• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Yes I agree, but the storyline was cramped together into a load of episodes at the end, so, therefore, would you agree with me that Greninja is perceived as hogging to limelight whereas Infernape less so?
Ok I do see where your coming from and I do think it would had been better if they space it out starting at the 2nd half of XY.

Ok I do see where your coming from and I do think it would had been better if they space it out starting at the 2nd half of XY.
Nice to have this discussion with you, I hope I didn't act like I wanted to impose my views on you, I was just giving my point of view! :D
Best Wishes! is the best there is.
What do you like about it? :)

What do you like about it? :)
The humor was great, the characters were engaging, there was a huge sense of adventure, there was so much variety in the episodes, and it was fun. Even most of the filler was great, except for probably BW053.
The villains were great, and TR was at their best here - not only the organization but the characters.
The animation style is the most appealing, whether it's the characters or certain moves in the series (Iron Tail, Power Gem, etc.)
The filler is some of the best in the series, without TR to use as a crutch, the writers were forced to explore their creativity with episode plots and new conflicts.
The Pokemon's personalities were the best too.
BW141 also served as a great finale, even if the motivations for the characters were rushed, it had so much heart to it.

Same here! :D

I feel like BW Ash's team would had been a lot stronger if he didn't get so many mons.
Or if he evolved some of them! But granted Snivy and Oshawott had really nice personalities so it made sense to keep them. A lot of anime viewers don't like change and prefer status quo. Which is why so many of us get mad with quick characters without development like Tobias in the Sinnoh league haha

Or if he evolved some of them! But granted Snivy and Oshawott had really nice personalities so it made sense to keep them. A lot of anime viewers don't like change and prefer status quo. Which is why so many of us get mad with quick characters without development like Tobias in the Sinnoh league haha
Well I would had like if Pignite evolve to Emboar and Osawott evolve to Dewott. Snivy can stay the same but she needed to learn new moves.

Same here! :D

I feel like BW Ash's team would had been a lot stronger if he didn't get so many mons.

I agree. Ash's BW team had some nice potential and most of his Pokemon early on had some personality, but because he caught so many of them, it was hard to make them stand out and get a good amount of screentime. I can understand why they gave Ash so many new Pokemon, especially if the writers didn't think that Ash could use his regular reserved Pokemon for the Unova League when the series started, but it definitely didn't help out his BW team in the long run. He had so many forgettable Pokemon during the series that I wonder why they bothered giving them to Ash in the first place.

Well I would had like if Pignite evolve to Emboar and Osawott evolve to Dewott. Snivy can stay the same but she needed to learn new moves.

I didn't mind Pignite not evolving, but I'm still kind of surprised that they didn't have Oshawott become a Dewott. It was used for comedy relief and comedy relief Pokemon don't normally evolve, but Dewott would have been a nice choice. It would have looked noticeably more tough, while also still having enough marketable cuteness. They probably wouldn't have wanted Snivy to evolve given Trip's main Pokemon was his Serperior, but giving it some new moves definitely would have been nice.

I agree. Ash's BW team had some nice potential and most of his Pokemon early on had some personality, but because he caught so many of them, it was hard to make them stand out and get a good amount of screentime. I can understand why they gave Ash so many new Pokemon, especially if the writers didn't think that Ash could use his regular reserved Pokemon for the Unova League when the series started, but it definitely didn't help out his BW team in the long run. He had so many forgettable Pokemon during the series that I wonder why they bothered giving them to Ash in the first place.

I didn't mind Pignite not evolving, but I'm still kind of surprised that they didn't have Oshawott become a Dewott. It was used for comedy relief and comedy relief Pokemon don't normally evolve, but Dewott would have been a nice choice. It would have looked noticeably more tough, while also still having enough marketable cuteness. They probably wouldn't have wanted Snivy to evolve given Trip's main Pokemon was his Serperior, but giving it some new moves definitely would have been nice.

Unevolved Pokémon are cuter and sell more plushies, which is why I doubt Rowlet will evolve.

I'm not sure this is controversial after the Kalos League concluded, but I didn't like the XY series. SM is great, though!

Well I say that the 2nd half of the Ash vs Alain battle in the league was worst then the 2nd half of the Ash vs Saywer battle in the league.

I'm the opposite, I didn't like or hate the Alain battle, but hated the conclusion of Ash vs. Sawyer. I think Sawyer got screwed over.

I'm the opposite, I didn't like or hate the Alain battle, but hated the conclusion of Ash vs. Sawyer. I think Sawyer got screwed over.
Really because for his first year as a trainer making it to the top 4 was great he did better than Ash did in his first year. And its not like the battte was one-sided both did well.

He seemed to be being built up as the person that would win the league/beat Ash, but that all plummeted when Alain was thrown into the league. I liked his story and character.

He seemed to be being built up as the person that would win the league/beat Ash, but that all plummeted when Alain was thrown into the league. I liked his story and character.
Well if Sawyer was the one that beat Ash in the finals that would had been better then Alain winning.

Unevolved Pokémon are cuter and sell more plushies, which is why I doubt Rowlet will evolve.

That's usually why some Pokemon stay unevolved in the show, especially starter Pokemon considering how marketable they are. I just think Dewott could have had a nice balance between being a strong looking and marketable cute Pokemon.

While I liked Sawyer, I never got the impression that he was the one who would win the League. If anything, Ash losing to him right before getting his last badge made it more clear that he would win their match in the Kalos League. That defeat had a pretty significant impact on Ash and I don't think that there would have been much of a point to Ash losing to him again. They were building up to a confrontation between Ash and Alain, even though he still feels really forced into the arc, so I don't think that Sawyer was ever going to beat Ash in the Kalos League. I do still wish that Sawyer was introduced much earlier in the series. That would have helped make his progression feel less sudden, even if Sawyer suddenly becoming strong enough to beat Ash was kind of the point they were going for. But the writers' hands were probably tied given that Sawyer existed to help promote OR/AS and they couldn't have introduced him during the series' first year before the games were even announced.

That's usually why some Pokemon stay unevolved in the show, especially starter Pokemon considering how marketable they are. I just think Dewott could have had a nice balance between being a strong looking and marketable cute Pokemon.

While I liked Sawyer, I never got the impression that he was the one who would win the League. If anything, Ash losing to him right before getting his last badge made it more clear that he would win their match in the Kalos League. That defeat had a pretty significant impact on Ash and I don't think that there would have been much of a point to Ash losing to him again. They were building up to a confrontation between Ash and Alain, even though he still feels really forced into the arc, so I don't think that Sawyer was ever going to beat Ash in the Kalos League. I do still wish that Sawyer was introduced much earlier in the series. That would have helped make his progression feel less sudden, even if Sawyer suddenly becoming strong enough to beat Ash was kind of the point they were going for. But the writers' hands were probably tied given that Sawyer existed to help promote OR/AS and they couldn't have introduced him during the series' first year before the games were even announced.

I would have liked to see Wally.

I would have liked to see Wally.

Wally would have been nice, especially when some fans didn't like that he wasn't in AG either. I'm not sure if they could have fit him into XY, mainly because a sickly boy going to Kalos instead of Hoenn for his first journey might have seemed a bit odd, but I wouldn't have been against it. Sawyer worked generally fine though.

Back
Top Bottom