November is already impossible for the league (Even the rushed Kalos League lasted 7 weeks), so the Alola League will start early-mid October at its earliest.

But you're assuming there will even be a normal league to begin with. Just because Kukui said he'd like Alola to have a league similar to the other regions doesn't mean one will magically appear for Ash to take on. If anything it'll be a much smaller tournament that takes less time. Even if there is a tournament at the end of his time in Alola they'd have already set up the foundation of it by now regardless of when it takes place. Like I said they're not just gonna all of a sudden have a huge league for him to go into without letting him or the audience know it even exists. That'd be too out of nowhere given that Alola's thing is that it DOESN'T have a normal league. Plus other than Gladion Ash doesn't have any other real rivals in the region to pad things out. I suppose you could use Kiawe as one, but unless he has some secret Pokemon hidden away he only has like 3 on his team anyway. This series isn't like the others. It never has been. You can't keep comparing it to XY or even DP where there was a clear ending point (where he took on the league tournament) because at this point nothing is pointing to that even happening. Also Rowlet has no business evolving. It's whole thing is that it's small, goofy, and likes to hang out in Ash's backpack. Evolving it takes all of that away. From the very beginning Ash was essentially using this series as a vacation (quite literally actually). He's not even doing the Island challenge the way it's done in the game. It's all a very different formula and doesn't need to end in a tournament that Ash will inevitably lose. He can easily just finish up his Island Challenge, have one final big thing to test him, and then go home. All of this can happen without a tournament.

Question, what's with the popular thought that Ash will get Sandshrew? Knowing Ash he'll get something that no one expects.

IIRC there was anime merchandise a few months back for release this year that included Torracat and A-Sandshrew. We already know Torracat's happening, so A-Sandshrew should be popping up soon.

But you're assuming there will even be a normal league to begin with. Just because Kukui said he'd like Alola to have a league similar to the other regions doesn't mean one will magically appear for Ash to take on. If anything it'll be a much smaller tournament that takes less time. Even if there is a tournament at the end of his time in Alola they'd have already set up the foundation of it by now regardless of when it takes place. Like I said they're not just gonna all of a sudden have a huge league for him to go into without letting him or the audience know it even exists. That'd be too out of nowhere given that Alola's thing is that it DOESN'T have a normal league. Plus other than Gladion Ash doesn't have any other real rivals in the region to pad things out. I suppose you could use Kiawe as one, but unless he has some secret Pokemon hidden away he only has like 3 on his team anyway. This series isn't like the others. It never has been. You can't keep comparing it to XY or even DP where there was a clear ending point (where he took on the league tournament) because at this point nothing is pointing to that even happening. Also Rowlet has no business evolving. It's whole thing is that it's small, goofy, and likes to hang out in Ash's backpack. Evolving it takes all of that away. From the very beginning Ash was essentially using this series as a vacation (quite literally actually). He's not even doing the Island challenge the way it's done in the game. It's all a very different formula and doesn't need to end in a tournament that Ash will inevitably lose. He can easily just finish up his Island Challenge, have one final big thing to test him, and then go home. All of this can happen without a tournament.

You say other than Gladion he didn't have other league rivals.

But in Kalos; he didn't have other League Rivals than Tierno (Since we didn't know Trevor was even doing the badge quest), before Sawyer and Alain where revealed, so thats a non-argument (Since in both Kanto and Johto, he had Only Gary as his rival before the league, in Hoenn he had Morisson and in Sinnoh he had Paul before Barry was revealed and Conway was the late league rival, since we didn't know he was doing the badge quest). So they can easily reveal Hau as the league rival... heck they can even throw Kahili in as a league rival, so she can win the tournament and join the E4.

The thing is: Evolving Litten takes away the perk it has with Delia, so that is also a non-argument.

The league is happening, else what was the point in hinting it, since guess what: They needed to build the league in Kalos as well (Since in the anime, the League is a Tournament).

Last edited:
Or they could Namek out a couple of big battles in order to hype up an early/mid '19 release. Ash could also be tapped to help test the new E4. The missing slot or two could be used to being back popular choices from the (Kanto) past to help. That will help keep the Genwunners and Genwhiners happy from all angles.

Tradition is nice, it's just that past performance never guarantees future behaviors. And this generation is already going to be a huge departure from the past.

You say other than Gladion he didn't have other league rivals.

But in Kalos; he didn't have other League Rivals than Tierno (Since we didn't know Trevor was even doing the badge quest), before Sawyer and Alain where revealed, so thats a non-argument (Since in both Kanto and Johto, he had Only Gary as his rival before the league, in Hoenn he had Morisson and in Sinnoh he had Paul before Barry was revealed and Conway was the late league rival, since we didn't know he was doing the badge quest). So they can easily reveal Hau as the league rival... heck they can even throw Kahili in as a league rival, so she can win the tournament and join the E4.

The thing is: Evolving Litten takes away the perk it has with Delia, so that is also a non-argument.

The league is happening, else what was the point in hinting it, since guess what: They needed to build the league in Kalos as well (Since in the anime, the League is a Tournament).

Ok fine you have me to some degree as far as the rivals are concerned. They could very well throw in some characters more or less last minute and make them fill in the slots for the tournament. The fact that you're assume there HAS to be a league based on one comment made Kukui is a little ridiculous tho. They have barely made any comments about the league the entire series. It's in Kukui's character to want to build a league. That's largely why they probably even had him say anything. To me that's not much of a hint. If a league was really going to happen (this year or next) they'd do more than just hint about it. It doesn't make any sense for a huge tournament just to appear out of no where. Especially since Ash lives with Kukui and would notice him planning something so huge. Also what are you talking about with Kalos? The league was already a thing. If it wasn't the badge system and gyms wouldn't have existed. It makes no sense for there to be no league and I don't even remember them saying anything at all about them "building" one in Kalos. I'd like to know where they specifically stated this.

As far as Litten goes no you can't use it's relationship with Delia as a counter point to the Rowlet not evolving point. Litten's relationship is largely that it's a snarky cat that doesn't like to be touched, but Delia breaks down it's walls. That relationship can still very much continue even if it evolves into an Inciniroar like it seems it will. On top of that Delia is not a main character that shows up in every episode. She's a supporting character that only shows up occasionally so the relationship isn't even that important anyway. Rowlet on the other hand has a very specific thing going with Ash who's the main character and has a very specific gimmick with Ash's backpack. You can continue gimmicks that involve personalities even when Pokemon evolves (similar to Ash's Bayleef) as such Litten can do with Delaia, but Rowlet wouldn't be able to fit in his backpack and continue his lazy streak the same way if it fully evolved. Also like it's been stated before they don't typically evolve the Joke Pokemon on his team so Rowlet would continue that trend.

In any event given that they're still rapidly speeding through content it's not impossible for them to have Ash's Pokemon evolve fast and for him to participate in a small tournament that ends just before December when the game would come out presumably.

Well regardless of the anime or any actual release dates I think we should still look to that analyst that is predicting at least some sort of reveal by the end of March. They may not be 100% accurate as they're only human and can only make said guesses based on what they do know, but considering they're not just some schmuck off the street I'd say they're more of a reliable predictor than most of the leakers. Since they're in a professional business they likely have reliable sources and intel on what is coming this year or in the future in general. I doubt they'd say what they did if they didn't think there was at least a small chance of them showing stuff this March. We'll just have to wait and see, but regardless of when the game comes out we may get a small peak into what it looks like and possibly a name at the very least.

And seeing its the most popular Alola fully evolved starter
I'm pretty sure Incineroar is more popular in Japan due to the whole wrestling and Tiger mask thing. And only Japan matters much to the anime.

And if Dartrix/Decidueye hasn't been showcased before June, it think its confirmed Ash will get it.
Or some league Rival of Ash's gets it.

I don't think the Alola league tournament (if there even is one) will be anything like the scale we've seen in past regions as it's brand new.

As far as Im aware Ultra Beasts aren't considered legends, you can catch an infinite number of most of them. The anime doesn't really use base stats but at 420 I don't think you can say Poipole is overpowered.

I don't think the Alola league tournament (if there even is one) will be anything like the scale we've seen in past regions as it's brand new.

As far as Im aware Ultra Beasts aren't considered legends, you can catch an infinite number of most of them. The anime doesn't really use base stats but at 420 I don't think you can say Poipole is overpowered.
Well they are bracketed in the same group as silvally by the pokedex but Poipole is one i think Ash might get.

Well they are bracketed in the same group as silvally by the pokedex but Poipole is one i think Ash might get.

To be precise, they're (the ultra beasts, Type: Null and Silvally) classified as "sub-legends" in the games coding, just like the legendary birds, beasts, regis, and every other legendary that's not a mythical, a version mascot, Zygarde or Mewtwo.

In order to not clog this with anime speculation, I'll state this in less words. In the end, yes, the anime is a good meter for telling where the promotion is heading, but it's the anime that reacts to the games and not the other way around. They can make anything happen if they have to. We'll still need to know how the next arc is being paced to be certain.

Last edited:
Well regardless of the anime or any actual release dates I think we should still look to that analyst that is predicting at least some sort of reveal by the end of March. They may not be 100% accurate as they're only human and can only make said guesses based on what they do know, but considering they're not just some schmuck off the street I'd say they're more of a reliable predictor than most of the leakers. Since they're in a professional business they likely have reliable sources and intel on what is coming this year or in the future in general. I doubt they'd say what they did if they didn't think there was at least a small chance of them showing stuff this March. We'll just have to wait and see, but regardless of when the game comes out we may get a small peak into what it looks like and possibly a name at the very least.

I think so too. March also puts us at 9 months since the first announcement from Ishihara last year, which I think is a long enough wait.

I kinda want the announcement of the Pokemon Direct to be hours before it airs, just to see the Internet completely lose their s***. It's more likely to be announced a couple days before or so, but still. Bring on the memes.

In order to not clog this with anime speculation, I'll state this in less words. In the end, yes, the anime is a good meter for telling where the promotion is heading, but it's the anime that reacts to the games and not the other way around. They can make anything happen if they have to. We'll still need to know how the next arc is being paced to be certain.

This! People seem to think that Masuda’s looking at the anime and saying “I can’t release the game now! Ash still has 2 trials!”

But back on topic. I think that Masuda going to TPC is a hint of something coming VERY soon; whether it being more infos on the Switch games, Zeraora or both. Though I do think we’re just going to get a YouTube video announcing Zeraora like Marshshadow was and it is not going to be made a big deal. (obviously it’ll be announced in CoroCoro in Japan) Unless they are infact holding off Zeraora for the next games.

Among other things, the analyst is probably relying on Nintendo's projection of selling 20 million Switch units by the end of March 2019, compared to 14 million for the Switch's first fiscal year. A combination of Pokemon and Animal Crossing would go a long way to make that happen.

And even if there is a traditional league, they have time for it even this year. There is no reason why they couldn't be done with the other developments by October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom