• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I thought about that, but you can see everything listed there falls perfectly with the info given about the episodes back then. Watching the previews these summaries fit nearly perfectly, and I even came across someone who joined the facts with pictures from them. In the end, fake or not, it merges well with the other info.
Furthermore, Bulbapedia has summaries on the episodes that are pretty much the same, so I think they used that as a source as well? (I know Bulbapedia could be wrong, but saying that to make the point).

And the last hint, per see, it's on my first post, how it's a weaker version of Operation Tempest with Plasma-dan on it. I had theorized in the past, based on the reused animation, that the skipped two-parter couldn't be that different from the other two-parters we got across the saga. It's not hard to guess the last one could've been made as a way to rewrite the plasma ones. Or give the fanbase the originals they wanted (sort of).

All in all, because of these hints, I believe it's real.

(I don't know how reliable Bulbapedia is btw xD)

It actually seemed like a pretty cool 2-parter, much more interesting than any of the later Rocket trio 2-parters that is........

I'm still giving the writers the benefit of the doubt and assuming that there was SOME reasoning relating to the trio's return to the white uniforms and (brief) return to comic relief by the end of this

Well it's not because anyone can edit it :p
Anyone? Really? Wow, had no idea xD

I mean, Wikipedia now has mods, right?

It actually seemed like a pretty cool 2-parter, much more interesting than any of the later Rocket trio 2-parters that is........

I'm still giving the writers the benefit of the doubt and assuming that there was SOME reasoning relating to the trio's return to the white uniforms and (brief) return to comic relief by the end of this

Idk, giving this is true, and like I said, it's too well written and planned to not be, I still prefer the Meloetta two-parter. It's not bad episodes, course, but I expected more.
Well, we know that it takes 6 months to produce an episode and, by the time the skipped ones were supposed to air, OLM'd be making the Don Battles tournament, so we can assume the change to white uniforms was always planned. Why they decide to do that so early, or have Trio wear pallet swaps in the first episodes beats me. I'll go with giving Sakaki (and by far the Rocket-dan, the organization), some spotlight after so long.

I have my doubts. First, there is not closure for Pierce. Obviously, the series still does forgot and drops ideas randomly even in the present day, but if he were to stay as a Team Rocket administrative I'm positive he would get at least a cameo on the 20-25 episodes that were in production.
Second, it's that the synopsis is too detailed, and the number of people who might have watched the episode is very small. And you have to have very good memory if you remember all the details from something you last saw more than 5 years ago.

Obviously, contacting a member on the staff in this age isn't that hard, and he/she could have saved a summary on his/her personal computer, but I won't believe it until it's official. It's nice someone did it through.

Well, BW's known for its sloppy writing and awful closure to characters, right? If you think straight, neither Cabernet nor Langley had satisfying conclusions. So a small character didn't actually needed one, I think.

It depends on the second point. Like, how we know the people didn't watch the episode recently? And the number of people who have access to it is little, but not minimal, if you think both OLM, TV Tokyo and even TPCI could have it stored.

Anyway, by BW standards, I expect a bad writing to be fair. Of course, if this turns out to be fake, that's okay. Still, I wouldn't wish for epic episodes because... It's been clear to me for some time this two-parter is not epic.

The summaries look pretty reasonable and honestly, I didn't think it sounded too bad. It did sound like it had a bit more action and excitement than the Meloetta event at least. Granted, I still don't think that the two parter would have drastically improved BW. It might have been a good fun two part event, but considering how much involvement Team Plasma had before and after the episodes were going to air, I doubt that it would have changed the course of the series considerably like a lot of people did.

I also don't think that Pierce not being mentioned doesn't necessarily mean that these summaries aren't accurate. I think that out of the supporting cast, only Trip got some decent amount of closure/send-off. They didn't even bother to do anything with Bianca, Georgia or Burgundy outside of an ending theme, which showed how much the series cared about its supporting cast. The idea that they just dropped Pierce all of a sudden wouldn't be too much of a stretch. It is possible that he was going to be more involved with other plans they had for Team Plasma before they had to change things up.

I doubt that they'll air the episodes by this point, but it would be nice if we got confirmation of these summaries at least. They do seem to match pretty well with what we do know to make them sound believable at least.

Zager had the same destiny too. After the Meloetta arc, no mentions anymore (outside that ending )

The summaries look pretty reasonable and honestly, I didn't think it sounded too bad. It did sound like it had a bit more action and excitement than the Meloetta event at least. Granted, I still don't think that the two parter would have drastically improved BW. It might have been a good fun two part event, but considering how much involvement Team Plasma had before and after the episodes were going to air, I doubt that it would have changed the course of the series considerably like a lot of people did.

I also don't think that Pierce not being mentioned doesn't necessarily mean that these summaries aren't accurate. I think that out of the supporting cast, only Trip got some decent amount of closure/send-off. They didn't even bother to do anything with Bianca, Georgia or Burgundy outside of an ending theme, which showed how much the series cared about its supporting cast. The idea that they just dropped Pierce all of a sudden wouldn't be too much of a stretch. It is possible that he was going to be more involved with other plans they had for Team Plasma before they had to change things up.

I doubt that they'll air the episodes by this point, but it would be nice if we got confirmation of these summaries at least. They do seem to match pretty well with what we do know to make them sound believable at least.

Do you have an idea from where Bulbapedia get their summaries and/or how credible the source is?

And yes, I doubt it would have changed the quality of BW. Not even N, Cynthia, Dawn, and Charizard could save BW.

Also, how many million times have we seen Pokémon getting brainwashed?

Do you have an idea from where Bulbapedia get their summaries and/or how credible the source is?

If you're referring to this summary, then I don't know. I'm not involved with Bulbapedia, so I wouldn't really know anything about these summaries or how credible the source is.

SinnohEevee said:
And yes, I doubt it would have changed the quality of BW. Not even N, Cynthia, Dawn, and Charizard could save BW.

To be fair, the execution for most of those characters were the main issue. Dawn was written pretty out of character during her return, Charizard did virtually nothing worthwhile after its return episode and while N was written more in character with his game counterpart compared to Bianca, not adapting the B/W storyline would make his B2/W2 characterization much less noteworthy. I just remember hearing people think that BW would be far in a way better if the two episodes had aired and they were able to do what they planned to do with Team Plasma. I never quite understood that when BW had a lot more problems than just the skipped two parter. Out of all of the issues I had with BW, I don't think that the skipped two parter would rank particularly high on that list. At best, it could have been a highlight of the series rather than something more infamous, but I doubt that it would have changed the course of the series completely.

Until a few years ago I really wanted to know what'd happen in those episodes. As expecting a lot from them, such as a possible Satoshi\Sakaki encounter (with the former introducing himself), Plasma with a clear and major appearance, more on the sunglasses Waruvile and of course action and good animation. Now, I don't think they're bad episodes, not at all. They are probably amazing in their own right.

However, according to my earlier expectations, it'd be a big let down. Since, summarizing with the tumblr acc source, not much would've taken place there than we didn't already see in the Operation Tempest finale (basicaly Rocket-dan having a big role with Sakaki, doing some ritual that puts the world in danger, Satoshi-tachi get involved somehow, Sakaki gets what he wants for a good chunk, there's a big showdown, Rocket-dan is defeated, they return to Kanto and everything is resolved). The only difference is Plasma-dan's appearance, if you see.

I liked Flint as well, back then I believe he'd be important somehow. But, as we know, after these skipped episodes he was never mentioned again. So, it's clear the airing of this two-parter wouldnt have saved BW, at all. (though it's interesting to think what'd happen in the Tempest saga assuming it wouldn't exist, would there be more fillers?)

Yeah...I'm not entirely buying it. That's fairly dull and anti-climactic after all the hype these 2 episodes got.

Then again, that's about how the Show usually handles Villain Team arcs. Plus, this is BW we're talking about here. :cautious:

I wouldn't even be so surprised if they set up Pierce and Doc Zagar just to discard them since that's what happened to ALL of BW's supporting characters :cry:

If these summaries are true, TPvsTR is basically a mix of TAvsTM finale and Operation Tempest.

And heck, Operation Tempest was basically a mix of the TAvsTM finale and TR's big Johto capers.

Last edited:
If Operation Tempest didn't exist, then I suspect that we probably would have gotten more filler episodes. A part of me would hope that they'd be able to do what they originally wanted with Team Plasma if the two parter had been able to air, but I also have a hard time seeing that happening. There weren't any signs of Team Plasma in any of the episodes following the two parter. It's possible that they could have edited out small scenes involving or mentioning them, but it's doubtful that they would have been able to alter already completed episodes that heavily featured Team Plasma considering how long it takes for them to complete an episode. Considering that and how B2/W2 came along with different Team Plasma groups, I'm not sure if they could have done more with Team Plasma even if the two parter had been able to air. The usual decision of waiting too long to introduce the new evil teams and B2/W2 might have prevented them from doing their original plans for Team Plasma.

They'd probably become the next GS Ball (BW Plasma I mean). I strongly believe one of the reasons the episodes never aired is B2W2.I can't be sure when the sequels were decided or when OLM were contacted, but the hints of a "hero" (one of the trailers does have a grunt mentioning it) does suggest a BW Plasma was planned. Since B2W2 Plasma had nothing to do with BW, and in order to adapt the new games, we never heard from them again.

Also, I really don't believe anything about them was cut after the two-parter, possibly there was nothing in that gap.

If you're referring to this summary, then I don't know. I'm not involved with Bulbapedia, so I wouldn't really know anything about these summaries or how credible the source is.

To be fair, the execution for most of those characters were the main issue. Dawn was written pretty out of character during her return, Charizard did virtually nothing worthwhile after its return episode and while N was written more in character with his game counterpart compared to Bianca, not adapting the B/W storyline would make his B2/W2 characterization much less noteworthy. I just remember hearing people think that BW would be far in a way better if the two episodes had aired and they were able to do what they planned to do with Team Plasma. I never quite understood that when BW had a lot more problems than just the skipped two parter. Out of all of the issues I had with BW, I don't think that the skipped two parter would rank particularly high on that list. At best, it could have been a highlight of the series rather than something more infamous, but I doubt that it would have changed the course of the series completely.

It seems they became complacent after the success that was DP.
This is a show that has no problem regressing its main protagonist.

Back
Top Bottom