• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP05: Night of a Thousand Poses!

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Brisol
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr.
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

WTP:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fV1x5cYeTg

Yay, no stock footage to start this time! ...why is this a thing to celebrate?

Hobbs recording Lille is pretty pervy. I'd at least do it from the bushes. I mean - er - wouldn't record at all.

Ah, so it was Lusamine. I find the anime version so weird, the real version doesn't care this much... it's scary when I'd rather see her freezing Pokemon to death.

Nebby didnt teleport during that test? weird. Also, I wonder if THIS is how you find out a Pokemon's type in the canon.

A sleep over? is Ash a teenage girl lol? also, inviting a 20 something women to sleep with a group of 11 year olds. Not sus at all IMO.

Burnet blushing to Kukui. Interesting. Maybe they've been secrely dating all this time.

Future spoilers

Plus I already know they get married because of Reddit. ...that would be really quick if they met like 3 days ago, unless 50 years skip and no one ages in the span of 5 episodes or whatever lol

I'm gonna guess Nebby is hiding on the bed lol. Or it's in the Castiela Sewers. ...oh, under the table. K den, you're no funny Nebby.

Under the hat, bants.

Z move whatever seems boring lol.

Lol Turtonator. I hope Kukui can afford a new house.

Pretty sure I'd cut my fingers off by accident cutting that carrot. Hope you like Muur soup.

Rotom is the one in the wrong lol, reruns lol... and hmm they all should've just had smart phones and watched them on their own lol.

Munchlax best eater.

Pokemon training themsevles, cuz Ash is too lazy.

ROMANCE IN POKEMON. I REPEAT, ROMANCE IN POKEMON. ABORT MISSION.

and they should;ve just ordered take out lol.

Kukui's PJs is a pink shirt? weird lol.

"Mum thinks only about her self" - I disagree lol, she's trying her best. That's why she was pervo recording.

Nebby's such a troll lol. If I was Gladian, I'd be really sick of Nebby's shit.

Type:2spooky4me

Oh no, Lille has de-digivolved back into pussy Lille. Guess character development isn't allowed in Pokemon.

Day 5 of the marathon. I guess after yesterday's intense-ass episode we needed something light and light we did! A sleepover? Think this is the 1st time did they this in the show, an interesting one this was. Good to see the Inferno-Overdrive and Breakneck-Blitz Z-moves showcased again, everyone in their sleeping outfits especially the girls...., and just for being a good-vibed till near the end where we start seeing development for Burnet and Kukui and lillie's fear of touching Pokemon comes back to bite her in the last moments of this episode. I'll give this a 7.5/10 if only cuz of the last scenes of the episode making this worth it.

This episode was actually pretty funny and cute. Also, I keep forgetting to mention it, but I want a full version of the new into.

Kukui knows he was happy that Burnet staying for that sleep over. ;) I can't believe Ash's classmates just decided that they were allowed to sleep in his loft because they thought it was cool. Sometimes I swear this kid is too nice o_O

The shot Litten petting Popplio was adorable, as was Popplio playing the Z-Move game. I love how he only did the pose for Hydro Vortex. I died laughing at Lillie taking her sweet time to start cutting that carrot. And as much as I dislike Pikachu this season, the shot of him rolling around on the floor after the room got cleaned was actually cute.

Man, I would have been pissed at Munchlax for eating all of that food. Burnet didn't even scold the thing. Again, these kids are too nice o_O. I did think it was cute that Nebby made fingers out of his little cloud hands.

So I guess Litten and rock dog just leave the house to start training without alerting their trainer whatsoever. Okay...o_O

LMAO, I can't believe Kiawe said his mom was scary. :ROFLMAO: I did like all of the bonding Lillie had with Burnet. It was cute that she had so any similar memories of interacting with her mom, as she had with Burnet at the party.

Anyway, obviously the main event was Lillie's fears coming back upon seeing Silvally. I kind of wish they'd dedicated a little more time to that in this episode, but I suppose it was a nice cliffhanger for what's up next.

Overall, I'd give this episode a 7/10.

Burnet blushing to Kukui. Interesting. Maybe they've been secrely dating all this time.

Fictional characters have lives beyond what the story shows us. And they are married in the games. I think it's pretty clear that we are seeing the development of that.

Oh no, Lille has de-digivolved back into pussy Lille. Guess character development isn't allowed in Pokemon.
Dude...

This episode was such a breath of fresh air after the last one. I absolutely loved watching it with subs, and I think the dub did just as good of a job carrying it over.

First of all, yay for a break from that repeat "Lillie writing in her diary scene"! It was kind of funny to see Hobbes following Lusamine's orders to record Lillie, albeit a bit creepy. This is one of those times where I felt the dub finally got the tone of Lillie and Lusamine's relationship right. Unlike two episodes before, this time I was on Lillie's side and actually felt bad for her. Lusamine answering the phone in the middle of her call with Lillie was certainly tone deaf, to say the least.

The sleepover concept was so cute. It's obviously not something we'd normally get since the characters are travelling together. I think the writers do a good job of capturing the characters' personalities and really portraying them like kids. The sleepover activities were realistic and totally fun to watch. The Z-move pose game was a nice touch, especially when Ash bragged about how easy it was and then promptly screwed up. Kiawe actually using inferno overdrive was also great. The poor boy was so apologetic afterwards!

Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet are everything. I love that the anime is developing their relationship, whereas they were just married in the games. That's something else we never really get to see, so it's awesome. It helps that Burnet is one of the coolest characters ever! I absolutely love her, she's such a sweetheart.

Lillie being transported to Gladion felt so much more natural than how Ash ended up there last episode. I like that they tied it into her conversation with Burnet. I also like how they really managed to shift the tone of the ending so far from the rest of the episode. It was a nice contrast that to me shows SM can handle both ends of the emotional spectrum pretty well.

Overall a cute and enjoyable episode!

Fictional characters have lives beyond what the story shows us. And they are married in the games. I think it's pretty clear that we are seeing the development of that.

Dude...

The pussy part was a joke, hence me referencing Digimon

Fair enough on Kukui but it does seem to be a "they don't know each other" scenario

Well, at least there is no stock Lillie footage used in this episode because Ash didn't tell her about the events of the previous episode as he promised Gladion to not tell everyone that he met him and his Silvally especially Lillie.

• No stock footage this time, thankfully. Though I still miss the old narrator.
  • Smothering Lusamine strikes again, it seems. But at least Lillie realizes she’s being insensitive herself as well, so hopefully they can both learn from this.
  • Wow, is this seriously the first time Ash has invited his friends over for a sleepover? I used to do that all the time when I was his age – and I was a lot less social than he is. But you don’t really see 10-year-olds doing a lot of 10-year-old things to begin with in this series.
  • That Pose game actually seems kind of fun, though I wish there was more they did than just fire, water and grass. Making the challenge all in saying the move name when there’s three in a row just seems cheap. Also, Kiawe accidentally activating the real Z-move is priceless.
  • Well, there is one relatable thing from my childhood: a good old-fashioned couch war. Anyone with siblings probably remembers that.
  • Everyone looks so cute in their pj’s. Especially Ash’s Rowlet tee and Mallow with her hair down.
  • Wow, Kukui and Burnet are moving fast. Still, it’s adorably dorky nonetheless, and we didn’t even get to see it develop in the games.
  • And so Lillie is back to square one. I hope it doesn’t last; this show is starved for character growth.
  • Overall, even though nothing really happens in this episode until the end, nonetheless it’s a fun diversion before the more intense stuff comes in full swing.

Wow, is this seriously the first time Ash has invited his friends over for a sleepover? I used to do that all the time when I was his age – and I was a lot less social than he is. But you don’t really see 10-year-olds doing a lot of 10-year-old things to begin with in this series.
Considering how little time he spent on his home, it's not that surprising.

What's that? No stock footage. :p

Poor Lillie... All she wants is for her mother to stop focusing all her attention on work, and give some to her and Gladion. Definitely feel sad for her. (y)

A sleepover? That sounds like a fun idea. AND Professor Burnet agrees to stay?! That's lovely.

Hide-and-seek with Nebby was quite cute. The girls team won. Great! So, Lillie finally gets to be on the loft.

The Z-Move pose game was fun as well. Also, Kiawe accidentally activating the real Inferno Overdrive was priceless. :LOL::LOL:

I liked how Lillie mentions she learnt cooking from Lusamine. Makes her case all the more compelling.

Darn Munchlax! :eek::(

Litten and Lycanroc, what are you two up to now...

Oh, it's just a training session. *phew* (y)

OMG! Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet! "It's shipping time!". :X3:

I liked how Burnet decided to talk to Lillie about her feelings. She definitely came out as a mother figure, and I appreciate that. A nice nod to the games as well. (y)

Type: Null and Lillie seem to have some history together. Wonder what could have happened...

Looks like Lillie's suppressed memories have resurfaced, and she is unable to touch Pokémon once again.

All in all, a fun-filled, cute episode. Lillie's development seems to be in full swing. Can't wait to see what happens next...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom