• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I think people are confusing the words "revealed" and "released". By all means it makes much more sense to reveal (show off in a trailer for the first time) Zeraora before they fully announce the new games. It just makes more sense that way. However Zeraora doesn't have to be released (given away) before we hear about the new gen. It'll be out in Japan first of course, but for the rest of the world it'll likely get released in November or December. Maybe October at earliest.

I may be wrong, but I think people are confusing the words "revealed" and "released". By all means it makes much more sense to reveal (show off in a trailer for the first time) Zeraora before they fully announce the new games. It just makes more sense that way. However Zeraora doesn't have to be released (given away) before we hear about the new gen. It'll be out in Japan first of course, but for the rest of the world it'll likely get released in November or December. Maybe October at earliest.
I'm not confusing it, personally (maybe misusing words when I talk about it, though XD), I just don't think that it's absolutely necessary to reveal Zeraora before the new games are announced. Would make more sense, but it's not really all that uber important at this point, since it is still cutting it way too close to last minute.

If anything, though, I expect Zeraora and new eeveelution to be revealed around the same time, and then game announcements to follow a week or two after.

Me when CoroCoro leaks:
e50.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Zeraora a first print bonus for the Switch games. I mean most of the hype for it is going to be eaten up by the Eeveeloution because it is going to be the first pokemon of the 8th Gen and get people hyped up for the Switch games. It isn't really going to get them anymore sales, and even take a look at how we're discussing Zeraora it isn't about the pokemon itself, what type it is going to be, what new attack it is going to have, what its ability will be, we're only really discussing Zeraora in relation to the 8th gen, now that might just be because of this thread, but I've looked at other places and don't see a whole lot of talk going on about Zeraora.

In addition to that, after thinking about it I wonder if they are planning a one-two punch, with releasing Smash in September to coincide with the release of their online service, Pokemon in November, and Fire Emblem to end out the year in December. This would also have the advantage of giving them knock-out Holiday line up.

Well, with the way things are now, if they do want to reveal it, something is going to have to be compressed. Either Zeraora and a new pokemon, or they just do all the new stuff at once and let Zeraora have a spot for itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Zeraora a first print bonus for the Switch games. I mean most of the hype for it is going to be eaten up by the Eeveeloution because it is going to be the first pokemon of the 8th Gen and get people hyped up for the Switch games. It isn't really going to get them anymore sales, and even take a look at how we're discussing Zeraora it isn't about the pokemon itself, what type it is going to be, what new attack it is going to have, what its ability will be, we're only really discussing Zeraora in relation to the 8th gen, now that might just be because of this thread, but I've looked at other places and don't see a whole lot of talk going on about Zeraora.

In addition to that, after thinking about it I wonder if they are planning a one-two punch, with releasing Smash in September to coincide with the release of their online service, Pokemon in November, and Fire Emblem to end out the year in December. This would also have the advantage of giving them knock-out Holiday line up.
Yeah I really don't think anyone actually cares about Zeraora. It's being revealed way too late and the only concern now is just pushing it out of the way so Gen 8 can start.

/vp/ - What exactly was posted? - Pokémon - 4chan
Anyone seen this? I know that Nintendo was after Chinese leaker but apparently they caught him and now he has legal issues with them. It's actually really serious.

The fact the dude is in so much trouble really makes what he said seem true. So we might be getting a reboot folks. The question is how big. I doubt a whole series reboot, they made to many mon models to just throw out. So maybe a BotW type of reboot?

That Chinese guy isn't the Chinese leaker, who already has a track record from SM (although he got Z-forms wrong). This new (alleged) leaker just mentioned the release date.

And I wouldn't be too quick to believe the arrest story.

ho oh pre order bonus was announced in April

lugia pre order bonus was announced in March

month shorter
That's because Ho-Oh was distributed via a CoroCoro serial code. It wasn't one of the two movie distributions: Pikachu (revealed in March) and Marshadow.

That Chinese guy isn't the Chinese leaker, who already has a track record from SM (although he got Z-forms wrong). This new (alleged) leaker just mentioned the release date.

And I wouldn't be too quick to believe the arrest story.

That's because Ho-Oh was distributed via a CoroCoro serial code. It wasn't one of the two movie distributions: Pikachu (revealed in March) and Marshadow.
awww that make sense. So It means lugia will have far bigger role than ho oh did

The guy in question does seem to be in trouble. He may or may not have been arrested yet, but the police apparently are looking into him. That's as much as I have heard anyway. Also yeah this guy has nothing to do with the most recent rumors. His info was that the game would be released by November of this year and that the game script was finished sometime last year.. At the time no one paid attention to him since he had no real credibility. Now that the cops are after him it does seem like he knew something. The question now is whether GF was able to stick to that scheduled release date or if it got pushed back. I'd be willing to bet it got pushed, but we won't know for sure until we get real official info.

Seems a bit ridiculous to be taking that much action against someone who just said that the games would release in November. It's not like that unconfirmed knowledge impacts anything?

Unless he took more important info or something and they got on his tail before he could release it. Otherwise, all that we've been leaked by this guy is basically useless.

I think what surprises me even more is that they haven't yet decided to utilize leakers as part of their promotional marketing. Like... gather up their miscellaneous Riddlers and give them license on what info they're allowed leak and approval on how they leak it. They've got some talented individuals who know how to leak info in just the right way that keeps us talking about it without giving anything definite away, so why not give those guys an approval stamp to keep doing what they're doing? It's effective, and at least in that event, it would be controlled.

...unless they have and that's why Riddlers aren't being hunted down yet and this poor November 2018 guy is.

In Japan leaks are taken VERY seriously. So while it seems silly to us it's not to them. Also yeah it may not be a matter of what he did leak, but more of what he could have leaked. It's possible he knew more or they were afraid he knew more and would leak . So now they're after him. Plus if he signed an NDA that alone would be enough to go after him. Even if it's just that he leaked a possible release period if it's under a NDA they can take legal action regardless.

...unless they have and that's why Riddlers aren't being hunted down yet and this poor November 2018 guy is.

Unlikely. Also the reason the Chinese Riddler hasn't gotten caught is because he's more of a 3rd party leaker. He doesn't work for Nintendo/TPC/GF so it's not crazy easy to track some one completely removed. Also supposedly he has a group of people that he works with so that makes it even harder to pinpoint his actual identity as well. The reason the other guy is being hunted down is likely because he directly works for one of the companies and was stupid enough to leak the info himself.

In Japan leaks are taken VERY seriously. So while it seems silly to us it's not to them. Also yeah it may not be a matter of what he did leak, but more of what he could have leaked. It's possible he knew more or they were afraid he knew more and would leak . So now they're after him. Plus if he signed an NDA that alone would be enough to go after him. Even if it's just that he leaked a possible release period if it's under a NDA they can take legal action regardless.

Unlikely. Also the reason the Chinese Riddler hasn't gotten caught is because he's more of a 3rd party leaker. He doesn't work for Nintendo/TPC/GF so it's not crazy easy to track some one completely removed. Also supposedly he has a group of people that he works with so that makes it even harder to pinpoint his actual identity as well. The reason the other guy is being hunted down is likely because he directly works for one of the companies and was stupid enough to leak the info himself.

XD True true... I remember that he was warned to stop leaking, which is why he's inactive now. If I was them, though, I'd hire the Riddler if I could find him. Genius alternative marketing.

Still feels ridiculous to be taking drastic action over a proposed release date- but I guess you either gotta slap their hand or slap them hard, because if they just settled for firing the guy, we could get a legit "disgruntled employee" leak and they'd have a situation where not only do they need to take legal action anyway, but even more important info got leaked.

In Japan and both the West non disclosure agreements are hugely serious in the media, gaming and movie industry. In Japan this is even more serious as per the nature of their culture.

If you agree and sign a contract or work for a firm be it Gamefreak, Nintendo or a multi media movie company, breaking that NDA has huge consequences quite often you’ll be sued to oblivion this includes release dates for projects.

We have seen many people face potential legal action if they didn’t stop like serebii in the past and the gen 5 starter evolution leaked was jailed.

If this person is facing any legal action or is wanted by Nintendo then we do know for a fact that means that the release date he leaks was the original plan or still is.

Cops Nab Man For Sharing New Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom