• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO The Official Pokémon GO Community Day Thread!

Reaction score
Hey all,

With the first community day gone and a second already announced, here's a thread where we can list, record and discuss the community days as they become available. :) Check the link and your region to see what times the event is going on!

Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day! - Pokémon GO

1. January 20, 2018 - Pikachu (Shiny rate increased, exclusive move (Surf), 3 hour Lures, 2x XP)
  2. Februrary 24, 2018 - Dratini (Shiny introduced, exclusive move (Draco Meteor for Dragonite), 3 hour Lures, 3x catch Stardust)
  3. March 25, 2018 - Bulbasaur (Shiny introduced, exclusive move (Frenzy Plant for Venusaur), 3 hour Lures, 3x catch XP)
  4. April 15, 2018 - Mareep (exclusive move (Dragon Pulse for Ampharos), 3 hour Lures, 1/4 Egg hatching distance)
  5. May 19, 2018 - Charmander (exclusive move (Blast Burn for Charizard), 3-hour Lures, 3x catch Stardust)
  6. June 16, 2018 - Larvitar (exclusive move (Smack Down for Tyranitar), 3-hour Lures, 3x catch XP)
  7. July 8, 2018 - Squirtle (exclusive move (Hydro Cannon for Blastoise), 3-hour lures, 1/4 egg hatching distance)
  8. August 11 and 12, 2018 - Eevee (exclusive move (Last Resort for Eevee and all Eeveelutions), 3-hour lures, 3x catch Stardust)
  9. September 22, 2018 - Chikorita (exclusive move (Frenzy Plant), 3-hour lures, 3x catch XP)
  10. October 21, 2018 - Beldum (exclusive move (Meteor Mash), 3-hour lures, 1/4 Egg hatching distance, extra hour for exclusive move)
  11. November 10, 2018 - Cyndaquil (exclusive move (Blast Burn), 3-hour lures, 3X Catch XP and Stardust, extra hour for exclusive move)
  12. December - All the previous community day Pokemon re-released
  13. January 12 2019- Totodile (exclusive move (Hydro Cannon), 3-hour lures, 1/4 egg hatching distance, extra hour for exclusive move)
  14. February 16 2019 - Swinub (exclusive move (AncientPower), 3-hour lures, 3x catch stardust, extra hour for exclusive move, Mamoswine unlocked)
  15. March 23, 2019 - Treecko (exclusive move (Frenzy Plant), 3-hour lures, 1/4 egg hatching distance, extra hour for exclusive move)
  16. April 13, 2019 - Bagon (exclusive move (Outrage), 3-hour lures, 3x catch XP, extra hour for exclusive move)
  17. May 19, 2019 - Torchic (exclusive move (Blast Burn), 3-hour lures, 3x catch stardust, extra hour for exclusive move)
  18. June 8, 2019 - Slakoth (exclusive move (Body Slam), 3-hour lures, 1/4 egg hatching distance, extra hour for exclusive move)
  19. July 21, 2019 - Mudkip (exclusive move (Hydro Cannon), 3-hour lures, 3x catch XP, extra hour for exclusive move)
  20. August 3, 2019 - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so February's Community Day got me:
  • 4 Shiny Dratini (those alone are more than half I ever got so far, my total is 7):
  1. 10 CP Level 1 and evolved into Dragonite 46. Nicknamed "The 46", it's a rare collectible (the only Level 1 Shiny Dragonite in town so far), I put it around Gyms for fun these days.
  2. Dratini 361, kept as is.
  3. High CP but terrible IV one, evolved into Dragonair 1169.
  4. Mid-to-low CP mid-to-high IV one, evolved and powered up into Dragonite 3013, viable for Rayquaza Raids.
  • 100% IV Dratini, powered up to the max, now Dragonite 3581. My #2 (surpassing Groudon!) and a top generalist/Rayquaza counter.
  • Dragon Gold Medal, at last. Was trying hard for this one so I can have maximum chances of catching Rayquaza, but it's good for all Dragon-types I may catch.
Unfortunately, Stardust-wise, it didn't go so well as the 100% IV Dratini took away a bit too much of it so instead of gaining in, I got down to 100k :( But most major projects (other than Rayquaza) are finished for now, so I'll slowly and steadily get back up eventually.

Dratini Candy-wise, I started off with 114 and ended up evolving 3 Dragonite and 1 Dragonair, powering up a Dragonite to max and another one a bit, and have 27 Candy left. So that went pretty cool and I'm pretty much done with the Dratini line now. I have 6 high end Dragonite, one with Hurricane for Machamp Raid utility and the rest for a Dragon Top 6 (alongside Rayquaza when I power that up, and not counting the eventual Salamence). I've got enough Shinies to have one of each evolutionary stage (with the Dragonite being usable in battle) and even an extra rare collectible Dragonite.

Overall I'd say this event was GREAT. I had tons of fun with my friends all 3 hours going around the park to grab as many Dratini as possible and running a bit further for the 100%. It was a bit tiring, sure, but most certainly worth it.

*rubs hands together with glee*

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the community day. I was on my way home after lunch with a friend and decided to stop by the mall for a raid in mind - I was hoping to get a Kyogre.

But ho, when I turned on the game the entire map was full of pink confetti from every single poke stop in the mall and there were Dratinis all over the place! I caught every Dratini within the map, getting two shinies within the first ten minutes of participation. It was a Saturday afternoon, and the mall was already packed with shoppers. Add to that, there were Pokemon Go players who visited to take advantage of the pokestops. Even though it was cold, there were people huddled outside the mall in groups, swiping their phones like mad. It was WILD.

My phone was dying fast, and I regretted not packing an extra battery with me. I did have my charger, so I looked around for a charging station. The cafe in the mall was packed full of customers, many of them charging their phones. I was lucky enough to secure a seat. The cafe was located in between two pokestops, both of which were lured and within range of my avatar. I used an incense and spent the next thirty minutes relaxing while the game continued to spawn Dratinis.

On my way home, I caught a third shiny Dratini and many more regular ones. The Dratinis stopped spawning at 6pm.

I successfully evolved one of the shinies into a 2507 Dragonite (Spark said it was "great". Not the best, but I really wanted a shiny Dragonite so I was satisfied). I had enough candies to evolve it and power it up. I am going to place it in a gym the first opportunity I get.

In my excitement for the community day event, I forgot all about Kyogre.

Ended up catching about 60 Dratini with 4 shinies. None of them were about 85%, so I ended up evolving just one of my shinies to a 147 CP Dragonite with Draco Meteor :) Also got the silver Dragon badge. Overall it was a great event! I just wish I had more time to play a little more.

Preparations for Community Day #3: Bulbasaur.

>I already have two 793 CP Bulbasaur (about level 30 and 70% IV both), as well as 81 Bulbasaur Candy saved up.
>Stocking up on Ultra Balls, Pinap Berries and Razz Berries. Bulbasaur is as hard to catch as Pikachu, except this time I'm much more interested in catching them instead of shiny checking them, because the XP bonus is only on catches, so no need to save time on mass evolutions/spend time on gathering respective fodder. It's also more useful as a catch. Unfortunately it's not as easy as Dratini, so I can't just go Pinap on everything, which is where the Razz come in (as I'm only saving Golden Razz for the Shiny, 100% or very high CP ones).
>Debatable point: I have 6 Lucky Eggs (thanks to the Ultra Box I recently bought), but I am very unsure over whether they are worth using this event or not. A Lucky Egg used on Legendary Raid/mass evolution combinations nets me about 80.000 XP in 30 minutes (multiplied in appropriate XP events). To get this much I'd need a really high amount of catches I just don't think I'll be able to achieve consistently for 3 whole hours.

My plan for the event is to just catch as many Pokemon as possible for the XP, focusing on Bulbasaur. Hoping for a few Shiny ones and at least one 100% IV nearby. Will evolve at least one, hopefully more; especially if I get a Shiny, I'd like an evolved one. Just hope I won't get a Level 1 again, else I'll need even more for the collectible factor like Dragonite 46

Looking forward to this Community Day starring Bulbagarden's mascot :D

Apr 15, 2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Central Daylight Time

Community Day
Get out and play together in your local community parks on Pokémon GO Community Day. For just a few hours each month, you can encounter a special Pokémon in the wild. During these hours, there's a chance to learn a previously unavailable move for that Pokémon or its evolution, as well as earn some Community Day bonuses. Celebrate what it means to be a part of the Pokémon GO community and make new friends along the way!
Note: Fast TMs and Charged TMs will not grant exclusive moves during Community Day. To learn the exclusive move, you must catch or evolve the featured Pokémon during Community Day hours.

Find a Meetup Near You
Are you looking for Community Day event details or other Pokémon GO-related meetups happening in your city? There are many websites and platforms that Pokémon GO players use to organize with their local communities. To connect with other Trainers near you, try searching for your city name in conjunction with Pokémon GO on your preferred search engine, or finding groups in your area on social media channels, apps, and websites such as Facebook, Discord, Slack, WhatsApp, and more! These groups are managed independently by players and are not sponsored by Niantic, but offer great opportunities to meet Trainers in your area.

May 19, 2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Central Daylight Time

Community Day
Get out and play together in your local community parks on Pokémon GO Community Day. For just a few hours each month, you can encounter a special Pokémon in the wild. During these hours, there's a chance to learn a previously unavailable move for that Pokémon or its evolution, as well as earn some Community Day bonuses. Celebrate what it means to be a part of the Pokémon GO community and make new friends along the way!
Note: Fast TMs and Charged TMs will not grant exclusive moves during Community Day. To learn the exclusive move, you must catch or evolve the featured Pokémon during Community Day hours.

Find a Meetup Near You
Are you looking for Community Day event details or other Pokémon GO-related meetups happening in your city? There are many websites and platforms that Pokémon GO players use to organize with their local communities. To connect with other Trainers near you, try searching for your city name in conjunction with Pokémon GO on your preferred search engine, or finding groups in your area on social media channels, apps, and websites such as Facebook, Discord, Slack, WhatsApp, The Silph Road, and more! These groups are managed independently by players and are not sponsored by Niantic, but offer great opportunities to meet Trainers in your area.

Very hyped for Charmander Community Day. Charizard is one of my favourite shinies, aside from being a favorite Pokemon of mine in general. Blast Burn is the expected special move, and if it performs similar to Frenzy Plant, it's going to top the Fire-type DPS charts (even Moltres!) so I'm very looking forward to evolving a full six. For that I'm going to need 750 Candy, thankfully I already have the 450 as I've made a point of grinding it (the tryhard way, with Pinap) as soon as Bulbasaur was introduced, hoping this would happen too (and yes I'm doing it for Squirtle as well, but that's for later). I've also kept 3 high level Charmander, which we get reasonably easily here as we get lots of Sunny weather and Mountain biome, as potential evolution candidates. Not any good IV ones though :(

Ideally I'd like to hit a Charmander nest before the event but this migration didn't give us any :( Hopefully the next one, which should be the last chance before it. That should help with both the Candy and some better shots at IV.

As usual, stocking up on Ultra Balls/Pinap Berries. But more than half of the job is pre-done this time, so it can't go too wrong those three hours. However triple Stardust is nice, so I plan to also pop 6 Star Pieces on top of it all (plus 6 Incense, thankfully the Boxes I've bought by the time had all that, so I've kept them and am ready). I may need to tweak that if there's another event going on top of CD, as it's started to become a norm lately... But we'll see. Overall I'm very hyped and optimistic about this one just watch me not get enough shinies tho :(

Oh, I've been waiting for Larvitar to show up in the community day events. :D I've had enough candy for three Tyranitars for a while but I've hoard it oh so niggardly because I still haven't got a good IV Larvitar.

Last edited:
Charmander Community Day went very well for me:
OK, today I played a lot! I was totally prepared, with in-game resources, equipment, everything. I just wanted to be sure that this would roll perfectly, and it did.
Long story short, I popped 5 Star Pieces and Incense and caught everything with Charmander having priority of course, all with Pinap except the Shinies with Golden Razz.
Caught a whooping 8 Shinies, new record for Community Day! Evolved the best two to have the whole evolutionary family, and here we go: Charizard 2246, Charmeleon 1252, Charmander 672/609/549/525/301/267
Also evolved 6 Blast Burn Charizard in total, of which one was the aforementioned Shiny: Charizard 2421/2413/2413/2372/2321/2246
About 150.000 Stardust as well. Nothing remarkable IV wise, but I don't mind. I'd say today was my best Community Day so far, considering I also have lots of Candy saved for eventual powerups on the Charizard I evolved.

Looking forward to the Larvitar one too! I've got several Tyranitar already, some even 98% IV maxxed out, but more never hurt, especially if we get Smack Down as a Rock fast exclusive move (the most likely scenario), which means I should aim for 6 Rock attacker Ttar while my current ones become full Dark. I've got some Ultra Balls/Pinap Berries stocked already and about 250 Candy I'm glad to have not used by now, so I'm aiming for 750.

All Community Days have gone very well for me so far.

Pikachu: Got a Shiny at the last moment. And a lucky 100% Machop in the middle of it.
Dratini: Only one Shiny, but I don't mind. My green Dragonite is great! Also an 100%, that was quite a run to get it in time.
Bulbasaur: 4 Shinies, a 98% Venusaur evolved as well as several others. Also good.
Mareep: 3 Shinies, tons of Candies, some evolved Ampharos. I didn't mind this one much but it went well too.
Charmander: 6 Shinies, several evolved Charizard.
Larvitar: My best so far. 8 Shinies (!!!) and a full team of Smack Down Tyranitar. Even Zexy got only 6 :p

Larvitar: My best so far. 8 Shinies (!!!) and a full team of Smack Down Tyranitar. Even Zexy got only 6 :p
You won't make me feel bad over this, no. 6 is still a great number on its own :p

But yeah, Larvitar went great for me as well. 6 shinies, 6 Smack Down Tyranitar evolved, several Candies saved up for powerups (although by now I used them for Regice teambuilding).

Very hyped for this one, even though getting all the currently available evolutions as Shiny seems almost impossible.
I've stocked up several high IV/CP Eevee as well as Candy, so just like Squirtle, I can handle it relatively easily despite being in a rural area at the moment.

This whole "you can't decide into what Eevee evolves" is just plain stupid to me and that becomes only more vexing during the next Community Day. I know I'll end up with a legion of shiny Vaporeon and Vaporeon only. But hey, triple catch star dust is hard to beat.

It can get annoying with Shinies indeed. So I just plan to not roll the dice before I get at least 8 Shinies (so I can save up 7 for Eevee, Espeon, Umbreon, random evolution to get at least one of the 3 random ones for sure, and the rest saved for Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon). Everything beyond the 8th is just going to become an eventual dice roll.

Triple catch Stardust for 6 hours instead of 3 is very good though :D

2-day Community Day works good for those who have busy stuff on either Saturday or Sunday.

And this event, no matter what, actually can attract Eevee fans and hunters (I am one of them). Hope they include Research Tasks giving an Eevee out each.

2-day Community Day works good for those who have busy stuff on either Saturday or Sunday.

And this event, no matter what, actually can attract Eevee fans and hunters (I am one of them). Hope they include Research Tasks giving an Eevee out each.
Indeed, but it also works just as well for those who would rather have 6 hours of Eevee catching instead of 3 :D

So am I. I also hope they do that, especially with guaranteed Shinies just like Sunglasses Squirtle worked, because we're going to need A LOT of Shinies this time.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom