• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, ok. I didn't say/mean that. Let's just calm down and forget this.
Sorry I misunderstood you. I though you said that because I'm opposed to a Sri Lanka region I must hate the whole country. I don't. It's just a very unremarkable area to base a region on.

I'm still thinking the only reveal we'll see next month is Zeraora. I just can't see Zeraora being revealed alongside the switch game, or a week or two before it, etc. I feel like they'd wanna space it out

Which does make that Pixelpar bet where he "predicted" a tease within 30 days, very interesting to me. It's not really a safe prediction at all IMO, and he sounded pretty confident initially. . . .

I'm still thinking the only reveal we'll see next month is Zeraora. I just can't see Zeraora being revealed alongside the switch game, or a week or two before it, etc. I feel like they'd wanna space it out

Which does make that Pixelpar bet where he "predicted" a tease within 30 days, very interesting to me. It's not really a safe prediction at all IMO, and he sounded pretty confident initially. . . .

As much as I want Pokemon Switch news, I would absolutely be satisfied by a Zeraora announcement. It would mean that the only stuff ahead would be new information, and also I really do like the Pokemon and am looking forward to obtaining one.

What kind of rival are you guys hoping to have this time around? Personally I'm hoping for friendly rivals (more than one- I like having battles against both starter lines I don't pick). Also I really hope we don't have another rival that's like "Why can't I beat you." Beating Hau and Calem always makes me feel down because especially in Ultra Moon beating Hau did not feel good. Just because the rivals don't beat *me* in battles shouldn't make them feel bad because they should be beating near anyone else they come across. :\

As much as I want Pokemon Switch news, I would absolutely be satisfied by a Zeraora announcement. It would mean that the only stuff ahead would be new information, and also I really do like the Pokemon and am looking forward to obtaining one.

I like this way of thinking!

the worst case scenario (only zeraora gets announced next month) is still a good scenario since switch news would be next up. There's really no downside, and given all of the merch/paul ryan tweets from last week, we know that we can start to expect things around summer anyways

Sorry I misunderstood you. I though you said that because I'm opposed to a Sri Lanka region I must hate the whole country. I don't. It's just a very unremarkable area to base a region on.
I don't think you hate sri lanka, what I meant is that someone from there could be sad reading that you think their country is "obscure" or "unremarkable". I'm sure you don't mean that, you refers to a pokemon region based on it that you may not like and it's your point of view and it's ok. Just try to don't use those words cause people could misunderstand.

Last edited:
Let´s have fun /vp/ - Few but safe info - Pokémon - 4chan

As a Ducktales fan, I about done lost my shit when I seen that pic of the Beagle Boys.

All of this Eevee teasing though... I will honestly be extremely disappointed if we don't get an Eeveelution for the Switch game. The last time Eevee got this much attention, we got Sylveon.

Also, you guys wanna hear something funny? I had a dream last night that we got a Pokemon Direct on March 28th and they announced the new game. It was weird as hell, but I almost thought it was real.

The snake that collects light seems to overlap with Necrozma a little more than I'd expect. It actually sounds awesome and I wouldn't complain if it was real, but I'm not sure GameFreak would make another legendary focused on light immediately after we had an entire generation about that.

What kind of rival are you guys hoping to have this time around? Personally I'm hoping for friendly rivals (more than one- I like having battles against both starter lines I don't pick). Also I really hope we don't have another rival that's like "Why can't I beat you." Beating Hau and Calem always makes me feel down because especially in Ultra Moon beating Hau did not feel good. Just because the rivals don't beat *me* in battles shouldn't make them feel bad because they should be beating near anyone else they come across. :\

Oh wow, so I'm not actually the only one who feels bad beating my rivals sometimes! I honestly felt the worst for Gladion - he lost to Guzma during the Aether climax, he feels horrible over his inability to protect Lillie, and even when he and his chimera buddy unlock their full potential I still kick their asses.

Speaking of the rivals of Sun and Moon, though, I liked Gen 7 a lot in that regard. There's a friendly rival as well as a hostile rival, so everyone can find something they like, and neither of them is a pushover in battle. Would love to see them go with a similar formula in the future - though obviously with the backstories, personalities, and general details changed up a bit from Gladion and Hau.

A Rock type Eevee:whistle:.... Crystaleon ;)

Star Wars did it before Eevee made it cool.

star-wars-the-last-jedi-vulptex.png

Gen 7 knocked it out of the park when it came to characters, so I'm hoping the switch game follows suit.

Although honestly at this point I'll take anything as long as it's not remotely similar to X/Y's cast of rivals/friends.

I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get an eeveeulution in gen 8 as well. New eeveelutions during even numbered generations is one tradition I don't want GF to break.

I know it’s a stretch, but wasn’t the importance of Pokémon eggs also in the Plus and Minus rumor?
There was this bit regarding eggs from the rumor, so yes
"...the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is..."

I know it’s a stretch, but wasn’t the importance of Pokémon eggs also in the Plus and Minus rumors? Also I would love if they made it so we can travel to Unova
Since it is rumored gen 8 will be in South East Asia, mabye the game starts in sri lanka and the jungle dude follows the character to singapore

We won't know anything one way or the other for a long time yet even if we do get anything. At this point, I'm more interested in their financial update, as I don't believe anything will occur before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom