• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

At least Musashi looks pretty invested in whatever shocking seen we're witnessing them all observing. Here's to her PLEASE GOD not being an antagonist in this business...
That snippet in the trailer has me feeling better. Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who was upset about her role in that episode and nervous about her being portrayed like that here. SM 38's lessened my worries but I know there's still a possibility it could happen.
Kojiro gets badly poisoned and Hidoide ends up having to stay chez Kukui because Musashi has to take him to the hospital, or some such human-human thing!
Is it bad this scene came to mind?

Good news: Musashi isn't an antagonist. Thanks Sekine. Great news: Kojiro was poisoned at the end of the first half. Musashi was really worried throughout what we saw of it before we spent the rest of the episode with Hidoide. We don't see Kojiro or Musashi again until the next morning at the beach. Musashi nursed Kojiro back to health offscreen?

Last edited:
Musashi worrying for Kojirou's life is obviously the stuff we're all dying over.
To recap she:
- got acutely worried when she realised he was really poisoned
- was shown bent over his flaccid body in the cave in the dark (are you telling me she didn't stay up all night to nurse him?)
- said OUT LOUD that looking after his health > capturing a rare/strong/evolved/shiny Pokemon.

But ok what I can't get over is how many action/reaction shots they had with the two of them. The storyboard went overboard...

Here are some favourites:
The entire composition of this scene, like seriously, why is Musashi even there?:
AplqFSZqQUGs9-OADC15cA.png

What was the need for such a closeup reaction shot of her face?!:
ydKDc5KAQP2rmaHSqgLB5A.png

nuiak8gXSH2IQT_uZsFtkg.png

And this one just because when did she ever sit on the sidelines and cheer him on so positively?:
Kuv8pucrQ96LzmGOqVUmcg.png

More tomorrow!

I can't see her not staying up with him to take care of him. Actually I might write a fanfic about that after subs come out.
Listen, I'm gonna need about 6,000 fanfics about what was going on offscreen that night.
And, actually, my favorite reaction of hers was at the very end when she told Nyarth that it was okay to let Dohidoide go because Kojirou might not survive otherwise and then she looks over at him and... I don't know, it was just fond and I liked it.

And, actually, my favorite reaction of hers was at the very end when she told Nyarth that it was okay to let Dohidoide go because Kojirou might not survive otherwise and then she looks over at him and...
That is a very sweet scene. I unfortunately didn't get to see it until many minutes ago so I couldn't talk about it.

Last edited:
I probably should have spoiler tagged that, shouldn't I? I guess I can go back and do so now.
I'm always so happily surprised when I watch Pokemon subbed because I forget how much I enjoy the characterizations. It's like a completely different show from the English dub.
(Unrelated note about this episode-- Lugarugan sleeping like a regular dog is adorable)

I don't think you needed to spoiler tag that as it was an aftercredit scene and ii kanji's seen the episode too. Plus I'm very laid back about spoilers(besides I was already told of the scene:)).

Last edited:
Apologies for incoming picspam... It all got so much more cap-able with subs!! :p

1zs7dN.jpg

And Musashi is what exactly? :ROFLMAO:

YLd7Ur.jpg

zHejBo.jpg

1XTs9G.jpg

kQ8yli.jpg

vdtkIA.jpg

From the moment he first mentions releasing Hidoide...
1AbKLi.jpg

5ioIVn.jpg

(Although is it just me that thinks the expression change makes her look like she feels totally guilty for being a spendthrift?)
lCoM45.jpg

But after that she is pretty unimpressed with him more or less until he finally realises that Dohidoide means for him to keep Hidoide with him, after which she relaxes.
etPGU6.jpg

yIXPDA.jpg

PclXLY.jpg

Lol at this judgy reaction face tho:
a3qA1F.jpg

hrkwsm.jpg

The irony of that face to the preceding line though :LOL:

rbKtYS.jpg

aOhbqk.jpg

(I love which line of the song gets caught in these frames as well!)

daEXJe.jpg

q2XSCf.jpg

Apparently 20 pics is the limit for any single post! Who knew?!

Anyway, best for last ;):
uShGr5.jpg

sbTwgq.jpg

BgsAtr.jpg

She still takes it seriously second time round...
7y5RmB.jpg

rDOF4K.jpg

wcukoC.jpg

Look how tensed up she's gotten by the time of his "evolution", after which she completely chills tf out!
lHvzUF.jpg

Best Poke-Problem EVER:
7asl2J.jpg

fybeAF.jpg

U9czNm.jpg

GQkJiX.jpg

9pPKd1.jpg

Isforp.jpg

HER FACE!!! :cry::love:

(Although is it just me that thinks the expression change makes her look like she feels totally guilty for being a spendthrift?)
That was how I was reading that scene.
And Musashi is what exactly? :ROFLMAO:
It seems like Hidoide sees her as a galpal.
Is it bad I didn't know what a stud was until I looked it up after watching this scene?
Best Poke-Problem EVER:
I ended up having a dream last night of the Yowashi scenario.:confused: Musashi saved him.:)
AWWW!!! I squee every time I watch this scene.

Last edited:
Hey there. It's nice to meet you. Do you have a favorite Rocketshippy moment?
Nice to meet you, too, TRNatalie.

Basically, whenever Jessie and James have a romantic moment, you forget that they're the bad guys, and it just feels like there's chemistry between them.

Yeah. It's how I feel whenever I watch them(although there's definitely a good side to them too)
I agree. Like, when James offered Cacnea his bag of crackers. We never see Ash and friends do this. And, later on, James captures Cacnea in one of the most heartwarming ways. Yet, Ash and company think that Cacnea was stolen.

I agree. Like, when James offered Cacnea his bag of crackers. We never see Ash and friends do this. And, later on, James captures Cacnea in one of the most heartwarming ways. Yet, Ash and company think that Cacnea was stolen.
Yes that was so sweet. It's hilarious in hindsight watching that episode with the most recent episode in mind because Ash was completely different. I got into Pokemon thanks to the third movie so it was weird entering the series, realizing they were bad guys after seeing them save a kid's life and care about a little girl. And then there's this moment
tumblr_n7jxmcHp851teiz15o6_500.jpg

Yes that was so sweet. It's hilarious in hindsight watching that episode with the most recent episode in mind because Ash was completely different. I got into Pokemon thanks to the third movie so it was weird entering the series, realizing they were bad guys after seeing them save a kid's life and care about a little girl. And then there's this moment
tumblr_n7jxmcHp851teiz15o6_500.jpg
Which episode is this?

Also, sometimes, you can't help but feel mixed feelings for them when they are happy while blasting off.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom