• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

List of Pokémon by base stats (Generation VII-present) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

on this page I used to be able to sort by column so I could like sort by highest base speed etc. Now on all my browsers (chrome, opera and phone) these arrows to sort the columns have disappeared, which is unfortunate because that was an incredibly useful function

2sEUy6z.png

It's Christmas and editing of Bulbapedia is still locked because of the USUM-related server stress! Hurry up and unlock editing of Bulbapedia and let the servers allow!

This issue has already swelled into ridiculous proportions. Even the admins aren't flawless, so errors keep slipping in every now and then, and not being able to fix them is honestly painful to watch. Please, open the site before the year changes to avoid making this even more ridiculous than it already is!

At least, I could create my own account. But, then, editing is blocked. (n)

Please only make comments to alert staff of any issues there are with the site, not complaining about the wiki being locked. Complaining about it won't make it get unlocked any faster.

Now that the lock is over, a "real" site issue is that the search engine is still not working at 100% as not only does it not always work (forcing me to reload the page, or move to a new page), not everything is being presented on it either as I try to go to the Skull and Armor Fossil page, but it is not showing up on the search engine.

I don't have an account and have ad block, but somehow these annoying ads bypass it and get in a way and annoying. It also takes up 50% of the page, making the information of the page squished and crowded.
annoying_ads_by_kirby_4_ever-dc1b8fk.png

annoying_ad_2_by_kirby_4_ever-dc1b8t9.png

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread
I may be doing this wrong, but I can't figure out how to edit my profile page. When I click on it all it says is this:
Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.39.14 PM.png

I don't have an account and have ad block, but somehow these annoying ads bypass it and get in a way and annoying. It also takes up 50% of the page, making the information of the page squished and crowded.
annoying_ads_by_kirby_4_ever-dc1b8fk.png

annoying_ad_2_by_kirby_4_ever-dc1b8t9.png

Those were placed there by the ad providers, they've intentionally made them unblockable by adblock. There's noting we can do about it.

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread
I may be doing this wrong, but I can't figure out how to edit my profile page. When I click on it all it says is this:
View attachment 107963

You have to be autoconfirmed to be able to make your userpage. To be autoconfirmed, you have to be a user for some time and have made a certain amount of edits to the mainspace.

I'm continuing to be unable to use sorting functions at all, which is the same problem Mijzelffan shared in this post:
List of Pokémon by base stats (Generation VII-present) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

on this page I used to be able to sort by column so I could like sort by highest base speed etc. Now on all my browsers (chrome, opera and phone) these arrows to sort the columns have disappeared, which is unfortunate because that was an incredibly useful function

2sEUy6z.png
Per this talk page, others seem to also be having this issue depending on their browser. This issue has been ongoing since sometime during the two-month editing lockdown late last year.

If possible, could the staff at least let us know whether they're aware of the problem, and whether there are any plans to address it?

I'm continuing to be unable to use sorting functions at all, which is the same problem Mijzelffan shared in this post:

Per this talk page, others seem to also be having this issue depending on their browser. This issue has been ongoing since sometime during the two-month editing lockdown late last year.

If possible, could the staff at least let us know whether they're aware of the problem, and whether there are any plans to address it?
Yes. I'm sorry, we've probably heard about it a dozen times and answered it several of those; but the only place at the moment I'm sure we have is Discord, so I'm sorry that it's gone unremarked other places.

Whenever I'm using Bulbapedia while logged in on my mobile device, pages tend to have big blank white spaces where an advert is obviously supposed to appear, instead of the big white space not being there at all like it should be. This makes some pages just unpleasant to look at.

Back
Top Bottom