• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the company says they are aiming for 2018 that obviously means 2019?
Also you think they can spin this out until late 2019? What will be the giveaway in the July 2019 movie.
What are they going to fill the anime with, 1.5 years of filler?

It's obvious they'r movie giveaway is zereora and maybe some old event pokemons.
When have the company says that they aiming for 2018?
Never heard really of that...

except we know from TPCi job listings and what not that they've been in the localisation phase for the games. It could be for spinoffs, but the listings mention strategy guides, compressed schedules etc. It's evident that a late 2018 release is intended
Where exactly do you have the soucre that they are localizing the games?
Sorry but i dont thing that these are believable soucres...

Game Freak rest every generations one year.
if a gen is 3 year long then there comes always 2 releases in one and one year they are rest.
And if a gen is 4 years long then it come always 3 releases, and of course 1 year they just resting.
I think they don't release this year a game, and this generation ends in 3 years.

It would be crazy if they don't release a trailer for it until the 12th. We have been waiting for this cat way too long to make us wait other 4 days just to see it in battle, know its type and signature move (all things we already know clearly).

It's obvious they'r movie giveaway is zereora and maybe some old event pokemons.

if a gen is 3 year long then there comes always 2 releases in one and one year they are rest.
And if a gen is 4 years long then it come always 3 releases, and of course 1 year they just resting.
I think they don't release this year a game, and this generation ends in 3 years.

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/965712199649038338

they were literally concrete job listings that existed on the internet a while ago

It doesn't 100% state it's for the switch games, but putting two and two together with all that's been going on. . .

=/ Seriously, I'm not salty about a Kanto return at all- I fully expect it to come sooner rather than later. I've just been trying to express that it's a big opportunity to make a strong first "home console" game and.... revisiting Kanto does not feel like it's putting their best foot forward.

--------------------------------

In other news- glad Zeraora's finally out of the bag. XD

It really depends on how it's handled, like you mention. My biggest fear is that Kanto will be Gen VIII and then the next game will be Sinnoh in a remake. Unless they combine Kanto and Sinnoh (and likely Johto for its relevance to Sinnoh) than I'm going to be extremely twitchy about the possibility of double revisits. If they start remixing older gens into newer ones, like the Piuk scenario, I'll find this all a lot easier to stomach. I just don't know.

With a trailer showcasing more Zeraora info on the 12th, that automatically gives Pixelpar's bet 5 more days before time's up.

Pokemon Switch was listed in Nintendo's financial report for "2018 or later" - Screenshot
You can find it on page 7 here - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

Volcanion was revealed in December of 2015. If Gen 8 is coming this year than Zeraora would have been revealed much earlier.

It's probably been mentioned, but Marshadow was revealed on April 7 of last year. Then in June we got the announcement for Ultra Sun and Moon, which came out in November. That's only 7 months between Marshadow and the games. I think they've just been holding onto it for the movie. It's exactly the same decision they made last year.

I was thinking...Zeraora does not seem to be the bad guy like Marshadow who played the evil spirit. The little girl is seen protecting him. But who is attacking him/them, who is the bad guy? Who is causing the black smoke mess and all that fire? Lugia? What the hell is this movie about?
Anyway I think Zeraora will sacrifice itself to protect the little girl in the end.

I was specifically talking about people who grew up with the originals.
My first game was pokemon blue back when i was 10 and and then gold i am all for nostalgia but a new story line would be welcomed

Not gonna lie but I think the admin is very lenient with Riley at this point if someone tries to oppose his opinion they either get flagged or worsed banned but when he goes out of his way and shuts down everyone's opinion everytime he gets away with it reallg it is frustrating that we keep ending up discussing the same issues again and again. So once in for all the possibility of 2018 is still open and very much possible at this point.

It's probably been mentioned, but Marshadow was revealed on April 7 of last year. Then in June we got the announcement for Ultra Sun and Moon, which came out in November. That's only 7 months between Marshadow and the games. I think they've just been holding onto it for the movie. It's exactly the same decision they made last year.
Third versions are different from new gens.

Pokemon Switch was listed in Nintendo's financial report for "2018 or later" - Screenshot
You can find it on page 7 here - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

Because it is listed there it won't mean that is exactly coming this year.
The developers of main games is game freak, and i don't believe that they are able to bring 3 releases in 3 years.
It is just contradict the traditional release-date rhythm of game freak and, i don't think they are able bring this game that much quick.

I was thinking...Zeraora does not seem to be the bad guy like Marshadow who played the evil spirit. The little girl is seen protecting him. But who is attacking him/them, who is the bad guy? Who is causing the black smoke mess and all that fire? Lugia? What the hell is this movie about?
Watch it be the return of Marshadow as it becomes Movie!Ash's arch-nemesis. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom