• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very late in giving my two cents; but here they are:

• Firstly, I think it's a good idea to give M20 a continuity of some kind, on the condition that it covers areas that the first film dealt with in a quite cavalier way (it was definitely a situation of overcrowding a film, so it lost a lot of exposition on areas).
  • I hope they don't spend too much time on call-backs to the Original Series, but I reckon it's inevitable that they will. In M20, I felt a lot of these call-backs were okay (it's nice to remember scenes, and nostalgia seems to be quite an appealing trend with animated films lately) but they were unnecessary, or they were altered in an unsatisfactory way, or they intruded on some much-needed exposition to the actual plot line. A few callbacks are beneficial, I'm not advocating to get rid of them entirely since I think they do act as an incentive for people, not just dedicated fans, to purchase tickets and watch. ( I feel this and the fact it was a film to mark the 20th anniversary was one of the sole reasons it was released in the cinema in my country).
  • I'm not too certain how they'll tie both characters in from M20 (Sorrel seems easier to tie into it, however considering Makoto's storyline at the end of M20, seems slightly more difficult - however if the writers want them there, they will conjure some reason for them to be there), however I'd be somewhat exasperated if they don't appear, as one of my biggest issues with M20 was their lack of exposition and development, so having continuation could be used to effectively manage this. Otherwise, I'm not particularly interested in continuity of any sort; I didn't feel M20 had much to appeal to me other than the novelty of seeing it in the cinema, so strip away that novelty, and my interest fades. Cross as well, I would like further exposition on him.
  • I have no feelings on the new character. I hope they have their development as well.
  • I really hope Team Rocket make a good contribution to the plot in this film unlike M20, however I do not expect that this will happen.

I'm very late in giving my two cents; but here they are:
  • I really hope Team Rocket make a good contribution to the plot in this film unlike M20, however I do not expect that this will happen.
Yeah, I watched the fanedit of the dub that adds back in the Japanese soundtrack, and I was wondering why it seemed like Team Rocket never actually interacted with Ash in person throughout the entire film. They basically never even met each other.

Oh, yeah, first post in I don't know how many years...

She kinda looks Plumeria-esque to me. I'm not sure whether she's friend or foe.

Hooooooo my God, I had the worst nightmare about this film last night! Basically another trailer got released and whilst Kojirou (and everyone else, obvs) looked super cute, Musashi was drawn and animated in the exact style of Yuusaku Takeda circa AG! :eek:

Let's hope that was a reverse good omen of some kind...

PS. When are we expecting the next trailer?

Uwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuwwu so long to waaaiiiiit!!

Oh lord........that would be worse than just re-using the XY model sheets again.

We honestly don't even know if they'll be in this film ): like they probably will but I could see them being in the credits only or just being left out entirely.

Oh lord........that would be worse than just re-using the XY model sheets again.

We honestly don't even know if they'll be in this film ): like they probably will but I could see them being in the credits only or just being left out entirely.
Probably not. If I had to take a guess, they'll probably make minor appearances throughout the movie like last time and hardly impact the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom