• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that we get to see Zeraora this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers! I want to get Zeraora out of the way, so that we can pave a path open for some Generation 8 stuff.

I think regardless of when we see gen 8 news we'll definitely be getting Zeraora in the next week or so. What that means for gen 8 news I'm not yet sure, but we'll all have to keep an open eye and mind about things.

To tell the truth, I don't know how the battle system could be simplified, not when at the very least, it was two touches on the lower screen. That's about as simple as any RPG system can be without having the attacks selectable from the outset. That makes no sense for how Pokemon has to be structured.

I think regardless of when we see gen 8 news we'll definitely be getting Zeraora in the next week or so. What that means for gen 8 news I'm not yet sure, but we'll all have to keep an open eye and mind about things.

I'm not so certain. If they announce Pokemon switch at E3 they still have more then enough time to announce Zeraora 4 more months in fact if I remember when E3 is correctly.

I'm not so certain. If they announce Pokemon switch at E3 they still have more then enough time to announce Zeraora 4 more months in fact if I remember when E3 is correctly.

True, but they never wait that long to announce the name of the movie. If Zeraora's name isn't in the title then I have no idea why they're taking so long with it. They almost always announce the movie titles in February and typically they're in CoroCoro. This time it's not so the only other time this month that I can think of is this weekend with that actor on Pokenchi with "big news". Plus why keep it secret for this long if there isn't something special about it? That says to me that either Zeraora's name is in it or something gen 8 is. The more likely of the 2 is Zeraora.

Curiously as far as I've seen there's still no title. This makes me definitely think there' something up in the movie that we're not supposed to know about. If the title was nondescript like "I Choose You' then they'd have put it in CoroCoro or even announced it much earlier. They haven't however. This makes me think Zeraora will be in the title.
Interestingly, before Zoroark and Zorua were revealed, M14 was just known as 'Supreme Ruler of Illusions: Z'. Also, someone appearing with big news reminds me of when Masuda appeared on Pokémon Sunday to reveal Zoroark's silhouette. Interpret that as you will.

True, but they never wait that long to announce the name of the movie. If Zeraora's name isn't in the title then I have no idea why they're taking so long with it. They almost always announce the movie titles in February and typically they're in CoroCoro. This time it's not so the only other time this month that I can think of is this weekend with that actor on Pokenchi with "big news". Plus why keep it secret for this long if there isn't something special about it? That says to me that either Zeraora's name is in it or something gen 8 is. The more likely of the 2 is Zeraora.
Do we know that the movie has a title that hasn't been revealed yet? I was assuming it was just "Pokémon: The Movie 2018" as a reference to "Pokémon: The Movie 2000".

Do we know that the movie has a title that hasn't been revealed yet? I was assuming it was just "Pokémon: The Movie 2018" as a reference to "Pokémon: The Movie 2000".

There isn't an official title yet. The Pokemon: The Movie 2018 is just a place holder. Also that movie title from 2000 still had a tagline of "The power of one". Also the Japanese title of it was "Pocket Monsters the Movie - Mirage Pokémon: Lugia's Explosive Birth; officially known as Revelation-Lugia in Japan". So yeah we still need a full title which was not in CoroCoro. As a new note that I saw on Twitter apparently there's gonna be a big scoop next month about Lugia. Not sure what that'd mean, but we should be getting sat least something newish next month. Whether that means gen 8 related things I'm not sure.

Interestingly, before Zoroark and Zorua were revealed, M14 was just known as 'Supreme Ruler of Illusions: Z'. Also, someone appearing with big news reminds me of when Masuda appeared on Pokémon Sunday to reveal Zoroark's silhouette. Interpret that as you will.

Yeah I'm definitely feeling that as well. In this case I'm almost certain that Yudai Chiba (the guy appearing on the show) is gonna play Zeraora. If not that idk. Maybe they'll have him play Lugia? haha

EDIT: Apparently a big scoop on Lugia for next month in CoroCoro. Wonder what they plan to tell us about it that we don't already know. Other than its part in the new movie I'm not sure.....

Last edited:
Yeah I'm definitely feeling that as well. In this case I'm almost certain that Yudai Chiba (the guy appearing on the show) is gonna play Zeraora. If not that idk. Maybe they'll have him play Lugia? haha
I could see that happening, to be honest. Have Zeraora's seiyuu appear to announce it for the movie.

EDIT: Apparently a big scoop on Lugia for next month in CoroCoro. Wonder what they plan to tell us about it that we don't already know. Other than its part in the new movie I'm not sure.....
Mega Lugia Probably Lugia's role in the plot and how it relates to Ash and whatever will be announced in Pokénchi.

Mega Lugia Probably Lugia's role in the plot and how it relates to Ash and whatever will be announced in Pokénchi.

Yeah that or maybe they'll announce the distribution for it. I imagine Lugia will be the ticket preorder bonus and then Zeraora the distribution for when the movie actually comes out.

With this whole "big scoop" thing on Lugia promised in CoroCoro next month, now I'm worried about a Johto Remake and that they'll reveal a new form for Lugia or something. Lol. Oh great. The worrying just never ends.

With this whole "big scoop" thing on Lugia promised in CoroCoro next month, now I'm worried about a Johto Remake and that they'll reveal a new form for Lugia or something. Lol. Oh great. The worrying just never ends.

Don't even start with a Johto fear. It's gonna be a new region......lol

Don't even start with a Johto fear. It's gonna be a new region......lol

I hope so. I really do. I'd like the region to be based off of England. London would be nice. I'd love to visit there one day. But to be honest, I'd be fine with whatever region they decide to base the Switch games off of. Through Pokémon, I've learned a lot of lore from various areas in the world such as Norse Mythology in Generation 6 and Hawaiian Mythology in Generation 7. It's pretty fun! I was actually so excited to learn more about Norse Mythology, that my Aunt bought me a book on Norse Myths once.

Lugia surfaces!!!!!!!
The true identity of the mysterious shadow we could see in the teaser... was the legendary Pokémon Lugia!!!
Blurb: Both the Pokémon that was gliding over Satoshi and the shadow on the water surface were Lugia!

The Lugia that has appeared many times in movies already is back!!
Lugia has appeared in past movies, acting as Satoshi's ally. How does it get involved in our tale this time around?!

Pocket Monsters the Movie: "The Explosive Birth of the Mythical Pokémon Lugia"
When it first appeared, it was under the moniker of The Mysterious Pokémon "X". It created a lot of public interest by appearing in the movie prior to its appearance in a video game.

Pokémon the movie XY: "The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa"
It appeared as a representative of "Pokémon Gold/Silver"!

The Legendary Pokémon Lugia
Species: Diving Pokémon
Type: Psychic/Flying
Height: 5.2m
Weight: 216kg

Does this movie follow in the same vein as last year's movie, with Lugia holding the key to the tale just like Houou did last year?!

Pay extra attention to Lugia this year!
Next issue we'll announce an important scoop on Lugia!!

Lugia surfaces!!!!!!!
The true identity of the mysterious shadow we could see in the teaser... was the legendary Pokémon Lugia!!!
Blurb: Both the Pokémon that was gliding over Satoshi and the shadow on the water surface were Lugia!

The Lugia that has appeared many times in movies already is back!!
Lugia has appeared in past movies, acting as Satoshi's ally. How does it get involved in our tale this time around?!

Pocket Monsters the Movie: "The Explosive Birth of the Mythical Pokémon Lugia"
When it first appeared, it was under the moniker of The Mysterious Pokémon "X". It created a lot of public interest by appearing in the movie prior to its appearance in a video game.

Pokémon the movie XY: "The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa"
It appeared as a representative of "Pokémon Gold/Silver"!

The Legendary Pokémon Lugia
Species: Diving Pokémon
Type: Psychic/Flying
Height: 5.2m
Weight: 216kg

Does this movie follow in the same vein as last year's movie, with Lugia holding the key to the tale just like Houou did last year?!

Pay extra attention to Lugia this year!
Next issue we'll announce an important scoop on Lugia!!

Thanks for translating! Next month is going to be interesting for sure. Or knowing CoroCoro, it could also be a dud. We'll see what March has to offer. It feels like it's going to take forever. February has been going by so slow for me.

Seems to me like it's little more than what Lugia's role will be. Then again, that depends on what they'll show during the weekend.

If Lugia does actually get something I bet it's a new mechanic. They could give it a new mechanic and have it face off against Zeraora. For what reason? Who knows, but you could ask why they made Marshadow a bad guy in the last movie too lol

Sounds like Lugia is getting something special

I just again, pray it's not a new form or something. Which would bring back to life the Kanto Remake rumor or even a new rumor like a Johto Remake. Lol. Just to make me worry more. Your sources, like @lavandula's sources, think that the Switch games are going to be set in a new region with new Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom